Chapter 3

Seven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was night, and you were going back home after a long and tiring day of lectures. The boys didn't have any schedules so you weren't also needed at the company.

After the small talk you had with Namjoon, you tried to confront your sunbae about the project issue, but you couldn't seem to get hold of him. You even had a group meeting scheduled for the evening to prepare for it and he didn't show up. You tried calling him numerous times but in vain, which resulted in you staying after classes to try and get some progress on your assignment.

 Later on, you received a message from him, saying that he was sick and couldn't attend classes.

Of course. 

You sighed. The project was due in three days. At this pace, it seemed like you were going to do all nighters to finish it probably all by yourself.

  You shivered as you tightened your scarf around your neck .You were heading toward the subway station and Seoul's streets were particularly quiet, probably because of the cold.

"If i get sick, I swear that i'll make you pay sunbae" you said while gritting your teeths.

As you were you passing by a newly opened bar near your college. A sudden fit of laughter coming from there stopped you in your track.

You knew that laugh. 

Your supposedly sick project partner was there, drinking his out while laughing with a bunch of his friends. You couldn't believe your eyes. You have been struggling to find time to work on your assignment and he had the guts to repremand you while he was out drinking.

What kind of world were you living in ?

"The bastard" you mumbled clenching your fists until your knuckles turned white and stormed in. 

"Jung-sunbae!" You screamed making him spit his drink in the process and receive a few groans from his friends for the mess he created. 

"___ ?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows while watching you walk toward him. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing " you spat back hovering over his sitting form, hands on your hips."Weren't you sick ?"

"Ah...yes" he feigned a cough. 

You couldn't believe your eyes. After all the scolding you received from him, the least he could do was acting better than that.

"___ ? " You heard another voice calling from beside you temporarely distracting you." We've met before right? What brings you here? " You recognized him as one of your sunbae's friend. You remember crossing his path one day in your college hallways. You slighly bowed to him but didn't bother answering his questions too busy shooting daggers at the cause of your anger.

"Yah yah yah, our group has an A+ in the bag" your sunbae said to his friends trying to change the subject  "___ here is the top of our class"

"Cut the bullcrap sunbae!" At this point, your blood was boiling. "You were lecturing me for not working on the project while you are here drinking ?" You scoffed outraged by his act. 

"___ is right sunbae, you should do your part too" the man beside you, your sunbae's friend, nonchalantly said while putting his arm around your shoulders startling you with his boldness."Come on give ___ a drink as an apology" 

"No" you firmly said. You were definitly not in the mood to drink, especially with the people in front of you. 

"Come on, be considerate and just have on drink" he insisted, making you sit at a vaccant place next to his. 

You watched as your partner took a bottle of soju, and poured out some into a glass. "If you drink all of this, I will seriously work hard. We will get an A+ next time. Here" 

You reluctantly looked at the glass. You knew that he was only bluffing but a part of you still believed his words. You impulsively took it and gulped it down earning a few gasps.

"It's only a drink"  you thought while looking at them sheering for you. 

Oh, you were dead wrong. 

                                                    ________

You were trashed. 

It has definitly been a bad idea to drink. Looking around you, you notice that almost everyone sitting on your table were not any better. Fortunaly, you had managed to text your father when you were still a little bit sober, informing him that you were going to be late. 

At this point you weren't even sure how you'd get home without passing out on the street. 

"I'll try my luck" you thought while getting up. 

"Sunbae" you said grabbing the attention of the concerned. "Please send me your research before the deadline yeah ?" You slurred, hands clasped. 

"Alright, alright" he answered not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter