Prologue

My lovely roommate

Baekhyun had woken up early and proceeded to do his usual morning routine but the sound of his doorbell ringing caused his actions to come to a halt. He headed towards the front door with furrowed brows, clearly not expecting any guests and opened the door to have the landlord and an unfamiliar female in sight.

His eyes widened in shock, his mind immediately theorizing the sight in front of him and had come to a conclusion that he hadn’t paid his rent and that the female would now rent his room. But he was always ahead when it concerned his money so tried his hardest to recall whether he had paid the rent or not. However, his thoughts were disrupted by the landlord.

“Baekhyun, would you mind sharing a room with her?” The landlord asked and Baekhyun’s eyes darted towards the unfamiliar female.

“Eh?”

 

 

“I’m sorry”

It had been the umpteenth time Baekhyun heard of the phrase, he found her quite intriguing and began to ponder whether the female was able to speak words other than those. He turned to face her who was currently holding onto a huge box while casting an apologetic look his way which appeared adorable in his eyes.

“It’s alright, I don’t mind” Baekhyun assured her with a smile, walking towards her to grab the box out of her grasp which she attempted to take back. “Besides, I couldn’t let a pretty girl like you stay out in the cold” He added, sending her a playful wink which resulting in her giggling with rosy cheeks.

“I’m already grateful that you’re letting me stay but you really don’t have to help me move in, I don’t want to burden you any further” She said as she once again tried to obtain the box from Baekhyun’s hands but he didn’t budge and just walked past her. “Sorry”

“I told you, it’s alright” Baekhyun reassured her as he placed the box on the floor of their apartment. “Are you going to apologize the whole time while I do all the work or are you going to help me too?” He asked, walking out of the apartment to get another one of her boxes.

She widened her eyes in realization upon hearing his words and immediately ran out, trailing after him. “Sorry, I didn’t notice” She apologized with a sheepish smile, taking ahold of one of the boxes making him chuckle as he once again assured her that it was alright.

“I’m curious” Baekhyun blurted as he carried a box into the apartment, the female turned her attention to him. “Do you only know how to apologize? I’m starting to feel concern since I’m going to live with you” He asked her with a teasing tone as he feigned a worried look. She rolled her eyes at that making him crack an amused smile.

“Yes, I can speak without apologizing” She clarified and Baekhyun had a look of pure relief on his face upon hearing her words before the two burst out in laughter at his act. She lightly hit his arm with a playful glare sent his way which he only grinned at. He then noticed her opening to speak but he had beaten her to it.

“Sorry” Baekhyun interjected with a cheeky smile. “That’s what you were about to say, right?” He teased.

“No” She protested hastily with a hint of pink on her cheeks which concluded that he was right. “I was just…I am…” She trailed off, struggling to acquire the right words and that made him laugh. “I think I’ll just stop talking” She uttered and looked away in embarrassment as she shut her lips tightly, Baekhyun smiles in amusement before shaking his head and proceeded with his task.

Baekhyun’s phone had ringed which he answered only to be requested by his friends to hang out. He wanted to decline the offer but the thought of receiving free food had compelled him to agree. He informed his roommate who nodded, assuring him that she was capable of handling the task by herself. Even so, he feels guilty for not assisting her and casted an apologetic look before leaving the apartment.

 

 

Hours passed and Baekhyun had finally returned to the apartment with a bag containing takeout which he planned to have as dinner for him and his new roommate. His eyes roamed around, noticing how easily his roommate had settled perfectly in such little time. He gathered them both to eat in front of the TV, wanting to chat properly while watching a movie.

“Sorry for leaving so suddenly, my friends were treating me free food” Baekhyun apologized, settling down the dishes nicely on the table.

“Look who’s apologizing now” She teased, taking her share of food and he only grinned. “It’s fine, you’ve already helped me a lot by taking me in so thank you” She assured.

“I told you, I couldn’t let such a pretty girl stay out in the cold” Baekhyun said cheekily as he watched her cheeks redden as she bit back a smile that was fighting to be appeared. He smiled in satisfaction, happy that his words still had the same effect on her just like previously.

“But still, if it weren’t for you, I would still be searching for a place to live” She added. “I don’t think I can thank you enough”

 “Are you going to start thanking me now?” Baekhyun teased, laughing.

“You know what, I take it all back, never mind!” She said, crossing her arms with a huff as she narrows her eyes at the laughing male beside her. But she couldn’t seem to maintain her act since his laugh was apparently very contagious so she couldn’t help but join in the laughter.

“Baekhyun” He blurted out abruptly once the both of them had regained their composure, he grinned upon seeing a puzzled look on her face. “I’m Byun Baekhyun” He clarified and reached his hand out for a handshake.

“Im Solji” She grins as she shakes his hand.