Little Kitten

Little Kitten

 

“Come here kitty kitty kitty, come here girl, I won't hurt you.” Hansung was looking up at a tree, arms stretched out. The cat just meowed in returned, not moving from its spot in the tree.

 

Hansung then jumped over and over again until he managed to get a hold of a branch that was strong enough to support his weight, and begin climbing up, to get to the cat.

 

Yeo Wool had been observing him for awhile and thinking to himself that what he was seeing wouldn't end well.

 

Dan Se approached Yeo Wool asking him if he had seen his brother, he had been looking for him all over Hwarang and had yet to find him.

 

Yeo Wool pointed.

 

Dan Se wasn't surprised when he saw his younger brother, he would often clean up trees when they were younger, and it often ended with him hurt in some kind of way, and Dan Se would get beaten for not protecting Hansung.

 

Yeo Wool and Dan Se both went over to the tree.

 

“Hansung, come down from there,” said Dan Se.

 

Hansung had climbed up quite the distance, higher than he would have when they were kids.

 

“Hansung!” Dan Se called, but Hansung ignored him.

 

He seemed determined to rescue the cat, and was not paying any attention to where he grabbed or stepped, a branch beneath his foot snapped and both Dan Se and Yeo Wool reacted, like they were readying themselves to catch him.

 

He had managed to catch himself though, quickly taking hold of a branch, and Dan Se and Yeo Wool breathed a sigh of relief.

 

Hansung eased his way onto a smaller branch, the one in which the cat had gotten itself onto and seemed afraid to get down.

 

They were both holding their breath as he did, it didn't look like it would support his weight, but it did, he managed to get ahold of the cat, putting it inside his clothes then began his way down, he was being careful not to stand on a weak branch but just like his trip up the tree he still met a weak one.

 

It snapped causing the cat to get startled and clinch onto him, it's nails going into his neck and chest, that caused him to cry out and the cat to freak and jump from his hanbok.

 

Dan Se reached out and caught the cat.

 

“Ha~, nice catch,” Yeo Wool said with a clap.

 

Hansung smiled feeling happy and relieved that the little cat was safe and sound.

 

“Now little kitten, don't you think you should come down as well,” Yeo Wool said to Hansung.

 

“Oh right,” Hansung replied. Just as he took a step, both the branch under his feet and the one he held onto gave way under his weight and he went falling.

 

Luckily Hansung wasn't that far up, because if he were, him and Yeo Wool would have been hurt badly by the fall, seeing how Yeo Wool had caught him with not only his body, but his lips as well.

 

Dan Se’s eyes went wide as soon as he saw the position they were in, Hansung was laying on top of Yeo Wool, almost straddling him, it looked too intimate for Dan Se’s eyes, and he turned away.

 

Soo ho and Ban Ryu had also caught sight of the scene, Soo ho had his mouth open and Ban Ryu's eye's Mirrored  Dan Se’s, so was some of the other Hwarang’s that were looking over at the scene.

 

Maybe Hansung was shocked as well, because he hadn't moved from the position he was in, when he did, he slowly pulled back then quickly jumped up, touching his fingers to his lips then completely covering his mouth with his hand.

 

Ah-Ro also happened to be passing by and spotted Yeo Wool lying unconscious on the ground with the rest of them looking over him, some of which were still trying to figure out what it was that had led to the current scene.

 

“What happened?” She asked as she hurried over to them. She dropped to her knees and checked his pulse, breathing a sigh of relief. “Well he's not dead,” she commented. “Is someone going to tell me?”

 

Soo ho looked around at everyone taking a second look at Hansung then said, “I don't know exactly, but I think it has something to do with Hansung's lips.”

 

It wasn't until the next day, that Yeo Wool regained consciousness, he was rubbing at the back of his head when Hansung nervously entered the room.

 

“…Um Ah-Ro thought that you might have a headache and said that I should give you this for it.” he said holding a small tray with a cup of tea that had flowers floating in it.

 

“Why does my head and back hurt so bad?” Yeo Wool asked and Hansung grinned then smiled as relief fell over him.

 

“You don't remember?” Hansung asked for reassurance.

 

Yeo Wool looked in thought then said, “Nothing, nothing at all.”

 

Hansung smiled then told him a fake story about him falling down on his way to training.

 

Yeo Wool frowned, “but I'm not clumsy.”

 

“The floor was wet… and slippery.” Hansung replied. He smiled and patted Yeo Wool on the head as he stood, “Get well soon.” he said then skipped off happily, once he was outside of the room, he thought about what had actually happened still feeling happy, but paused for a second, touching his fingers to his lips as his facial expression changed then shook it off and continued on.

 

It was around lunchtime when Yeo Wool finally ventured out of bed to get something to eat, his headache had went down some, but his back was still hurting, as he made his way to the dining hall everyone he passed stared and whispered things about him, he ignored it though, not thinking much about it.

 

Once he sat down with his food and began eating, he noticed the stares he was getting, He looked around the room then sighed leaning on one arm as he spoke. “I know my beauty is immense, but I've never had this many men staring at me at once.”

 

“Their just surprised that you're up already, that fall was really hard,” said Hansung. He was of course sitting with them again since he was pretty much an adopted member of their crew now.

 

Later that afternoon Yeo Wool was still getting stares, he was really starting to think that he was missing out on something.

 

He saw Dan Se and approached him, “Can I ask you, why are there more eyes on me than usual?”

 

“They all think you and my brother…” he paused, the expression on his face showing that he didn't want to finish the sentence. “Kissed.”

 

“Kissed why would they think that?”

 

Dan Se didn't answer that one, he just hunched his shoulders then turned and walked off, leaving Yeo Wool more confused than he was before.

 

Yeo Wool walked around in thought until he came up on the tree that Hansung had gotten up in that day, he looked at it like it was familiar. Yes he had seen the tree many times before, but looking at it now for some reason it was like he was trying to jog a memory.

 

He looked up at the tree trying to figure out why he was so drawn to it right now, then noticed that there was a cat looking down at him from it. He started to remember something, massaging at his temples as he stepped up closer to the tree, the cat that was up it jump down towards him and it all flashed back to him.

 

Hansung had pursued a cat up the tree, and in the end he had fell down on top of him, he rubbed at his lower back, “That explains the pain here,” he said to himself, then touched his fingers to his lips, “Kiss?” He thought about it again, it was almost like slow motion, Hansung falling into his arms and their lips connecting before either of them even hit the ground.

 

“Kiss hun, I'll show him what a kiss is.”

 

He had went in pursuit of Hansung and found him lying on a bench somewhere sleeping.

 

He leaned over him then moved some of Hansung's hair from out of his face, “How can someone look so innocent while sleeping and awake.” He then pinched Hansung's cheek, pulling at it as he spoke. “This is not the place for you to be lying here asleep.”

 

Hansung slowly opened his eyes, seeing Yeo Wool's face really close to his, he startled sitting up really quickly. bumping heads with Yeo Wool.

 

“Ouch! I just recovered from a headache.” Said Yeo Wool.

 

Hansung put his hand to Yeo Wool’s forehead, saying he was sorry, “Are you okay?” he asked and Yeo Wool smiled.

 

Hansung noticed that Yeo Wool's lips were redder than usual, “pretty.” his heart started pounding, and he hopped up from the seat and backed away from him.

 

“What?” Yeo Wool questioned.

 

“Nothing, nothing,” said Hansung, “I'm just not feeling well,” he said as he hurried away.

 

Hansung entered the infirmary rubbing at his chest, “I think I'm sick,” he said to Ah-Ro.

 

She sighed when he said that, thinking that he was just making up another excuse to slack off and do nothing. She immediately went and pulled out acupuncture needles holding two up in her hands, she was expecting him to change his mind and leave when she did, but instead he just sat there waiting for her to do something.

 

“Wait are you serious, are you really not feeling well?” she asked him as she put down the needles.

 

He nodded in response.

 

She checked his pulse then asked him what exactly he was feeling.

 

At first he told her that it felt like his heart would randomly start beating too fast, then he said that he sometimes felt as if his body would become hot, and that he couldn't eat or sleep at night, “…do you think it's possible to be allergic to a person?” he asked abruptly.

 

“Why, does this occur when you're only around someone?” She asked.

 

“Yeah, I think so, what does it mean?” he asked.

 

“Those symptoms, they sound like a rare condition,”

 

His face looked concerned when she said that.

 

"The symptoms can worsen over time if not addressed.” She told him.

 

“Worsen, can I die from it?”

 

She nodded, “I have heard of people dying.”

 

He put his hands to his chest. “I'm too young to die.”

 

“Don't worry, there's a cure that may work, but it's something that only you can do, I can't help you with it."

 

“What is it? I'll do it, I'll do anything,” he said anxiously.

 

“Confess,” she answered.

 

“Confess?” he questioned.

 

“Yes what you explained, I'd say that, it sounds like love.”

 

He let out a relieved sigh, then spoke, “Wait…love?”

 

“Yeah, you're definitely in love with someone, so you have to confess your feelings, the pain that you're feeling is them eating you up inside.”

 

“But I'm not in love with anyone,” said Hansung.

 

“Are you sure about that, you said that you only experience those feelings when you are around someone right?”

 

“Yeah, but I can't be, with…” he shook his head. “No I can't be.” he got up from where he sat and left.

 

“Love?”