fin.

Sacrifice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sacrifice plays a part in all our of lives. Although, you may not notice it, but it indeed does happen. If you really want something, then you must be willing to sacrifice something to receive it. As humans, this type of method is not new to us and is actually quite familiar. One of the earliest records of sacrifice comes from the Aztecs as they would sacrifice animals or humans for many different things such as for their crops to grow perfectly, a healthy life or to even see the moon rise the next night. Now in the 21st century, we use sacrifice very differently from how it was used back then.

“Listen to me, Minho. Sacrifice is bigger than you may actually think!” Joohyun slammed her fist upon the table as her eyes became filled with anger. “Everything we do is based from it, even the most littlest things. Like that watch you bought the other day! How did you get it? You paid money for it. That’s sacrifice! You sacrificed the money you earned to buy that watch you really wanted.”

“Has anyone ever told you that you look so cute while you’re mad?” A small grin appeared upon Minho’s face as he rested his chin on the palm of his hand. Instead of listening to Joohyun, he was admiring her passion for the topic and how beautiful she was throughout it all.

“You’re not even paying attention to me.” Joohyun softly pushed his shoulder as she took a sip of her caramel macchiato right after.

“It’s not my fault you’re so mesmerizing! You should put the blame on yourself. Darn you, Joohyun.” Minho chuckled to himself as Joohyun playfully scoffed and looked outside the window. “Okay, fine. Why are you so interested in this whole topic?” He genuinely asked her. “Are you writing about this for your next paper?”

“I’m not going to lie, that’s true.” Joohyun admitted to having to write about sacrifice for her next literature paper. She still remained looking outside the window. “But while thinking about it, it reminded me of our relationship.”

“How?” Minho questioned her as his eyebrows furrowed.

“Well, sacrifice is the act of giving up something. If you really think about it, the both of us had to sacrifice many things to be with one another. To be studying in this university, I had to sacrifice leaving my family since this school is beyond their range. Although, once I came to this school, I was able to meet you and that’s one of the biggest highlight of my school life or my life in general. For you, it’s sort of similar too. You had to sacrifice almost everything to be with me since your parents disapproved our relationship so much.”

It may not be easy to tell, but Joohyun and Minho were very contrasting people as they both came from different backgrounds.

Joohyun came from a fairly poor household. Her parents were hard workers, but it wasn’t enough for society to notice them. They had lived in a small town where growing and selling vegetables were the main source of income, but Joohyun did not wish to follow the path of her parents. She knew for sure that writing was her passion, so she began to strive for it. Doing so, she was capable of earning a full ride scholarship to her dream university.

Minho, on the other hand, grew up completely differently from her. His parents were drowning in money due to their company and Minho was the eldest child to take over the company once his parents retired. With that being said, he didn’t wish to do such a thing. Music was what he loved and wanted to pursue as a career. Therefore, he applied into the music department which infuriated his parents. Not only that, but his parents were also against his relationship with Joohyun as she was nothing but a stray dog to them. There was no money under her name, but that didn’t bother Minho just one bit.

 

< : >

 

“Excuse me?” An unfamiliar voice was heard as the person lightly tapped Minho on the shoulder. Minho dropped his pencil and slowly took off his earphones as he turned around and laid eyes upon a confused tiny girl who went by the name of Joohyun.

“I’m sorry for disrupting you, but you’re the only person I see around here.” Minho was sitting by himself at a dislocated bench that was located within the school’s campus. “I was wondering if you could show me where this class happens to be at?” Joohyun came closer to Minho as she set her schedule down in front of him.

“Oh? You’re in the completely wrong area.”

“Really!” Joohyun’s eyes widened as she screamed.

“Yeah, you’re actually in the music department. See, all these buildings around us holds the students who major in every type of music you could think of. By looking at your schedule, you major in literature, am I right?”

“Completely.”

“Then your classes will be over there on the other side.” Minho pointed at a particular direction. “You’re going to have to walk down that path I’m pointing at, turn on your second right, go down another path that goes past by the cafeteria, you’re then going to see five different buildings, but the building you’re looking for looks like the one with the newest paint job.”

They look directly at each other as there was a moment of silence. “What?” Joohyun puzzling said as she tried to grasp all of the information that was thrown at her.

“Did you go to the orientation that happened before school started? That would’ve helped a lot.”

“I couldn’t attend it because I had no transportation to even arrive there in the first place. Sorry for asking you once more, but can you please personally take me there? Today’s my first day and I have no idea where to go or what to do.”

In no time, Minho and Joohyun were on their way to Joohyun’s first lecture class. While walking, they began to chat and share their interests and noticed that they’re more compatible then they would have ever thought. Since then was when their bond began to blossom like a flower on a spring day.

 

< : >

 

“Be sure to call me when you arrive at your dormitory.” Minho said as he held tightly onto Joohyun’s hand, his cup of coffee in the other.

“Why is that?” She questioned him as she proceeded to wave her hand out, trying to call over a taxi to stop and pick her up.

“So, I can make sure you arrived safely.”

“You’re so dumb, Minho. As if I’m really going to die from a ten minute car ride.” They both locked eyes and smiled because they sure as hell knew that whenever Joohyun insulted him, it was out of pure love.

Within a minute, a taxi stopped right in front of them and Joohyun rushed herself to get inside. “Bye. Talk to you later.” A quick peck on the cheek was placed on Minho’s cheeks as Joohyun entered the taxi. As the taxi drove off, she waved goodbye to him.

Making sure everything was safe, Minho looked off at the car as it sped down the road. Right before he planned on departing, a loud crash was heard from afar and Minho felt his heart drop.

 

< : >

 

“Bae Joohyun, I am in love with you.” Minho stated as he played with Joohyuns hair while they were laying down besides each other on the bed.

“You don’t need to tell me that. I already know.” A small giggle was released from . Joohyun grasped her arms around Minho’s figure and stuffed her face into his chest. The only thing that was heard after that was the breaths of one another. Home was far away for Joohyun, but when she was with Minho, she felt at ease and as if she was laying down in her very own room. Minho was her home.

“I love your tiny little figure, the astonishing way you write and the passion you have for it, how you tell me every little thing about you and that cute dialect of yours.” Minho was going to continue on, but he was cut off by Joohyun.

“It’s like you want my face to be bursting red, huh?”

“One last thing, I love the way you love me.” He set a small kiss on Joohyun’s forehead.

Minho grunted while rolling his eyes as he checked the time on his phone. “I have class in fifteen minutes.”

“Minho?” Joohyun was still holding onto him very firmly.

“Hm?”

“Can we just stay like this? Together in each other’s embrace?”

“I guess I can skip class. Only under one circumstance.” Joohyun lifted her face up and looked at Minho. “I get a kiss from the lovely Miss. Bae.”

“You make it sound like you could never kiss me whenever you want.” She chuckled.

Joohyun removed her arms from Minho’s body and then wrapped them around his neck. For one moment, they deeply stared at one another with no words coming out of their mouth. A moment of silence that was still filled with a conversation that c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter