Day 2

Simply, No

Simply, No

-

Day 2: The First Morning, The Second Afternoon

It was going to be a better day. Or so she thought when she woke up.

Yuna walked to the classroom, her stomach feeling rather nauseous at the thought of seeing Jungkook again. It wasn’t really that she was worried about speaking to him, nor was she worried he would call her stupid again, but it was just that she was now overly conscious of his existence. It made her nervous and anxious, although she wasn’t too sure why considering she’d try her very best to not be anywhere near his line of sight.

Of course, it is always a good reminder to realize that trying doesn’t always bring results. Yuna opened the door to her classroom, keeping her line of sight to the floor and unfortunately knocked her head into the back of a stranger.

“Oh, Sorry!” She apologized looking up and immediately froze as she recognized the face in front of her. It was Jungkook. “G-good morning…?” She greeted with a stutter. He looked over her and nodded.

“Good morning.” Jungkook politely replied with an indifferent tone, stepping to the side to let her in.   

Oh.

He was surprisingly polite to her, as if he hadn’t intimidated the hell out of her the previous day nor called her stupid. Maybe the previous day was a mistake. Maybe it was part of her imagination or a dream that was so incredibly vivid that she didn’t even realize it at the time. Although, she wouldn’t want him inside her dreams.

Yuna quickly went to sit down at her desk, giving quick hellos and nods to her peers that acknowledged her. Quietly putting her stuff away, she looked up to take a peek at Jungkook who was still near the door chatting away with her group of friends. He had a calm look, laughing here and there at jokes, but overall the intimidating and cold exterior from the previous day was nowhere to be found.

“What’cha looking at?” A familiar voice cutely asked from the side. Yuna looked and smiled at her bob-haired friend.

“Morning Eunha.” She greeted happily. The other female grinned and sat in front of Yuna, resting her head on her hands. She gave a rather knowing look, wiggling her brows suggestively.

“Having the hots for Jeon Jungkook now huh? I thought DK was your type, but I guess all the girls have to fall for the mysterious ones don’t they?” She teased, somewhat excited that her best friend was finally noticing someone else for a change. Yuna gave an awkward laugh before denying it dryly. Eunha was honestly the cutest thing, albeit a bit boy crazy.

“I mean, Mr. tall, dark, handsome and talented to boot? Yum-my~” She swooned, imaginary hearts radiating from her whole being.

“Ugh, definitely not…” Yuna mused, looking elsewhere. Eunha opened her eyes and grinned slyly. Leaning close, she put her hand to Yuna ear to whisper.

“Riiight~ Cause DK is the only prince charming to get you all flushed and bothered, hmmm?”

Oh my god.

“Eunha please!” Yuna shot up with a gasp, knowing exactly what her friend was insinuating. Apparently, it was louder than intended, which in turn earned curious and intruding stares from her classmates. Including Dokyeom who just walked in the classroom and was staring wide-eyed at Yuna who was getting redder by the moment.

“Really excitable for the morning aren’t you Miss Choi Yuna?” Looking up ahead, she made eye contact with her teacher who had his brows raised in mild amusement. The joke earned lighthearted laughter form her classmates, causing her to turn purple regarding the dread she was currently feeling.

“Oh, U-um, sorry Teacher.” She muttered, slowly sitting down, but not before giving a real soft pinch to her friend’s neck. Eunha gave a small “eep!” before turning around and apologizing.

“Alright everyone, sit down! Let’s get started.” Her teacher continued, with all attention focused on him, she breathed a sigh of relief.

With a gut feeling, Yuna felt someone staring at her. Looking to her right, a couple seats ahead, she made eye contact with the one person she’d rather not acknowledge. He gave a small barely noticeable grin before resting his face on his hand. Yuna stared intensely as Jungkook seemingly mouthed out something. She frowned, tilting her head in confusion. He repeated it again, this time slower as he could obviously tell that the young female was having trouble understanding.

‘PABO’ He mouthed lazily.

Stupid

She gasped, earning a small smug smile from the male diagonally across from her. He shrugged before turning back to the look at the board, leaving poor Yuna to fume internally. He had just called her stupid. Once again.

This was not a good start to the day at all.

-

 “LOL, he called you stupid?” Sinb cackled, stuffing with a rather large rice ball. Kim Yewon scooted to the side in mild disgust, as bits of rice spilled out with the other female’s laughter.

“Not once, but twice in row?? LMAO.” Yuna could only pout as that response was expected from her younger friend. SinB was blunt, but playfully so that Yuna couldn’t find herself ever getting irritated with her. Plus it didn’t help that Sinb was one of the most hardworking person she’s ever met. Sinb was the type that if she wanted it, she’d get it through sheer determination and unwavering confidence. The only issue was the fact that she loved to rile up others with her teasing.

“Ugh!” The youngest squealed as a piece of rice flew into her hair. The other simply looked at her with puffed cheeks and grinned. Eunha looked in distaste at Sinb who was now trying to force feed the maknae a large rice ball in one bite. Sinb had a large enough mouth to do that, the maknae however obviously couldn’t.

“Hwang Eunbi, quit it!” The youngest squealed, causing Eunha and Yuna to laugh at the comedic skit before them. Yewon was the sweetest thing, talkative, intelligent, and polite. Her eyes were big and clear, full of twinkling kindness and innocence. Yuna always felt comfortable and at home with her.

“It’s SinB, SINB. UMJIII-YAAA.” Her friend replied teasingly. The other could only glare in return.

“Whatever…” She mumbled under her breath, shoving SinB’s face away from her so she could have some room. Today was not the day for rice to be stuck in her hair again due to Sinb’s messiness. The last time, the rice had dried in clumps by the time she noticed and bangs were born as a quick way to get rid of it.

“Honestly, Sinb. Be nice to them will you?~” Eunha scolded rather unconvincingly, taking rather apparent joy in seeing Umji and Yuna’s obvious displeasure and discomfort from the blunt female. Taking out her comb, she offered it to Yewon who took it gratefully.

“Honestly, just ignore Jeon Jungkook. Who cares what he thinks?” Sinb continued, rolling her eyes and waving her hand as if to brush the haters away.

Actually, most of the females in the school would care.  

Which was partially true, considering he had quite the fanbase that included Park Jisoo, with whom he called out on her bad attitude the other day. Yuna only sighed in remembrance, she needed to get her mind off of it.

“Guys,” She announced. “I’m going to take a quick walk, I’ll be right back.”

“Ah, Unnie!” Yewon called, making Yuna turn back to acknowledge. “Are you going near the vending machines? If so, can you get me a drink and a snack? Pleaseee?” She cutely pleaded, earing herself a bright smile and nod from the older female.

“Me too plz.” Sinb added, raising her hand rather sheepishly. Yewon gave her an annoyed stare, calling Sinb out for eating too much. The later just stuck out her tongue as a response.

“And me? ~ Please Yuju, my darling?” Eunha chimed, blinking lovingly at Yuna.

The long-haired female smiled and nodded.  

“The usual?”

“Yes!” They said in unison.

“Okay.”

“Yay! We love you Choi Yuna! ~ Choi Yuna! Choi Yuna!” They chimed together, chanting her name as she walked away, earning a rather embarrassing number of stares from fellow students. She looked down as to avoid eye contact with others until she got far enough.

Yuna didn’t mind going by herself to the vending machine. The nearest one was located close to the entrance to the music department, which was right across from where they were currently eating at. On the way, there was the school garden that students of the gardening club took care of, so she could enjoy the little walk there anyways. Being a warm spring day, the trees were green and bright, with a light cool wind travelling through the leaves.

“Ah! Yuna!” A voice called out from afar. Yuna looked up in bewilderment, only to have a lovely rosy tint adorn her features as she saw a tall figure waving rather energetically from afar.

“Heyyyy!” Dokyeom greeted again, putting his head out the window, happy to see a fellow classmate passing by. She shyly waved back, feeling her heart rate steadily climbing higher and higher the longer she stared at him. He was shining, glowing with warmth and happiness. She envied that.

“Yah! DK Get back to practice!!” Another familiar voice hollered, whacking the tall male on the head. The impact made a rather loud sound, causing Yuna to wince, but Dokyeom didn’t seem affected by it at all.

“Kay Woozi~~ Bye Yuna, see you later!”

“It’s Jihoon-HYUNG you BRAT.” The shorter male chided aggressively. He gave a look to Yuna and gave a nod before shoving the taller boy back inside before closing the window. Jihoon was well known for being a song-writing/producing genius around the school. Being a determined senior, he was probably wringing his club members to hell and back now. She smiled, thinking that they were probably using all their free time, even lunch, to practice for the upcoming festival. Continuing her walk, she saw the familiar rusty red color of the vending machine up ahead.

“What to get?” She whispered to herself out of habit. Yuna being the attentive friend she naturally is, had already memorized what drinks and snacks to bring back her friends from multiple trips before. Hwang Eunbi needed an energy drink and some honey butter chips to keep her going through the day. Kim Yewon liked lemonade and custard cakes to refresh herself. And Jung Eunbi enjoyed banana milk and pepero to aid in her sweet personality. And for Choi Yuna…

“Citron tea today, maybe?” She questioned to herself, thinking to whether she wanted something sweet or not. She was also feeling some like having dried squid too…

“What are you doing?” A familiar voice asked from behind her. Yuna froze, almost flinched even, by surprise in knowing who it was. She turned around and gave a small polite nod and hello to Jungkook. Yuna blinked, taking notice of the carton of strawberry milk he was drinking out of. She gave a slight frown, thinking that a cute fluffy image, the image strawberry milk gave off if you wanted to give food a personality, certainly did not suit him.

“What doesn’t suit me?”

Yuna jumped, not realizing that she had mumbled her last thought aloud. Immediately turning tomato red, she shook her head.

“I-It’s nothing. S-sorry.” She apologized, not meeting his eyes. Which for some odd reason, were so incredibly direct towards her. He really liked to maintain eye contact she guessed.

“You know, you still haven’t answered me.” The tall male repeated, raising a brow. His tone was neutral and surprisingly kinder sounding in comparison to the other day. The black-haired female only gave a blank stare, tilting her head. Why did he have to know?

“I’m just getting some stuff for my friends. That’s all.”

“Huh…” He started, then looked to side as if to muse over something. “Are you a gofer?”

Well.

“E-excuse me?”

A stutter was all she could give because talking with him gave her rather mild anxiety.

“Because whenever I see you, you’re always doing something or getting something for others.” Jungkook stated as a matter-of-fact. There was no malice or ill intention from his words, but nonetheless Yuna felt herself heating up once again. From anger or embarrassment, she couldn’t really tell. But it was probably a good mix of the two, the latter being more apparent because he had called her out on her actions as if they were bad.

“Are you done with the vending machine? Excuse me then.” The tall male continued, walking in front of her. Yuna just moved to the side, stunned.

“Why are you...” She started, barely audible and hesitating. Why was he like this? Other than being nonchalant and indifferent to her when they greeted, he was incredibly blunt when he wanted to address her actions. Sure, Sinb was blunt, but it was the fun type, with an apparent sarcastic tone to it. Jungkook was just…direct.

And she didn’t want to deal with it or him.

I’m done.

Squeezing her pile closer to her, she decided to screw getting her snack and to go. Her friends were waiting long enough anyways.

“I’ll be going then, excuse me.” She whispered, ready to turn her heel.

“Hey.” Jungkook started once again, causing Yuna to stop and stare blankly at him. What did he want? To insult her again? Call her stupid? Honestly, she really didn’t have to deal with him anym- “You like dried squid, don’t you?”

I do. But wait, what.

“Huh?” Yuna stared, wide-eyed and once again, stunned by Jungkook’s words towards her.

“This is the last one, Here.” He said, placing the bag on top of Yuna’s already large pile that she palmed in both hands. He added, giving a stare that lasted just a second longer than it was probably meant to. “See you. Try not to drop anything.”

Choi Yuna was dumbfounded. Flabbergasted. All the words that are synonyms with surprise.

She really, really did not understand Jeon Jungkook. She had many questions circulating within her mind that would possibly never be answered by the man himself. She couldn’t even fathom talking to him to truly get what was going through that pretty little head of his.

I’m not so sure I’d want to talk to him about it all either.

However, one question does clearly come to mind. The most real, and thought-provoking reason, as to how exactly he knew what she liked to eat?


Ⓒ Rhiean 2017

This is a work of fiction. It is an original story. Any similarity to another story is coincidental or unintentional.


Hey. So it's been a few  good months since my last update. But I want to thank everyone who subscribed and took notice of my story. I've been in a rut, but Gfriend came back again with Love Whisper so I am obligated to update the story. (Promises I won't wait till their next comeback to update either lol.)

Tbh, I've had this chapter more than halfway done for awhile now, just sitting in my drafts. I'm feeling happpier with it now, it's long and their isn't much character development, but I hope you guys aren't too disappointed. Yuna is a sweet, shy, and mostly well collected girl. She keeps thoughts to herself mostly. Jungkook in this chapter, hopefully doesn't come accross as rude to you guys as he does to Yuna. I don't want him to be a hated character.

Thank you - Rhiean