Synchronized Sneezing

Synchronized Sneezing

The State of the Nation Address by the President is being delivered today. What does it cause? Ding-Ding! That's right! Heavy traffic, being stranded and weird romance.

It has been two hours of waiting for a damn bus heading to Daegu with an empty seat, but to no avail, Jimin still hasn't found one. He stared at his wrist watch longingly, 11:36 pm, it reads. If he only skipped a class or two, then he'd be snoring on his bed by this hour. He hugged his black backpack closer to his chest to get the most of the warmth he could get.

It was a tiring and disastrous day at the academy but life continues to give him no rest by placing him here at the damp and eerie waiting shed. It's kind of secluded and a number of passerbys, street lamps, sign boards and only a few cars completes the view. The breeze of the wind gets colder as the night deepens, sending shivers all throughout his body. His gray hoodie doesn't suffice the cold. If he knew that the temperature would drop this low in the middle of summer then he would've brought a thick coat or a portable heater. But nada... he's stuck with his thin gray hoodie and an unreliable white undershirt.

He predicts that he'll catch a cold or some disease after this evening. An itch in his nose makes him pull a weird face. Overwhelmed by the sensation, he sniffs the incoming snot violently. Feeling the flow cautiously trying to escape from his cave of a nose once more, he scrunches his nose as he attempts to stop it, only to result into him sneezing.

"Ah, Ah, Ah-choo!" He lets it out. Like a choir at a church and the playback of the music in a video. A guy four chairs away from him sneezed at the same time. Both facing each other's direction, mirroring each other's moves, with an arm under their noses.

At almost midnight in an old rusty waiting shed, this scene is unexpected. A cute guy, sneezing with him in sync. No, this isn't an exaggeration. He's beyond his type. And oh, this is like some total solar eclipse or whatever. He met the latter's eyes that looked seemingly alarmed.

He tries to remain his composure but a shy laugh from the other made him crack up. 

Why didn't he notice him earlier? Like two hours ago, when he's inhaling all the smoke, the fine dust and is being embraced by the cold.

Seeing the smiling guy now makes the scene pretty. The infamous streetlight, shining over the unknown cutie, his hair glistens and he swears it's the prettiest thing he saw in his 18 years of existence.

Their eyes were locked on each other's orbs. His jaw.. welp, probably locked too since he can't stop grinning. 

The unknown guy packed his things and placed back his thick brown scarf around his neck as he sniffs softly, gradually putting his weight on his feet. 

Jimin can't believe that he's watching all of these. A cute guy taking the steps toward him. He cranes his neck as the latter comes closer. He's cute and is even tall, his legs were long so his strides were big.

Watching him take three steps forward seemed like a five minute music video and finally, the unknown cutie reaches out his hand for his.

He smiled shyly as he takes out his trembling hand from his pocket. 

The guy's hand is warm and soft, and overall... just pleasant. Unlike his, which seemed like a frozen chicken feet in the grocery.

The unknown sat beside him, sustaining the same warm smile he had. His eyes, nose and everything seemed so pretty.

"I'm Taehyung, by the way." He muffles under his scarf. You can barely see his smile under the huge scarf but you can tell that he's smiling through the curve at the end of his lips and the smile in his eyes.

Oh, and his name is pretty too.

"I-I'm Jimin." He smirks dumbly as he tries to maintain the eye contact.

He doesn't get why he can't stop grinning like a pup, or why the night suddenly seemed so nice that he started to recognize the stars twinkling in the sky.

Being here, under this shed, beside Taehyung whom he met 4 minutes ago seemed like fate. Overreaction is acknowledged right there.

"So, do you like ramen?" Taehyung carefully whispered to Jimin's ear. His hands still kept inside his thick green coat, fiddling and moving his body sideways as he mouthed the words of proposal.

"Who doesn't?" Jimin swears he'd regret acting so excited in front of him. He swears he'll regret leaving the shed and most probably missing the damned bus to Daegu. But eating Ramen at midnight has never sounded this good.

He stares unto his feet as he tries to choke down another stupid giggle. No one would've guessed this kind of meeting would occur all because of a harmless sneeze.

"For Ramen?" Taehyung nods over to the direction of the convenience store some steps away from them. His eyes were shining under the night light, he was staring at Jimin intently, giving him the eyes you won't be able to say no to.

"For Ramen." Jimin answered as he stood up and lead the way to uncertainty. Would this be a story he'll tell people after ten years? After twenty years? He doesn't know. But at the moment, a hot ramen is for certain.

 

 

Note: If you ever read up to this or even clicked on this story, thank you, you deserve a cookie. Sorry for the grammatical errors because English isn't my first language. Also, the vmin pic is originally taken by Fabulous Boy fansite-nim, I thank him for this wonderful 95z pic. bye bye bye