One

Subsist

 The sun's shining. The heat is totally unquestionable. But still, it does not stop a bunch of teenagers riding their skateboards at the Lakeland Skate Park. One skateboarder did a darkslide on the rails. That is Elena Dorian, a professional skateboarder. She succeeded on her first attempt, for the day, at least.

 She stops right beside her best friend, Syahira. "How's that?"

 Syahira smirks, and did the same trick, but she flipped the board twice. She lands beside Elena and said,"You were saying?" Elena softly punch her, and they walk away with their skateboards together.

 "So, Elena, you're done for the day?" Syahira asked. "I guess I've trained enough." Elena said, before cracking into laughter again. As they were reaching for the vending machine, a man with cap on called on them. "What a nice trick you did back there." He suddenly talks to them. "Thanks, but who's talking?" Elena grown suspicious on the stranger.

 The man raises up his head, revealing his face."I guess the society call me a Chinese, but for you, an enemy." Elena gripped her hands together but her friend stopped her. "You didn't answer her question properly." "But she knows who I am know, do you Elena?"

 Syahira's ready to ask another question, before realising the man's identity. Elena steps in front of her, "You're a Templar!" The man clapped slowly, and said "Templars." He points around the field, revealing more enemies. Some are disguised as a tourist, and others just sitting on the roof with their snipers.

Man: So, I see only two ways we can end this; first, you came with me and second, I'll make you come with me.

Elena: Why do you think that we can't just escape?

Man: Typical of you, Assassin.

 The man takes his gun out, pointing it to Elena's face. "Woa, we can talk this out." Syahira steps front. The man's eye moved to her, giving Elena a chance to strike out ofr the gun. But the man pulls his hand back, before Elena can take his gun.

 Mad, the man pulls Elena by the shirt and points the gun at her head. "Looks like we have an amateur here." Realising that there are no way out, Elena tries to apologise. "I'm so sorry, sir. Me and my friend will come with you." "You finally know your place." The man pushes Elena away. "But I said I will make YOU come with me." He then shoots Syahira at the chest.

 "Your fault." The man keeps his gun in his pocket as the visitors run for their life. The disguising enemies approach Elena with their guns pointed at her. Elena drops to her knees, "Who are you, really?" The man smiles to her, "Kim Hong, Doctor Kim Hong." As the other guards close in, Elena grabs Dr. Kim's leg, "I'll make sure your death will be so painful, you'll forget your name." 

 Dr. Kim bend down, "Until then, remember my name."

---

 Few hours later, Elena and Dr. Kim are on a plane. Dr. Kim, sitting next to Elena, leans closer to her. "Enjoy this while you can, it's the most 'fun' you'll have for... ever?" He chuckled.

 Annoyed, but curiously, Elena asks him,"Can't you at least tell me where we're heading?" Dr. Kim gave her a look,"You don't remember your own home anymore?"

 Elena looks outside the window, to see her hometown, Seoul.

---

 Their limousine turns at the corner. They have arrived at the Abstergo building, South Korean quarters. Dr. Kim taps Elena on her shoulder, "This is your new home, kid."

 The vehicle parks in front of the building, not inside. Dr. Kim picks up his suitcase and walks into the building. Elena just sits in the car, confused. Then, a troop of armoured soldiers move towards the car. All of their weapons are pointed at Elena. She raises her hands up and leaves the vehicle slowly.

"What is this?"

 No response from the troop. As Elena turns away, facing the building, she saw assassins on the rooftop. They're here, she mumbles to herself. They did the leap of faith, leaping from a high place to the ground, without any parachutes.

 However cool they look, it still does not guarantee their success. The troopers started shooting the assassins. Most of them were shot and fell. The surviving ones, speed to Elena. They flip from the second floor down, landing on their bare legs. The troopers divide themselves into two, one attacking the assassins and the others stayed with Elena.

 "I guess it's my move now." Elena grabs the gun from a trooper, and starts shooting at them. She slaughtered one guy with a knife, using his body as a human shield. As the troopers are reloading their guns, she shoots at them.

 But the other assassins, did not survived the attack. All of them were killed. The leader of the troop confiscated the gun from Elena and smacks her head. She out.

 Elena opens her eyes. The smacking made her head to spin around. She looks around and see Dr. Kim with an assistant, discussing their paperworks.

"What, where am I?" "This, is the Animus 2.1" Elena looks down, her limbs are locked to a machine. Dr. Kim puts his files down and sits beside Elena. "I was worried that you died. This machine doesn't work on dead people."

 Smiling, Elena spits on his face. "It'll take more than some hitting to kill me." "Well I don't want to waste more time, lets just hit this machine okay?" Dr. Kim press a few buttons, and the Animus starts making strange sounds.

Elena: Wait, I don't even know how to use this thing!

Dr. Kim: You are about to relive the memory of your ancestor. Simple as that.

Elena: You mean, Arno Dorian?

 Dr. Kim keeps silent but keeping his smile on his face. He unlocks the red button, ready to press it. "Someone before him, an Arab guy." He presses the button right after.

---

 Inside the Animus, Elena can hear a narration in the background. She tried to ignore it but the volume keeps on rising.

13th century Persia, a time of instability between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Mongolians. You will be reliving the memory of a young assassin living in the Alamut Castle. His name is Uqab al-Khayr, son to a Persian mother and Arab father. Born in 1231, the youngest assassin of Alamut to be sent on a special mission, to catch Crusaders and send them to Genghis Khan as tributes.

 His horse galloped through the desert. In front, three English Crusaders were trying to outrun him. Uqab al-Khayr unleashed his sword, pointed at the Crusaders. The other assassins cut his horse to reach the Crusaders first. Uqab saw an abandoned cart at the side. He also saw an opportunity to use it as a jumping platform.

 Uqab went out of the track. He speed even more for more boost power. His horse jumped using the platform, but the effect was too powerful. Uqab was thrown into the air after failing the jump. His horse fell head first, instantly killing it.

 Uqab on the other hand, landed on his shoulders. But he fainted because of the impact.