Final

Fervor

just a dumb drabble ://


Sometimes Jonghyun has good ideas.

What started out as a pain in the , and an installation that only elicited groans and complaints of “Why do we even need this?”, “We’re only gonna use it in the winter.” and “What a waste of money.” from the other members, was now a treasured part of their dorm (at least to Jonghyun and Taemin).

The two of them like the fireplace. It’s warm and inviting, and it’s really freaking romantic, and they pay no attention to the insults their members spout out about it, because they know it’s not a waste, and eventually they’ll figure out how to utilize it, even in the summer. They don’t worry about that for now, as it’s still cold out.

A few bags and metal rods falling to the carpet next to Taemin’s outstretched legs jolts his from his dazed rest.

“Jonnng..what’s all this?” Taemin groans, looking at the mess of what looks like food around him. He thinks Jonghyun’s up to no good again, but he’s not really shocked either.

“Wake up, we’re making s’mores.” Jonghyun says, sitting down and patting Taemin on the head.

“Hyunnng I was napping..” Taemin complains, rubbing his eyes as he groans.

“You barely nodded off.” Jonghyun responds and Taemin groans again. Taemin’s head pokes up after a minute. “Now come on, we gotta make the most of our time alone.”

“Where are the others?”

“Don’t know, don’t care, now come on, it’s bad enough I didn’t get you any flowers or a card.” Jonghyun pouts, linking his hand with Taemin’s.

“You know I don’t care about that stuff, Jong, all I want is you, be it Valentines Day or any day.” Taemin confesses, leaning close to peck Jonghyun’s parted lips. Jonghyun stares at Taemin for a moment before pulling him back in for a few more soft kisses, the maknae’s hair as he does so.

“I really love this fireplace,” Taemin breathes, pulling back. Jonghyun is already setting up their ingredients but Taemin taps his arm. “Be careful.”

“Don’t worry I wont set anything on fire,” Jonghyun warns, giving Taemin a gentle gaze. “Except you.” He finishes, receiving a nudge in the bicep.


“So, so sweet.” Jonghyun whispers in between their sticky lips. Taemin hums and pulls Jonghyun’s mouth back against his and they both whine when their tongues meet one another’s. They part again, giggling when they taste the chocolate.

“This was- hmm, definitely a good idea.” Taemin stutters between sweet kisses, touching a hand to Jonghyun’s cheek, coaxing him to stop- or at least slow down.

“Mmm what, you don’t like?” Jonghyun jokes when he pulls back. his hair is a little frazzled and his lips have a few sparse spots of chocolate on them; and although Taemin should find this y, he finds himself snorting at the sight.

“No, I do like, I just- can we get back to actually eating?”

“But I was eating..” Jonghyun whispers, biting his lower lip and leaning closer to Taemin, but instead of kissing him again he reaches for another pair of crackers, followed by a square of chocolate and a puffy white marshmallow. Taemin flushes scarlet at the older’s flirtatious words but opts to reach for his own ingredients.

Before Jonghyun wraps his non-sticky hand around Taemin’s shoulder and pulls him close, he sticks his marshmallow on his metal rod and leans it in close to the fireplace they sit before.

“Jong..let’s do this more often.” Taemin says, leaning closer to Jonghyun, watching the fire crackle in front of them.