Chapter 1. The beginning.

Falling leaves and Shattered hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was always alone. He never really understood why. He thought that maybe life was just a to him. After all, he was alone from day 1. No one understood him. They didn’t even try. But Jimin was fine with it. “At least I have my…family.” He used to think. But then one day, his father left, leaving behind him and his mom when he was just 10. He just disappeared from Jimin’s life without a word. No ‘Sorry’s nor ‘Goodbye’s. He thought he would come back. The poor young boy trusted his father. He waited every evening in the front porch of his house thinking that his dad would come home with his small but genuine smile for 4 long years. But he never came. Jimin never understood why. He was not even an adult and then his mother started becoming a mess. She began coming home late at night, smelling like she’d just ing drowned herself in alcohol. But Jimin didn’t mind. He could take care of her but then something came over her and started becoming distant from Jimin. As if she didn’t even care about the said boy. She started seeing younger guys and eventually ran away with one of them, leaving behind a 15 year old teenager to fend for himself. Of course he could move in with his relatives but they didn’t want him. They didn’t want a kid whose mother ran away with another man and whose dad just disappeared without a word. “Honestly speaking, who would?” Jimin used to think.
Jimin thought that one day his mother would realize what wrong she’d done and would come home to her son but she never did, just like his dad. Eventually he realized that he was left alone to fend for himself. He stopped living in the fantasy of his mom, his dad and him to be together, like a happy family again and just accepted reality. He took a lot part time jobs to pay for his food and other necessities. His school headmaster was nice enough to offer him scholarship since he was a bright kid. He promised himself that he would study hard and get a good paying job. But then reality struck him. “How am I gonna pay for the electricity bills?” “How am I gonna pay for the water?” The money he used to earn was barely enough for his food and clothes. So he thought of taking help from the very ‘nice’ headmaster.
As Jimin had thought the headmaster was ready to pay for his bills. He was also kind enough to tell Jimin that he could pay him back only after college, after he could have a stable job. Out of all the ty things in his life, Jimin thought that the only good thing in his life was the existence of his headmaster.

Spring passed away, summer came around, summer went away and finally it was autumn. The season of fall. He always found the dead season to be his favorite. He didn’t know the exact reason for why it was his favorite. He just found the season peaceful and calming. He finally graduated out of high school and started college with the scholarship he had earned through all of his hardships.

He started taking up about 4 part time jobs and balanced it with his college. It was no doubt very pressurizing but he dealt with it—no he had to deal with it. College was getting harder as every month passed by. Especially hard when he had no one to talk about all of his problems and bottled feelings from years, which was probably r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter