Final

Let Me

"Man he really is looking fine today." I accidentally said out loud while looking over to his table. 

 

"Aish hyung your so lonely." Youngjae laughed at me as he looked in the direction I was staring at. 

 

"But just look at him! He's so perfect!" I said looking back over to him. Jackson Wang is so flawless and beautiful. He's been my long time crush for the longest time. 

 

"He's too popular for you hyung. Probably never even noticed you." Youngjae snorted. 

 

"Well looks like you have a lot to say. What about you and JB hm?" I snapped back at him. Youngjae is my dear best friend. He is also a grade below me. He may be younger but we have a lot in common. 

 

"Why do you have to bring in JB hyung?" He whined at me. 

 

"Well if your going to be mean to me about Jackson I at least have something to say back." I said to him. 

 

"Fine fine. Hyung it's Valentine's Day tomorrow. Any plans?" I shrugged. 

 

"Does staring at Jackson count?" I said half jokingly. I know for sure I'm going to do it anyways. 

 

"No hyung you do that all the time. How about actually asking him out maybe?" I tensed. 

 

"Nah he probably doesn't even know I exist." I said sadly. I've been going to school with Jackson ever since the seventh grade. Sure we are in some of the same classes but he has so many friends to notice someone like me. 

 

"You never know unless you try hyung." Youngjae encouraged me. I looked back over at his popular table. He hyena laugh echoing throughout the whole cafeteria. I smiled. That never gets old. 

 

 

Time skip...

 

'Hmmm maybe I can send him something anonymously?' I asked myself. I was back home now and really thinking about what Youngjae said. It really wouldn't hurt to try. Urgh screw being cute and romantic I'm just going to write him a letter. And I did. 

 

The letter wasn't much I would say. I told him how much I admired him and how much he meant to me. How beautiful his smile is and how his laugh can instantly put a smile on my face. I may or not have ended the letter with an I love you, but either way it was done anonymously. I planned on sliding the well thought letter in his locker during passing period. 

 

The Next Day....

Yuck it's the day of love. I watched as couples all over school exchanged boxes of chocolates and red roses to each other. I probably only thought it was disgusting because that's all I ever wanted. My different fantasies started to flash with Jackson. How I would be able to come to school with a peck on the cheek and he would hold my hand and walk me to my class room. Thoughts like that instantly made me sad so I always just brushed them away. I realized I liked him since freshmen year of high school. I remember he had his arm around this girl and the burning jealousy in my chest. It made me sad and mad but also made me realized I really do like him. Now that myself and him are a junior, I still feel very giddy when I see him. 

 

As they bell rung I started walking to my first period class. On my way I of course see him walking pass. I knew he would walk pass me. I would always look forward to the moment I could feel his presence around me, even if he's just walking to his next period. We made eye contact for a good five seconds and he smiled! At me! He actually acknowledged me! I gave back a small shy smile and continued walking to my class. 

 

When I got to my classroom there was a big pile of roses on my desk. As I walked up to it I could hear people snicker, 'well damn Mark who's your lover?' I of course thought someone may have put it on the wrong desk. There was also a card on there.

 

 

I see you reflected in today’s sunlight

You are crazily radiantYou plant the sun in my heart

Let’s you and I be together today

Will you be by my side, by my side

Can I hold your hand? Don’t be shy

Today we come together

Today you are especially lovely to me

Tonight is our Just one chance

Can I hug you? Don’t be afraid

Today we come together

Meet me at the courtyard right after school, don't be late :)) 

 

 

I was beyond confused yet flattered at the same time. I honestly wonder who it can be. It's not like I do anything for anyone to notice me anyways. 

 

 

After class I was debating whether or not I should still slide in the letter to Jackson. I thought why not since he'll never know who it's from anyways. As I passed his locker, I made sure no one was around to see me do so. Just in case. Jackson is a pretty popular guy and I would have no doubt that someone would try and tell him that I put something in his locker. I carefully slid it in and walked away as quickly as possible. 

 

Throughout the day it was pretty normal for me. Besides the fact I would see a couple everywhere I turn. I had tucked away my roses safely in my locker and the note in my pocket so I made sure it was there. To be honest I was actually very excited. Even though I know my heart wants Jackson, I can't help but think my admirer hiding away that finally wants to meet me. 

 

 

After School......

As the final bell rang, school was over and everyone was dismissed. I quickly packed my stuff and made sure I had the note. I was even the first one out the door. Walking out to the courtyard I was getting nervous. What if this was all just some stupid prank? 

 

I sat by a nearby bench and waited. It was a good ten minutes but there was nothing. I knew it. I thought. No one would ever want me. They just like to play with my feelings. I wiped the tears away from my eyes before more would fall. As I slowly stood up I could hear soft music and singing behind me. 

 

 

I see you reflected in today’s sunlight

You are crazily radiantYou plant the sun in my heartLet’s you and I be together today

 

 

Will you be by my side, by my side

Can I hold your hand? Don’t be shyToday we come togetherToday you are especially lovely to meTonight is our Just one chanceCan I hug you? Don’t be afraid

Today we come together

 

That voice, I know it anywhere. It's low and raspy but the sweet singing was utterly beautiful. 

 

Let me hold your hand

Atop this blue ocean, look at me baby

hug me now lady

You drive me crazy

With the cool breeze, the two of us

Let me hold your hand

Embrace me atop this blue ocean

Embrace me now

With the cool breeze, the two of us

 

That's when I turned around. My breathe had hitched and the tear that I had wiped away had started to run down my face like a waterfall. There singing was no other than Jackson Wang.  When we made eye contact he finished his verse and walked closer to me. He pulled out a white rose and handed it to me. Shakily I grabbed it and muttered a low thank you. He took my hand and kissed it.  

 

"Mark Tuan, will you be my valentine?" He asked so politely. I didn't even have the words to speak. I nodded quickly and latched onto him. His big arms wrapping around my waist as I brought my arms around his neck. We stayed like that for a while. I didn't want the perfect moment to end. 

 

Finally he was the one that pulled away first. "You wouldn't happen to be the one that wrote this did you?" He asked as he pulled the letter I had wrote to him. 

 

"Uhm y-yes I did." I stuttered shyly. He smiled. 

 

"I didn't know my laugh had that much of an effect on you." He laughed. It was a small chuckle that brought a smile to my face. 

 

"Anyways Markiepooh, I'm glad you feel that way." He said, his tone getting slightly serious. 

 

"Really?" I asked. 

 

"Mhm because you know what Mark Tuan. I love you too." He said. That's when I broke down again. How is this happening? Am I dreaming. 

 

Jackson smiled. "I've always liked you Mark and I'm not just saying that. I've seen you at lunch or walking to first period. You had always had my heart. Heck I even saw you put the letter in my locker. It's like I know where you are no matter what. If that doesn't seem creepy." He laughed as he wiped away my fallen tears. 

 

"I'm just glad I had the courage to bring you here because now, I get to call you mine.He emphasized which I loved. "I love you too Jackson Wang." I finally let out. I could feel him chuckle. "Anything for you Markie." 

 

"Oh and Jackson?" 

 

"Yes Mark?" He replied. 

 

"You know how Youngjae likes your friend JB right?" I asked out of the blue. 

 

"Actually I didn't know but JB is head over heels for your friend." He laughed softly. 

 

"Do you happen to know how to bring them together?" I asked him.  

 

"Yes in fact I have always wanted to see them together. Both of the are so scared to talk to each other." 

 

"Sounds like us." I laughed. 

 

"It's sure does." He agreed.

 

"So are we going to bring 2jae together?" 

 

"2jae? Hm. Yes let's do it." He agreed. "Oh and Mark?" He called out.

 

"Yes?" Before I need it, he gave me a quick peck on the lips that lasted no longer than two seconds. "Oh nothing." He smirked making my cheeks burn up.