Complete Me

When Powerful Meet Elegant

Momo loves dance as much as she loves eating any kind of food, she likes it when her body move to the rhythm of the music that she plays. She dances just as if she's breathing, maybe that's why she's here being a trainee in Korea. She wants to learn more about dancing and she is fascinated with the dance here.

People knows her, even her dance trainer knows Momo as one of the ace for the dance line team. Momo is awkward to approach people first since she is struggling to speak Korean. Sana is a fast learner, Momo feel like she's being left alone when Sana start speaking Korean with other trainees.

Momo wants to talk to them but she often confused, sometimes she mixed Korean with Japanese which causing people to laugh at her for being clumsy.

"Momoring"

"Huh? What?"

"Did you know about the rumor?"

"What rumor?"

"About the new trainee that will come here"

"Ah, i didn't pay attention to that"

"Someone said to me that this trainee is excel in ballet"

"And? It's not like this is important to my life right now. I need to practice or the unnie will scold me for slacking off from my routine"

"She's from Japan"

"Oh, really?"

Momo stop her stretching and listen to Sana now. She glance at her figure on the mirror as Sana keep talking about the new trainee.

"She will be our biggest rival in dance line"

"Why?"

"She has it all, elegance, beauty, and y"

"Where did you know this information?"

"From the staff, i was walking when they start talking about this girl"

"Do you know her name?"

"Uh, i don't really remember, like uh....Myoui something. Sorry, i have short memory"

Sana laugh and rubs her arm shyly. Momo just nods and tell Sana cheer up for her vocal lesson.

"I'm going"

"Good luck Sanaring"

"Thank you Momoring"

Momo turns on the music as she start dancing to Crazy in Love freestyle. Her mind is still wandering, curious about this girl called Myoui.

"I might not be that elegance but i'm quite powerful. That's matter in dance too right?"

Momo talks to herself as she wipes her sweat with towel and drinks her Pocari.

****

"Good morning, i'm the new trainee. My name is Myoui Mina, please take care of me"

Momo stares at the girl in awe, she unconsciously open as she keep looking at the girl. The other trainees are praising her beauty and they keep on asking her many things, Mina look awkwardly shy as she keep looking down in most of the conversation. Momo just watch them from a distance, since she doesn't know how to approach new people.

The staff are taking the trainees away since they aren't on the dance team. Mina stand still while Momo is the only one who is in the practice room since Sana is probably still on her vocal lesson.

"Ah, uh...hi"

"Uh, hello. I'm Mina, nice to meet you ah...uh...unnie"

"I'm Momo, Hirai Momo"

"Gosh, you are Japanese too?"

"Yeah"

"Great, i was afraid if i need to talk in broken Korean"

"Feel free to talk with me, kekeke. Just call me Momo, drop that formality"

Momo show her silly smile as they both shake hand. In just two hours, Momo and Mina become close as if they have been friends for years. They keep talking about Japan when someone knock on the door. They both look at the girl who is smiling cutely at them.

"So, you both are close now? So unfair, let me in too"

"Uh, hello. I'm Myoui Mina"

"I know, i'm Sana. Glad to meet a fellow Japanese here"

Sana suddenly sit in between Momo and Mina, she hug Momo shoulder and talk with Mina casually.

"So, where are you from?"

"Kobe"

Mina answer her short since she is awkwardly shy, Sana thinks Mina is cute so she keep patting her head while giggling.

"You're such a cutie"

"Ah, uh, thanks Sana unnie"

"Just call me Sana, aigo"

"But..."

"You called Momo, just Momo. Just do the same to me too"

"But...unnie"

"Aigo, this girl"

"Mianhae"

Mina chuckles softly as she rubs her nose, Momo just glance at them both while smiling.

****

It's been 4 months since Momo met Mina, they are really close that sometimes Sana even get jealous of their closeness.

"Take me too"

"Aigo unnie, it's not like we don't want to bring you along. You have dance practice in an hour right?"

"Ugh, i hate this routine. I wanna come with you two~"

Sana whines at them, Momo just hug Sana and pats her head gently.

"We will bring you to shopping tomorrow, how about that?"

"Really? Promise?"

Sana shows her pinky finger and Momo link it with hers as they both smile. Momo and Mina waves her hand as they go out of the practice room leaving Sana alone.

"I feel bad for Sana unnie"

"She's going to debut soon, that's why she got a lot of lessons to take"

"Will we get to debut too?"

"Sure, we will"

"Momoring..."

"Yes?"

"Thank you"

"For what?"

"For being nice to me, i'm glad i met you here"

"Uh, i need to thank you too for being here. It's kinda lonely being in practice room most of the time, i only know how to dance and my social skill is "

"What are you saying? Other trainees adore you the most, they say you're the ace and you're so nice"

"Aigo, stop praising me"

Momo hit Mina's arm slightly as she feel shy getting all that praises. 

"Let's continue being a good friend like this"

"Sure Mina, let's debut together"

"Yes, let's"

Mina smiles as she glances at Momo, Momo link her arm cutely as they walk together to buy some food.

****

Momo never imagine that she need to face Mina as a rival, she's just glad Mina is a part of the dance line but other trainees feel Mina as a threat since the staff and dance trainer praise Mina's ability in y dance most of the time. 

It seem the fate trying to play around with her that she need to face Mina today as a rival to get that chance to debut. Momo has been a trainee for years but Mina is only half-year trainee. Momo can't say anything but she honestly a bit annoyed with the fact they need to compete with each other. She complains it at her dance trainer but he keep insisting to make them both show their improvement.

"This afternoon, show me all that you've trained this far Hirai"

"But..."

"Do well if you wanna debut faster"

"I get it..."

*****

Momo walk to the front as she is well prepare for her dance routine and Mina is watching her from the back. Momo can't help but feel nervous somehow. She doesn't really like competition, for her dancing is just her way of expressing herself not for challenging people and show who is the best in this area. She likes to learn new dance and convert it to her own dance style, she want people to see how much she love dance not to brag about her dancing skill. Today is different, she need to compete with Mina since they both take the same dancing lesson and they need to show off their improvement in order to debut on stage.

"Momo, you're ready?"

"Yes, unnie"

"Okay, let's start"

The dance trainer turn on the music for Momo to dance freestyle, Bubblegum is playing and Momo show her powerful dance and y moves. The other trainees seem amazed with her since they cheer and clap loud while Momo dance all out.

Once the song is end she quickly change her expression as timid Momo, she bow down politely and smile shyly as she keep thanking them for cheer her up.

Mina stand up and pat Momo's shoulder, she walk elegantly as she move to the front and bow down to all politely. Momo secretly pray for Mina to do well as she sit quietly and watch her.

Mina dance to What's Your Name, her moves isn't as powerful as Momo but she look ier without even trying hard, Momo keep watching Mina's seductive eyes fron that big mirror. She's like hypnotized by every moves Mina made. Mina wear that big hoodie and skinny jeans, while Momo wear sleeveless shirt and short pants.

Momo keep wondering how come wearing such casual clothes like Mina still can show y vibes while dancing. Momo just realized something, Mina is really good at dancing ily without even use revealing clothes to seduce her audience. Momo still amazed with it, still thinking maybe she need to learn ballet someday.

Everyone clap after Mina bow down politely. The evaluation is the only thing that is left for them both, so Mina and Momo stand side by side. Momo stand nervously when suddenly Mina hold her hand while keep watching their trainer. Momo hold Mina's hand and squeeze it firmly as she tries to cheer them both, she glance at Mina and smiles.

"So, you girls are great. But i still need to evaluate your moves at some points. First, Momo. I know you're quote powerful while dancing, all you need to improve is your expression while dancing. I'm sure you're nervous but you shouldn't show it much because people will caught that expression and just focus on that, not your dancing. Overall, your dance is great as usual. So, uh..Mina"

"Y...Yes"

"Your dance is a bit stiff, but your expression is great that it cover up your lack. Your moves is smooth and i think learn ballet for years really help you on that. You just need to practice more"

"Yes"

"Oh, by the way. We will have a survival show soon. Please prepare for that, i'll tell the staffs you're both are in"

"Us both?"

Momo jaw drop she is still shocked hearing that news. Mina can't contain her happiness she hug Momo tight as she smile widely.

"Momoring, we did it"

The trainer smile and pats their head, she goes out leaving Mina and Momo alone on the practice room.

Momo hug Mina as they jump in excitement. They are both happy with the result of their dance evaluation and promise to keep practising hard.

"Let's debut together"

"Yes, let's"

"Gals, let me in too~"

Sana suddenly come into the practice room and hug them both.

"Let's all debut together"

"Yes Momoring~"

"Sana unnie, i can't breathe. You hug me too tight"

"Oops, sorry Mina"

****

It's been a year but Momo still think Mina is awesome, so whenever she get the chance to dance she will ask them if she's allowed to tag Mina along. They become the dancing duo that seem incomparable. She always admire her japanese friend for reaching up though she's the only one who is trained the shortest before they debut.

"Momoring~"

Mina keep waving her hand in front of Momo's face, Momo look at her and grins.

"Why?"

"I told you i'm nervous for our dance stage"

"Aigo, you shouldn't be nervous i should be the one who is nervous here since i don't know if being in this stage suit me"

"But you learnt ballet for a short time and did well on hit the stage tho"

"You should be here, but i'm not"

"Momoring, what are you saying? You're the best dancer in Twice, even JYP PD nim acknowledge your talent"

"I don't know i just feel insecure sometimes, you are great Mina, maybe someday you can snatch the main dancer title from me"

Momo joke around, she giggles but Mina look at her seriously. Mina hold her face and stare at Momo intensely.

"Momoring, you will always be our main dancer. I'm glad for at least being the lead dancer here, because you're our dancing mochine. Remember that"

Mina say it to her sincerely, Momo hug Mina tight and nuzzle her face to Mina's neck.

"Thank you, Mina"

"No, thanks to you for being a part of Twice. We will never be perfect 9 without you"

Mina rubs her back gently, she tries to calm nervous and insecure Momo.

Momo doesn't know anything except dancing and eating, Mina knows it better than anyone else since she adore Momo a lot but that girl is just dense as usual. She doesn't even realize how much her presence means a lot to Mina ever since they both first met on that practice room.

******

I love the J-trinity, Momo Sana Mina. I love them and this story is just from my view (i don't know much about dancing so please don't judge me xD). Hope u like them, have a nice reading!