"We Love You"

"We Love You"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N: This is for on Kit Kat The Potato on Quotev

-Request: vminkook and jihope as best friends

 

"Jimin, do you like Taehyung?" Hoseok asked the red-haired boy who was looking down at his desk and hiding his face in his hands. Jimin shook his head but he knew that Hoseok didn't believe him. Hoseok had been best friends with Jimin since the younger was basically born. At this point, Jimin was convinced that the elder knew him better than he knew himself.

"Then is it Jungkook that you like?" Hoseok continued. Again Jimin shook his head.

"Talk to me Jimin. I know it has to do with them getting together. What's the matter?"

Jimin just shook his head once more. His eyes were shut tight behind his hands so that the tears that were welled up in them wouldn't fall. He was sure if he opened his eyes the tears would begin to cascade down his face. Hoseok sighed softly and then Jimin felt arms wrap around him pulling him out of his own seat and into Hoseok's lap. Jimin removed his hands from his face and looked down at Hoseok hesitantly. He saw the soft look the elder was giving him and he broke down. He buried his face into Hoseok's chest and cried. Jimin was thankful no one else was in the classroom and that it was unlikely anyone would come in for a while yet since it was still lunchtime.

"It's alright Jiminie. Everything will be ok," He heard Hoseok whisper into his hair as he rubbed circles into Jimin's back like he did whenever Jimin cried.

"I-it's n-not! N-no-nothing is!" Jimin stuttered out against Hoseok's chest.

"How so Jimin? Won't you tell me what's wrong?" Hoseok asked the younger who shook his head yet again.

"Please, Jimin? I hate seeing you so upset and not even knowing why." Hoseok pleaded with the younger but Jimin just shook his head, his wails becoming louder. So Hoseok did what he did best, he offered whatever comfort he could. He tightened his grasp on the younger protectively and rocked the both of them in an effort to calm Jimin. And he waited. He waited for Jimin to finish letting all the tears he'd been holding back for a while now, come out. Hoseok waited a good ten minutes before he felt the younger stop sobbing. Jimin sniffled and wiped away the last of his tears before lifting his head away from Hoseok's chest.

"Sorry hyung," Jimin whispered looking at Hoseok's tear-stained sweater in dismay.

"You know I don't mind Jimin...besides it's too warm for a sweater anyway...so will you tell me what's wrong now?" Hoseok tried again. Jimin took in a shaky breath before nodding lightly.

"I...I li-like b-both of th..them," Jimin finally said.

"Both? You mean both Taehyung and Jungkook?" Hoseok asked making sure he understood.

"... yes... I'm sorry," Jimin answered lowering his head feeling ashamed of his feelings. He felt it was wrong to like two people at the same time, especially when said two people were now dating each other.

"Hmm, I can't say I'm surprised by this..." Hoseok started, he placed a hand on Jimin's chin and slowly lifted it up to look Jimin in the eyes, "... don't be ashamed of your feelings Jiminie. It's ok to like two people at the same time."

Jimin teared up again and shook his head, not believing his hyung's words. "It isn't right! I...I shouldn't...like both of them...especially when I encouraged them to confess to one another...but it hurts hyung...it hurts so much!" Jimin said clutching at his chest as the tears fell again.

"I know Jiminie, I know...," Hoseok said hugging the younger again and patting his back.

"Wh-what am I su-supposed t-to do now hyung?" Jimin asked sobbing. Hoseok didn't answer right away, thinking about how to answer.

"I'm not sure Jiminie...but maybe...you should confess to them?" Hoseok suggested. Jimin pulled away from their hug in horror shaking his head saying, "No! No! I can't! That would be so selfish of me! It would mess up our friendship!"

"Jimin listen to me. Calm down," Hoseok demanded while placing his hands on Jimin's cheeks to keep his head in place. Jimin stopped moving and looked at Hoseok with desperate eyes.

"Jimin...you need to be selfish more often... You knew Taehyung liked Jungkook and that Jungkook liked Taehyung and even though you liked them both you still helped them get together, what does that say about you?" Hoseok asked softly.

"That I'm pathetic, I couldn't pick one and so I let both of them go," Jimin answered feeling horrible.

"No! That's not what it means at all! You aren't pathetic Jiminie. You're so kind and selfless. You put them first, you brought them together because you placed them in front of your own feelings! If that's not selfless what is?... You've never been selfish Jimin, and I've known you since you were born. You always think about others before yourself, and while that's good at times, sometimes you need to be more selfish Jimin... This is one of those times. Don't think about the consequences, just tell them know how you feel and let what happens, happen. It might not turn out as bad as you think... Whatever happens, you know you always have me. I'll make sure things turn out alright in the end," Hoseok said. He knew that this small lecture wouldn't be enough to rouse Jimin into action, but that wasn't the point. He just needed Jimin to know that he supported Jimin and that he would be there for him.

"...I can't do it hyung," Jimin whispered after a minute. Hoseok nodded and let go of Jimin's face, having guessed Jimin would say that.

"Then what do you want to do?" Hoseok asked softly sensing Jimin already knew what he wanted to do.

"...I...I want to forget," Jimin answered looking down at his hands. "I... want to... forget my feelings."

"That won't be easy," Hoseok commented and Jimin merely nodded, he knew it wouldn't be, but he didn't want to burden Taehyung and Jungkook with his feelings for them.

"If that's what you really want...then ok. How can I help you forget?" Hoseok asked wanting to help the younger in any way possible even if he didn't think Jimin was doing the right thing.

"Keep them... away from me... I don't want to be alone with them," Jimin whispered.

"... Are you sure that's what you want? You really want to avoid them?"

"Yes... it's for the best... I'll get over them faster if I stay away."

"But you're friends with them... they'll worry."

"No they won't... they have each other now, they won't even notice."

"I think you aren't giving them enough credit Jimin."

"Please hyung? Don't let me be alone with them ever. Please make up excuses for me?"

"Alright... if you're sure about this," Hoseok said uncertainly. Jimin nodded, certain of his decision.

"Ok. I'll help you keep your distance... use me as an excuse whenever you need.... and I'm here to talk if things get too much," Hoseok said grabbing Jimin's hand and squeezing it lightly. Jimin nodded knowing the older would always be there for him, they were practically brothers after all. Jimin knew he could trust Hoseok with anything and everything, their bond had always been strong and Jimin doubted it would ever be anything but unbreakable.

"Thank you hyung," Jimin said and hugged the elder tightly. Hoseok hugged back saying, "Anytime Jiminie." While they were hugging, the door to the classroom opened and they heard two voices giggling to each other as they entered the classroom.

"Hey Hoseok hyung, Jimin hyung. Why did you two leave so quickly?" Jimin heard Jungkook say from behind them.

"Yea, why? You just congratulated us and then left! Wait, is Jimin ok?" Taehyung asked. Jimin buried himself in Hoseok's arms to indicate he wasn't ready to face them. Hoseok wrapped his arms around Jimin's hips and stood up, letting the younger wrap his legs around his waist.

"Yea sorry for leaving so early. Jiminie isn't feeling too good, I'm just going to take him to the nurse's office, will you let the teacher know for me?" Hoseok asked the two youngsters before walking out of the room knowing they'd do what he asked.

"Thank you," Jimin whispered once again and Hoseok just nodded, carrying Jimin towards their lockers to gather their things.

"Let's skip school for the rest of the day, we've already been to the important classes, and I don't think anyone would mind. Plus I'll treat you to ice cream," Hoseok offered as he was setting Jimin down next to their lockers and turning the locker dial to punch in the combination.

"Have you entered your rebellious stage hyung?" Jimin joked as he took his backpack from Hoseok who merely smiled at him and nodded before opening his own locker to gather his things.

"Ah no hyung, you can't be rebellious! You're supposed to be my role model," Jimin said giggling slightly. He knew that Hoseok wouldn't ever skip class unless he deemed it absolutely necessary.

"Well as your role model I'm telling you to never cut class, but as your friend, I'm asking you to ignore my previous statement just this once," Hoseok said as he texted his boyfriend, Yoongi, to let the elder know where he was going and a vague explanation as to why. Then he held Jimin's hand and lead him out of the back doors since he knew no one would be there to stop them.

Hours later Jimin was feeling much better. Hoseok had taken him out for ice cream and to a nearby arcade where they had spent hours playing different multiplayer games and challenging each other to a rematch after rematch. Yoongi joined them once school had ended. Together he and Hoseok managed to get Jimin to truly smile again. By evening Jimin was smiling and laughing and all that was left of his breakdown earlier in the day was a slight red tinge to his eyes.

When night fell, Yoongi bid them farewell and then headed home while Hoseok and Jimin walked home together since they lived in the same area only four houses away from each other. Hoseok walked Jimin home and then promised to see him in the morning so they could walk to school together like they usually do. Jimin smiles and thanked the elder for everything before going inside.

Once inside Jimin sighed walking upstairs to his room and climbing into his bed. Now that he was alone his thoughts drifted back to Taehyung and Jungkook. He recalled them coming into the cafeteria holding hands and then Taehyung announcing that Jungkook had finally manned up and asked him out. Jimin had smiled at them to hide the pain he was feeling. He'd congratulated them and then excused himself saying he'd forgotten something in the classroom. A few minutes after he'd entered the classroom Hoseok had come and asked him what was wrong and that had been it. He'd been forced to finally admit his feelings to both himself and to Hoseok. Jimin felt tears stinging his eyes again as he thought about the new couple. He curled up in his bed and cried himself to sleep.

* * * *

The next day was horrible for Jimin. He tried to keep his distance from the new couple, but that was proving to be difficult as he realized he literally spent almost all of his time with them if he wasn't around Hoseok. Still, Jimin tried to make up excuses to avoid being alone with them and as the week progressed he got better at it. As the week drew to an end Jimin was feeling very emotionally drained. While he had managed to keep his distance from them, he also realized just how much he missed their company.

Jimin heart constantly hurt but Jimin didn't do anything about it. He cut down the time he spent with them more and more until they hardly spoke to each other aside from when they were in their group of seven. And the moments where he was with them in their group of seven, he would constantly catch them flirting with each other which only served to cause a stabbing pain in his heart. As much as it hurt to see them together it hurt, even more, to realize that he really meant nothing to them. They didn't notice Jimin pulling away from them, they didn't question why they hardly talked with Jimin, being too wrapped up in each other.

However, the rest of the group noticed. Well, Hoseok and Yoongi already knew what was going on, and Namjoon had always picked up on things quickly. And Jin could always tell when one of his kids were feeling down. It was about three days into the couple's second week of dating when Namjoon and Jin confronted Jimin and asked him if something was wrong. Jimin had smiled and said he was just dealing with a personal problem and that they shouldn't worry. Jin being the mother of their group didn't believe him and worried until Jimin finally cracked and admitted his feelings for Jungkook and Taehyung. Once Jin knew he tried to comfort Jimin as well, and pretty soon all his hyungs helped Jimin stay distracted and away from the oblivious couple.

But it really wasn't enough. Even if the two youngest members of their group didn't notice the distance between them, Jimin did. Jimin felt the pain of the separation, he hardly spent any time with the couple and so he was feeling rather lonely. Not even hanging out with Hoseok was enough to fill the void in his heart. In an attempt to make up for the loneliness he was feeling he became friends with Jinyoung a student who transferred into their school a day after Jungkook and Taehyung announced they were dating. Jimin had been assigned to show him around and so it was natural for them to end up friends. Jinyoung was a great distraction and helped Jimin to take his mind off of Jungkook and Taehyung whenever Hoseok wasn't around to do so. Even though it was difficult, Jimin was learning to deal without Taehyung and Jungkook's company, he was learning to get over them.

* * * *

It had been almost three weeks since Taehyung and Jungkook became a couple and Jimin had started avoiding them completely. He spent most of his time with Jinyoung and Hoseok would also join them once in a while. One day when the three were together during study hall, Jinyoung was telling Jimin jokes to get him to laugh. Hoseok was listening in on their conversation and smiling to himself, happy to see that Jimin was laughing genuinely. After a little bit, Jinyoung excused himself because the teacher was calling him.

"Sooo...what do you think about Jinyoung?" Hoseok asked once Jinyoung had left.

"What do you mean?" Jimin asked as he turned his attention to his phone.

"Jimineee! You know what I mean." Hoseok insisted.

"No, I really don't," Jimin responded giving Hoseok a confused look causing the elder to sigh.

"I'm asking if you like him," Hoseok finally said.

"Yea. He's nice," Jimin said with a shrug.

"Nooo, I mean do you like him," Hoseok clarified.

"Oh... uh no," Jimin answered. He'd never thought of Jinyoung in that way.

"Why nooottt? He's so nice to you and always makes you smile and laugh. He helps you when you're stuck on a problem in class, he always hangs out with you, and he listens to everything you say. So why not consider him?" Hoseok asked seriously.

"Well... I don't know... I just can't see him that way?" Jimin said not being able to come up with any tangible reason. Hoseok sighed again and shook his head.

"You know if you tried to consider him or even someone else it might help you get over them faster," Hoseok said and Jimin knew he was referring to Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Hmm... it might... and it's not like I'm not considering anyone else... I just don't see anyone worth considering," Jimin explained and Hoseok nodded in acknowledgment.

"Alright... but I think you should consider Jinyoung. He'd be good for you," Hoseok stated.

"...I'll try," Jimin replied but knew he probably wouldn't ever see Jinyoung that way.

* * * *

Ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter