Of Ocean Fears and Tanned Tour Guides

Of Ocean Fears and Tanned Tour Guides
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is written for msinpinitu(kpumsy) in exchange for the awesome birthday fic she wrote for me. A special shoutout to cian1675 for looking through my rought draft :) 

*Cross-posted on AO3

 

 

Sunggyu tore his gaze away from the bow of the boat as the waves rocked the vessel. His grip on the back of the seat in front of him tightened. Sunggyu was really not a fan of the ocean. A round of laughter rang out and brought his attention to the group he was travelling with. Or rather, his best friend who had forced him to tag along on this trip to a freaking island because hyung, when else will we ever get the chance?

 

Dongwoo, feeling the glare directed at him, turned away from the group and smiled that one smile of his that always got him out of trouble with Sunggyu.

 

“Don’t smile at me Jang Dongwoo. I’m annoyed with you right now.” Sunggyu grumbled.

 

Dongwoo’s smile brightened at his tone and he scooted closer to his friend.

 

“Why hyung? What did I do?”

 

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at him. That little . Dongwoo guffawed at his expression.

 

“Hyung, there’s nothing to be afraid of. We’re in safe hands. The guide we hired won’t let anything happen to any of us. You won’t drown, Sunggyu hyung, don’t worry.” he pacified his friend, patting his back. Then, he smirked and scooted even closer to Sunggyu and said softly, “Besides, I see you checking out the tour guide. You’ve been watching him from the moment we came on board,”

 

Before he could catch himself, Sunggyu’s eyes went back to the bow of the boat, where the said tour guide was perched on the railings, his shirt ed revealing his tanned chest. Noticing where his friend’s eyes went, Dongwoo chuckled.

 

Without tearing his gaze away, Sunggyu nudged his friend roughly with his shoulder.

 

“Shut up!” he said as Dongwoo laughed harder.

 

Sunggyu didn’t know if it was Dongwoo’s laughter or the intensity of his gaze -he desperately hoped it was the former- the tour guide who was previously in an animated chat with one of the boat’s crewmembers, turned and looked into the cabin. When he saw that Sunggyu was looking at him, he smiled -brightly, in Sunggyu’s opinion. The way his eyes crinkled at the corner made Sunggyu’s insides melt- and nodded as a greeting.

 

Fighting a blush -he really hope the shade the cabin is in will hide the red of his cheeks- Sunggyu nodded back with a small smile and quickly look away to the horizon. He ignored Dongwoo’s amused chuckle by his side.

 

*

 

Sunggyu didn’t know when his gaze started to stray back to the bow of the boat, but there he was staring at the tour guide again. There was just something about the tour guide that piqued his interest. Perhaps it was his cheerful demeanor when he welcomed the group onboard. Or maybe it was his cheeky remark when he handed Sunggyu the lifejacket. It most definitely had something to do with his toned arms, tanned chest and bright smile. Sunggyu had noticed he was the only one the tour gui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter