1/1

Expensive, Painful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan looked at the piece of paper in his shaky hands, reading and rereading the words on the paper over and over again. He looked up at his mother,  smiling slightly. "I won." He said simply, looking at her. "I'm going to Korea." 

His mother smiled, hugging him. "I'm so proud of you!" She said, starting to cry. 

"It’s hard to believe I won." Luhan said, pulling away to look at her. 

His mother nodded. "Come on, let's go. We need to pack your bags and go to the currency office." Luhan nodded, following his mother upstairs. They packed his bags, smiling and joking with each other.

The next day, they went to the currency office to transfer Luhan's money. Luhan went to go see his friends, telling them the good news. Afterwards, he went home, finishing his packing and getting ready to leave. He only had a few more days left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sehun sighed, looking out the window bored as some girl babbled on about the cake she made for him, which was sitting in front of him. He looked at the girl, boredom evident on his face, making her stop talking. "Thanks for the gesture, but I don’t like sweets." Sehun said, before standing up, walking away. Sehun went to his locker, grabbing his things and heading out the door. 

"Sehun!" He heard, turning around. Minseok ran up to him. "Did you hear? They announced the study abroad scholarship winner. The one that's gonna come to the school." 

"Oh? Who is it?" Sehun asked, curious. He wondered if his family would house the kid....probably not.

"I don't know, they aren’t releasing the name to us, just the basic facts. He’s a boy, he'said from China, and he is staying in one of the dorm buildings." Ah, so that's how they were doing it. Sehun nodded, still looking bored. He walked off, saying goodbye to Minseok and heading home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a teary-eyed goodbye, Luhan was on the plane, watching China slowly disappear. Luhan wiped his eyes, getting rid of any remaining tears as he looked out the window. He leant back in the seat, wondering if he should fall asleep or not. The flight would be short, but he would be tired when he got off....

He managed to fall asleep somehow anyway, waking up when the flight attendant shook him awake, telling him they landed. He thanked her, grabbing his bags, and going off the plane.

When he was done with customs, he headed out, seeing people with signs. He found the one with his name on it, going over to it. The man looked him over. "Xiao Luhan?" He asked.

Luhan nodded, "Yep, that’s me." He answered in perfect Korean. The man gave a single nod, before grabbing Luhan's bags, leading him to the car. Luhan got in, looking out the window excitedly. 

They got to the school fairly quickly,  where Luhan found a nice looking lady waiting for him. She smiled at him as he walked up. "Luhan? Welcome to the school, and to Korea. I'm the Headmistress, Lee Hyowoo. I'll be giving you a quick tour of your new school."

Luhan nodded. "Um, can I get that later? I'm really tired, early flight and all that." Hyowoo smiled softly, nodding. 

"Let me lead you to the dorm buildings. You’ll be staying in the Arisu building." She said, walking with him. "I hope you find your room comfortable." When they got to the building, she faced him. "You’ll be in room 239. Here is a map of the school, in case we don't get to do the tour."

Luhan nodded, smiling. "Thank you." He said, bowing quickly. He went into the building, getting on the elevator to find his room. 

"Oh, hold the elevator!" Someone said, making him stop the doors. A small boy ran in, a bit shorter than Luhan. He had wide brown eyes and a heart-shaped mouth. "Thank you." The boy said, bowing. "My name is Do Kyungsoo, room 238. Who are you?"

Luhan blinked for a minute, processing as he removed his hand from the door. "I'm Lu-"

"Oh! We'really going to the same floor! What room are you staying in?"

Luhan looked at him. "My name is Luhan, I'm in room 239." He was finally able to say.

"239?! That’s the scholarship kids dorm! And it's right across from mine! You must be the scholarship kid. Sorry, the never told us your name." Luhan nodded. 

"Yeah, I asked them to do that. Hey, do you think you could help me find the office and stuff? Tomorrow?"

"Sure!" He answered before the elevator doors opened. "See you tomorrow!" Kyungsoo said as they got to their dorms. Luhan nodded, smiling at him before he went into his dorm, looking around. 

"Tomorrow starts a new life." He mumbled, getting in his bed.

---------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter