Prologue

My Mysterious Neighbour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kyungsoo groaned, hearing his phone alarm go off. He sat up, grabbing his phone to turn it off. He got up, holding his hot water bottle, wrapping up in his coat. He made himself something to eat, before opening his window, looking into the window across the street. He smiled to himself, seeing the apartment owner's dog. "Hi, Curly." He said quietly, knowing the white poodle couldn't hear him. Kyungsoo glanced up, seeing the dog's owner come into the room, petting Curly. He smiled, watching the tall man make his food and get ready for work. Kyungsoo sighed, watching him leave. "Have a good day at work." He said before he went to his desk, answering his phone. "Yes, sunbae?" He asked, seeing it was his senior from work.

"I'm sending you the next chapter, please have it edited by Friday."

"Yes, Sunbae. I'll work on it right away. Oh, sunbae," Kyungsoo started before he heard the dial tone. "What about my paycheck?" He asked quietly, looking at his phone. He sighed, going to his door. He opened it just wide enough to get his arm through, reaching for his milk. He smiled as he brought it in, looking at the post-it note attached. He took the post-it note off, looking at the drawing. 

"Hope you have a great day!" It said, with a drawing of a man standing at a park bench, looking off to the side with a smile on his face. He stuck the post-it note on the wall with the rest of them, flipping through them real quick, before he went to his desk,  grabbing the chapter to one of the stories he was supposed to edit. He sighed, grabbing his red pen and getting to work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol sat in the office, looking at the woman in front of him, slightly scared. She was yelling at him, telling him his idea was plagiarism.

"You can't use this storyline! It's the exact same storyline as 'Princess Lola the Vampire Hunter!'" She yelled, waving his idea in his face.

"'Princess Lola Vampire Hunter?'" Baekhyun, his partner asked, looking at her. "Who created that story?"

"The famous webtoon artist, Kai! You don't know him?!" She sat down at her desk, typing something into her computer quickly. "He's one of the youngest webtoon artists in the world! He created his first webtoon when he was five years old!" She said, looking at them incredulously. "How can you not know him?!"

"We have been really busy, working on this storyline," Baekhyun explained. "We haven't gone out much." The woman nodded.

"Well, we can't accept this storyline, it is too close to Kai's story. Bring me something else, or I will end your contract!" She threatened.

"Come up with a new -"

"What about a story of a boy who never leaves his house, only to be brought out by his next door neighbour? How does that plot sound?" The woman looked at Chanyeol, who hadn't spoken a word yet.

"What genre? Supernatural? Vampire? That's been done to death."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter