Chapter 1

Between the lines
Please log in to read the full chapter

It has been three years of five consecutive days Yeonhee spent most of her time on that same seat, same routine, and almost same people she worked with. Two years ago, she wouldn’t even think being in her current position, working her for a trading company after she graduated right after from university.

 

“Good morning Jinki” she greeted, immediately covering her figure with the large scarf she had left on her usual spot. The guy hummed back in response, eyes glued to numbers on his laptop screen. Noticing the same outfit he wore yesterday and the obvious panda eyes, Yeonhee knew that Jinki had stayed in the office since yesterday. “I swear to God after I finish all of this, I will quit” Jinki muttered as he tried his best to stay awake. “You said that last year too, and look at you now” Yeonhee retorted.

Jinki worked as sales admin in the division, and this month is the month that he wished would pass in a blink of an eye. Oh boy he so wished.

“You came early today” Rin suddenly appeared with her usual shot of espresso in her right hand. Yeonhee shrugged as she started to open her laptop “I was stuck in traffic last week, and remember today we’ll have Mr.Araki in the meeting as well? Not gonna risk it”. “Aish, at this rate I really believe that I will get married at the age of 40. There’s really no time for us to breathe, Yeonhee! Its been years since I had my last date!” Rin exclaimed, followed by gulping down on her shot of espresso just in seconds. “At this rate I believe you don’t even stand that chance, noona. Stop drinking so much caffeine will you? You had 3 cups of that thing yesterday” Jinki said as he closed his laptop. “Oh and Yeonhee, I’m going to take a nap, can you wake me up in 3 hours?” Jinki asked. “Forget that, you need more than 3 hours of sleep a day to function properly. I’ll wake you up in 5 hours”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You did great, Yeonhee! Thanks for saving me on that last slide, I swear that old man was really going to kick me out this time if it wasn’t for you!” Rin sighed as the two ladies went out of the meeting room. “Yeah, I was so surprised of seeing a blank slide but since we worked

Please log in to read the full chapter