That Christmas day

Graduation Day

"Last year Christmas Day... my grandfather had a when he suddenly fall down on the floor when he went to the kitchen to get a plate for his son,Uncle Jack, which is my uncle. He is the eldest son of my grandfather. He asked my dad for a plate, to put the peanut shell,

'I'll go...' Grandpa stood up, his hand is shaking when he's trying to stand up

'It's okay pa, I'll go get it" My mum stopped him however he still trying to stand up.

 

'No... I'll get it, I've been sitting...arh!" He stood up, 'for hours, is time for me to move around.'

 

'But...' still trying to stop him.

 

'Let dad go, he needs to move more didn't he?' Auntie Lisa said from the dining table as she and her family were having their dinner. Auntie Lisa is the second child, while my dad is the last. Couldn't do anything, my mum gave up trying to help grandpa. Auntie Lisa had 2 kids, one boy and a girl and Uncle Jack had 2 kids as well, two girls. And I, am the only child and also the oldest one in the family, all 4 of them were about 5-8 years old while I'm 17 that year.

 

'CLANK!' a loud sound came from the kitchen, my dad and mum quickly went to the kitchen to check, 

'Oh my god DAD!' Auntie Lisa shout when she turned into the kitchen as she's the closes to the kitchen. 

Soon, everybody went to check on grandpa, grandpa fall down, Auntie Lisa and her husband blocking the kitchen so that the kids doesn't go in, my dad lift grandpa up and puts him to the sofa while my mum went to the balcony to get the broom and get rid of the broken plate. My mum being careless, she stepped on a broken plate when she's going to get the broom, still she continued...

 

'Papa-san, are you alright?' Auntie Hiromi, from Kyoto, Uncle Jack's wife worried about him. 'Can you hear us?' Uncle Jack said close to his ear.

Grandpa's mouth was twisted downward one side, "Nu...numb...."

"I'll call the ambulance!" Uncle Henry, Auntie Lisa's husband, went to the phone call area, called the ambulance.

 

"He's having ..." My dad said.

"Grandpa having ?" One of the kid said,

"Papa what is a ?", "Is painful?

 

"Aaron, bring the kids to the room." My dad order me to bring them to my room.

"Come come, let's go to my room, don't disturb them." I carried the youngest kid and hold one of them and telling the remaining two to my room. They complaining while walking to the room.

 

"I called the ambulance, they'll be here in a minute." Uncle Henry puts down the phone.

 

Uncle Henry, Uncle Jack, Auntie Lisa, Auntie Hiromi and my dad went to the hospital waiting for my grandpa where he was place in an emergency room.

Everybody was waiting anxiously, while Uncle Jack brought my dad outside to have a smoke...

 

'Hey Leon... when dad woke up... Let's ask him to make his will already..." Uncle Jack saying it calmly