Night Chills

Barefoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The door to their shared bedroom closes with a soft click and Yoongi sighs. He leans heavily against the door and stares off into the dark hallway at a loss of how to help Hoseok. This wasn’t the first time, by a long shot. It happened often in the beginning, when they weren’t tied to a huge fanbase and by all of their responsibilities. Then they all fell too much in love with their music, their fans, and the energy that they received on stage to be able to run away from this dream that they were living. But recently, it seemed like that was all Hoseok had been doing.

Mornings became quiet as Hoseok silently steps away from a half eaten breakfast and scrapes the remainder into the trash. Yells don't wake a grumbling Yoongi because Hoseok doesn't smother protesting members with his affections anymore. Hoseok spends more and more time in the dance room, returning to the dorms after everyone but a worried Yoongi had fallen asleep. Hoseok turned more and more to the refuge of his earbuds avoiding all of the things the other members want to do. One time, after Hoseok had fallen asleep, Yoongi had pulled out an earbud to see what he was listening to and was greeted with silence. His eyebrows furrowed, had Hoseok been purposefully ignoring the other members? Yoongi had looked worriedly at the seemingly peaceful countenance of his fellow member, but the incident was quickly forgotten.

But now Yoongi’s eyebrows are furrowed once again. Why was this happening again? What triggered this response, this regression to his pre-debut recklessness?

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair, his steps heavy as he plans to sit out the night in the living room, alone and worried.

Lost in his haze of worries he almost doesn’t catch sight of the pastel pink cloud floating in the shadows until he's face to face with it. Namjoon stands, arms crossed, leaning into the shadows with sadness mirrored on his face. “What happened Yoongi. What. Happened.” And the only answer the mint haired boy can give is a shake of his head. He himself does not know what was going on. What Namjoon wants is an explanation, and that was something they would have to hear from the boy who was sleeping restlessly in his bed. The words bounce around the room, less of a question and more of a command, but the more they bounced around the more unsure they became.

What happened. What happened? What? Happened?

Yoongi closes his eyes as Namjoon takes him into his arms. The familiar warmth that provided the support and friendship they had been building for years surrounds Yoongi as Namjoon’s arms envelop him. Years of crying into each other’s s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter