e n d

#0214

 

"Are you sure you're staying, Jieqiong?"

 

It's Valentine's Day and most of the girls are preparing to leave the dorm, most of them are going out. A romantic date, a friendly date, a group date, you name it, but the least girl that everyone expected to not have a date is now sitting on the couch lazily, busying herself with romantic and sappy movies.

 

"Yeah." Jieqiong doesn't take her eyes off the screen. "Have fun, you guys!"

 

"Don't you have a date or something?" Yebin asks with her eyebrows furrowed. She remembered seeing a lot of people asking Jieqiong out and here she is, not even moving an inch on a Valentine's Day.

 

"Nope, I have no time for that." Jieqiong smiles a little, a sad smile, was it? But her eyes remain focused on the screen.

 

Meanwhile, a girl sitting in the dining area is witnessing all of this with her own eyes and ears. She hasn't even touched her cereal in front of her.

 

"Nothing will happen if you keep staring at her like that, Nayoung unnie." Siyeon, who thought of Nayoung immediately after hearing Jieqiong's words, suddenly stands near the older girl with her arms crossed, smirking.

 

Nayoung stares at Jieqiong from afar for a while more before turning her attention to Siyeon, who has just eaten from her bowl of cereal.

 

"Shut up." Nayoung doesn't deny anything, though. Apparently, the two of them had already talked about Nayoung's feelings for Jieqiong before. Siyeon may be the only one that Nayoung had talked to, but the girls kinda know about it, too.

 

"I thought you were gonna ask her out?" Siyeon eats another spoonful of cereal, as if it's her own, but Nayoung doesn't mind. Not when there are a lot more things she has to worry about. "We've talked about this, unnie."

 

"You heard her, Siyeon." Nayoung lets out a sigh, her eyes automatically look at Jieqiong again. "She doesn't have time for that."

 

The younger girl chuckles, making Nayoung look at her again. 

 

"You are Im Nayoung." Siyeon says, putting an emphasis on every word. "I'm sure she's gonna have time for you."

 

-

 

The only girls left in the dorm right now are Nayoung and Jieqiong. Jieqiong is on her 3rd movie right now, and she doesn't seem like she's going to stop anytime soon. Meanwhile, Nayoung is in her room, still deciding whether she'll go for it or not.

 

She has always liked Jieqiong. She's had these feelings for her for years now and every time she attempts to confess, things just have to happen. Just like that one time wherein she was driving her home, alone, and just when she thought that she could finally let it all out, Jieqiong had already fallen asleep. And it left her a sighing mess the entire night.

 

Nayoung, being honest with herself, doesn't really know what would happen after she tells her. She doesn't expect anything, doesn't expect that Jieqiong will return her feelings because 1) she's just a friend, 2) she's just Im Nayoung, and 3) she's just a friend. Nothing more than that.

 

And most of the time, she thinks that she doesn't have to confess, really, since nothing will ever happen between them... right? Unless those moments of Jieqiong clinging to her, staying by her side most of the time, and a lot of the jealous Jieqiong moments that her friends always point out, then maybe there's hope, maybe Jieqiong can return her feelings, or maybe -

 

Today's maybe the day, Nayoung thinks. She only has to try it to find out.

 

-

 

Nayoung hears the sound of the door opening and she doesn't have to sit up to check who it is. Of course, it's Jieqiong. They're the only ones left in the dorm, anyway.

 

She then hears Jieqiong slump her body on her bed.

 

"Jieqiong?" Nayoung calls out softly. She assumes that the younger girl is feeling bored right now. 

 

"Hm?"

 

"Do you... want to go somewhere?" Nayoung asks slowly, carefully choosing the right words. "I know a great place."

 

Silence. Nayoung hears nothing from the older girl. She then sits up, their eyes meet as soon as she checks up on Jieqiong, who looked lost for a moment.

 

"Let's go?"

 

Jieqiong blinks, finally realizing that Nayoung really had said that. And soon, she nods and starts to smile. She couldn't say no, though. Not when Nayoung is looking at her like that, looking at her as if it is that important.

 

"Your treat, unnie?" Jieqiong teases, making Nayoung sigh in return. A sigh of relief, actually. She really thought that Jieqiong would not go out with her. (You didn't actually ask her out, Nayoung.)

 

"Alright, my treat." Nayoung smiles and Jieqiong smiles back, but this time it's that smile, making Nayoung's heart skip a beat.

 

-

 

Nayoung brings Jieqiong to a small coffee shop, located in a place that Jieqiong wasn't really familiar with. It's a great place, the ambiance is good, and it's not that crowded even if it's Valentine's Day.

 

"What would you like?" Nayoung asks Jieqiong the moment the waitress arrives at their table, even though she already knows what the younger girl would order.

 

"Seriously, unnie?" Jieqiong laughs, the sound of it making Nayoung's heart feel things again. "You know what I like."

 

"Right," Nayoung smiles, shaking her head. "Of course, I know."

 

And before Nayoung can even say their order, the waiter hands out a brochure.

 

"A Valentine's promo for couples!" The waitress smiles sweetly. "One slice of cake of your choice will be for free for you to share."

 

The two girls then stare at the brochure for a while, an awkward atmosphere enveloping them. Since when did they look like a couple?

 

"Um..." Jieqiong smiles sheepishly. "I'm sorry, but we're n-"

 

"Thank you," Nayoung interrupts with a sweet smile, suddenly holding Jieqiong's hand, taking the younger girl by surprise. "We'd like that. How 'bout a strawberry cheesecake, love?"

 

It takes a few seconds for Jieqiong to process what is happening, until Nayoung squeezes her hand, smiles at her as if she actually loves her.

 

For a moment, Jieqiong thought that it was real.

 

And oh, how that term of endearment sounded so right to Jieqiong's ears is making her crazy.

 

"S-sure thing, love." Jieqiong starts to act, too. And it's just then when she realizes how that sounded so cheesy yet... so right. Oh, God.

 

-

 

The two girls broke into laughter after the waitress walked back to the counter. Surprisingly, the awkward atmosphere toned down a bit.

 

"You're a terrible actress, Jieqiong." Nayoung laughs and Jieqiong glares at her in return.

 

"I'm not that bad, unnie!" 

 

Nayoung stares at her face for a few seconds, her eyes, then her nose, and then her lips... then back at Jieqiong's eyes again. "Yeah... you're not that bad."

 

What was that? The way Nayoung looked at her and the way she said it... Jieqiong can only wonder if all of that is still part of the act or not.

 

-

 

"It's for free, Jieqiong," Nayoung says after the waitress gave them their slice of cake. "I can't believe that you almost declined free food."

 

Jieqiong rolls her eyes jokingly. "I was taken aback, okay?"

 

"Okay." Nayoung chuckles, then she gets the fork, getting a small piece of cake to feed Jieqiong. "Say ah~" She says cutely.

 

Jieqiong had no choice but to open .

 

"What are you, a 5-year old?" Nayoung laughs, seeing the corners of Jieqiong's mouth with icing after she fed her. Call her cliché, but Nayoung gets a tissue and reaches out to wipe it, making Jieqiong blush with such an act.

 

"It's because you didn't do it properly, Nayoungie." Jieqiong teases, trying to hide the fact that she was blushing.

 

"What, why? How do you do it then?" Nayoung asks with her eyebrows scrunched cutely, looking really confused. She doesn't realize it, but were they flirting just now?

 

"It's like this, unnie." Jieqiong gets the fork from Nayoung and feeds her, doing it so carefully so that it will not be messy. And it turns out just right, making Jieqiong smile proudly. "See?"

 

Nayoung smiles back. "How can you be so good at this?"

 

-

 

Nayoung then brings Jieqiong to a nearby beach. And now, they are strolling through the shore, walking side by side, talking about anything under the sun, both figuratively and literally. Jieqiong is doing most of the talking while Nayoung is just listening. 

 

"So, what made you go out, unnie?" Jieqiong asks. "Well, you've always preferred staying at home."

 

"I got bored." Nayoung lies. Jieqiong looks at her in disbelief again.

 

"You got bored?" She repeats amusingly, as if it doesn't really happen, a smile making its way on her face. "Since when did you not get bored?"

 

"Well, I got bored." Nayoung shrugs again.

 

Jieqiong looks at her for a while, and then she returns her gaze to the sea. "Me too."

 

With that, Nayoung shifts her eyes from the ground to the girl beside her. Jieqiong's eyes are still on the sea, focusing on the waves instead, without even realizing that Nayoung's looking at her.

 

A few seconds have passed, and by now, we can say that Nayoung is staring at her, but Jieqiong still hasn't noticed. And by the looks of the younger girl's eyes, Nayoung wonders what is going on in her mind right now.

 

Is it something sad? Well, those eyes totally give it away... But if it's not something sad, then what?

 

Jieqiong looks like her mind is thinking about something so deep. And Nayoung wonders if she is in it, too.

 

-

 

"Unnie?"

 

Nayoung and Jieqiong are now both sitting by the beach, admiring the view of the sunset.

 

"Hm?" Nayoung turns her attention to the younger girl beside her.

 

"Since it's Valentine's today, was this... a date?" Jieqiong asks, so slowly and carefully for she herself is not even sure of what she is saying. Nayoung doesn't answer right ahead, but stares at the sunset instead, still deciding if she'll tell Jieqiong right then and there...

 

A few moments and Jieqiong's eyes are still on her, waiting for her response. And when she feels like Jieqiong will not stop waiting-

 

Today's maybe the day, Nayoung thinks once again. And so she goes on.

 

"Whatever you want it to be." Nayoung looks at her, their eyes meeting in an instant. She said it with a smile, she doesn't know why she's smiling all of a sudden, but -

 

A smile then creeps on Jieqiong's face.

 

"Okay," The Chinese girl giggles. "It's a date, then." She leans forward to place a kiss on Nayoung's cheek, stands up, and walks away, leaving the older girl blushing and dumbfounded.

 

Jieqiong looks over her shoulder, says something to catch the frozen girl's attention. "Hey, aren't you gonna drive your date home?"

 

And it worked, it caught Nayoung's attention, making her roll her eyes jokingly in return.

 

Nayoung then walks towards the chuckling Jieqiong, and grabs her hand, their fingers intertwining together in an instant.

 

And that sudden act just made both of them blush like mad right now. So much for a first date.

 

-

 

It's almost dinner time when Nayoung decided to bring Jieqiong to a Chinese restaurant. And now, they are both sitting opposite of each other, waiting for their food to come.

 

"You're so nice to me today, unnie." Jieqiong grins, teasing the older girl, but then she got nothing in return. All Nayoung does is stare at her face for the last few minutes. "I wonder if you're actually this nice to your dates."

 

Jieqiong confirmed that she wasn't paying attention when she said those words again, but got nothing from Nayoung in return, except her stare.

 

"Unnie?" She waves her hand in front of Nayoung, and soon, she catches her attention.

 

"Huh?" Nayoung blinks, totally unaware of Jieqiong's words a while ago, making the younger girl laugh in an instant. "What?"

 

"I was talking to you, unnie." Jieqiong giggles. "But all you did was stare at my face."

 

"I was?"

 

Jieqiong nods.

 

"I can't help it." Nayoung says smoothly, making Jieqiong blush for the nth time for today.

 

Four words. It's just four words from Im Nayoung and Jieqiong feels like her heart is going to explode any minute now.

 

-

 

The day is ending, which means that Nayoung and Jieqiong's spontaneous date is coming to an end really soon. Nayoung had brought her to different places, especially those that are not familiar with Jieqiong. And now, a few hours before the Valentine's day ends, Nayoung and Jieqiong are already on their way home.

 

No one admits that they don't want the day to end yet. Their date is that wonderful that one of them purposely slows down their pace when they were walking, so as to not to end their date quickly.

 

It is a perfect date on a perfect day, but then -

 

"Where's my kiss?" Jieqiong suddenly asks, as if it's an ordinary question.

 

"W-what?!" 

 

Out of all the questions Jieqiong would have in mind, she asks her that. Nayoung never expected Jieqiong to actually bring this up.

 

"People kiss on first dates, right?" Jieqiong says innocently, making Nayoung sigh in return.

 

"They don't always do that, Jieqiong." Nayoung says with a small smile.

 

Jieqiong stares at her quietly, looking like she's thinking really hard and soon, she speaks up. "But sometimes they do, right?"

 

She says that while staring not at Nayoung's eyes, but her lips. Nayoung can see it from her peripheral vision, but decides to just nod and try to ignore the butterflies in her stomach. She tries her best to ignore it, because if she doesn't, she won't be able to drive properly. And please stop staring at me, Jieqiong.

 

-

 

"We're here." Nayoung smiles, pulling over in front of their dorm. When she looks at Jieqiong, she sees the same expression she had a while ago. She looks like she's been thinking again and Nayoung wonders what is it this time.

 

"Unnie? One last question," Jieqiong says softly, looking like she's been waiting for the time to ask this thing that she's going to ask. "Are you sure that they d-"

 

Are you sure that they don't? Nayoung kinda knew what Jieqiong was going to ask by observing where the younger girl's eyes had been focused on earlier. And so, she cuts her off.

 

She cuts her off with a kiss, her lips pressed on Jieqiong's. Jieqiong's eyes widen at first, but soon she gives in, letting Nayoung kiss her the way Im Nayoung would.

 

"Sometimes they do." Nayoung says, smiles when they pull away.

 

Jieqiong nods, and a few seconds after, she kisses her back.

 

-

 

there you go! im so sorry that it's super duper late hahaha but i hope you liked it! comments are well-appreciated~ continue to love napink as much as nayoung loves to look at jieqiong's lips *screams*