I Need U

First Love

“Like this?”

Soft fingers feathered the keys of the piano. The pink-haired man tried to recreate the tune he learned a few days ago, but he kept playing off rhythm or with the wrong note. He cringed at his frequent mistakes and looked to the other man beside him for a reaction, but only saw a serene expression. Who knew playing, “I Need U”, would be this hard? The raven-haired one sat in silence with crossed arms, his eyes closed and his face raised, as if he was listening to the music with a trained ear.

Jimin knew better.

“Yah, hyung.” The younger member punched the rapper’s arm. “Wake up!”

“I’ve been awake,” Suga said, his eyes still closed. “My eyes were just getting tired.”

“If you were awake the whole time, how was I playing then?” Jimin grinned smugly. “I bet you couldn’t answer-!”

“Horribly.”

“Dammit.” Jimin grimaced, his back slumping forward. “I thought I could get away…”

“I thought I told you to practice.” The younger winced at the pianist’s gravelly voice. “I can clearly hear you playing badly.”

“Yeah- well- I was also practicing for our comeback!” The dancer pouted. “How about that, Yoon-hyung?!”

Jimin shivered, his back straightened as Suga opened one eye at him.

“What did you call me?”

“N-Nothing…”

“I better not hear it again.”

“Y-yes, hyung.”

“Good.” Suga stood up. “Now sit still.”

“Wh-what are you-?”

Jimin yelped when the rapper s his hands around the dancer’s. He blushed at the gruff pianist’s surprisingly smooth fingers. Suga gripped the vocalist’s hands and placed them at the proper place. Jimin gulped at the warm breath against his neck.

“Soft…”

“What?”

“Just follow my fingers.”

“Hyung, you’re making this kinda hard.”

“I know what I’m doing.”

Jimin couldn’t help but laugh as Suga played on the piano over the younger’s hands. The laughter fell, though, as the rapper truly let his passion shine. Jimin sighed along with the melody as the chords filled his heart. His body melted into the warmth of the piano as the song carried him into a dark beyond. Jimin was lost, but in a good way.

“Wake up.” Suga grimaced as the boy jumped. “Were you even paying attention?”

“Y-yes!” Jimin straightened his back and placed his hands on the piano. “I think I can do it.”

The first, accidental note from his pinky made the older member growl. Jimin gasped at the sudden lack of warmth on his back. He turned to see Suga step to the door.

“Why do I even bother…?”

“Wait!”

Their hearts stopped at the sudden grasp to the rapper’s wrist. From the rhythmic void their hearts spiked to an impossibly high rate. Jimin pulled back to cover his blush, his face darting away. He gripped his cheeks to calm himself. Just as his pulse slowed, it shot up again when the perfumed warmth returned to envelope him. The scent of cologne swirled in Jimin’s mind, muddling his concentration.

“Pay attention this time, idiot.”

“Y-Yes, hyung-gi…”

“…Let’s take this from the top.”

Jimin chuckled as Suga placed the younger’s small fingers onto the piano once more.

“Follow what I do.”

The pianist played the chords on his left hand and the melody on his right. Jimin didn’t let the song bother him unless it’s to repeat what was being played. He didn’t let the warmth on his back, Suga’s equally small fingers, or his pale, pristine hands as they flowed across the keys bother him. Nope. Jimin was focused on the keys the fingers were playing, and not on the cute fingers themselves with the manicured nails, the gentle glow of Yoongi’s skin, their dexterity-

“Now you try.”

Crap!

Jimin gulped. Stupid Yoongi and his perfect, tiny hands for distracting him! The dancer nodded and took a deep breath, preparing for the worst. He played the simplified chords on his left hand first to get a feel for the piano, getting his fingers accustomed to playing the chords. Luckily, nothing went out of key, but Jimin still winced when his hand was a bit late on the next chord, throwing the rhythm slightly off. Suga didn’t seem to mind.

So far, so good…

Jimin repeated the beginning chords as he ventured his right hand to play the melody. The dancer struggled to make the notes sit right in the rhythm, but at least he got the notes right. Sure they’re very much out of place as Jimin had to guess the notes before he could play them, but at least they don’t sound like a dying animal-

He nervously played a flat note.

Jimin froze, his heart trembling and freezing his body. He sighed before trying again, positioning his hands from the top. He played the chords and kept the rhythm, but this time his notes weren’t right. He furrowed his eyebrows in frustration before starting over.

And over.

And over.

And over.

Each time, he always messed something up. Whether he spaced the rhythm wrong despite getting the notes right, playing garbage over a proper beat, or even getting the basic chords wrong. Jimin grunted after every failure, but kept trying anyway. He kept playing to the point where he didn’t even realize that there was a weight on his shoulder. He turned to find the serene expression once more with soft, gently parted lips.

“H-Hyung…?”

Jimin froze at the proximity of their faces. Suga had sat beside him while he practiced and fell asleep on his shoulder. Jimin his own lips to wipe away the nervousness, but his heart only got faster. Yoongi stirred, his eyes fluttering open as he looked up to the cute little dancer.

“You done practicing…?”

Suga froze at the proximity of their faces. His eyes widened as they landed on the younger member’s big, soft, and moist lips. He gulped, his gaze moving back to Jimin’s soft eyes as they looked down on him. They couldn’t tell, but their visions began to grow narrower, as they could only see each other in their sights. Their world grew dark as they felt a pull on their lips, dragging through this thick tension before-

“Ey, boss.”

They jumped away, looking to the door to find a…

A…

A pink man, grinning with his eyes rolled up into his head.

“Who let Taehyung watch Filthy Frank?!”

The pink man ran away as the rush of steps echoed in the hallway. Suga coughed through the awkwardness as he looked to Jimin’s pink hair. The pianist could swear that it was getting redder by the second. He shrugged, his limbs shaking as he quickly stood from the bench. Jimin turned to Suga’s back, a mix of emotions swirling within his chest.

“Keep practicing.”

The rapper left the room, leaving Jimin frozen with his fingers to his lips.