Final

The Joke

"Hey babe! Are you ready?" Jiyong asked his long time girlfriend.

"I'm just packing some last minute stuff. Don't worry baby boy, I will not miss this for the world. " Dara answers. She is currently holding her cellphone between her right cheek and right shoulder, trying to finish her packing so she won't miss her flight to Japan.

"I can't wait for you to get here. I miss you already."

"You're so cheesy Kwon Jiyong. Who would've thought that Bigbang's fearless leader is a great big cheese ball."

"Only for you babe. For you, I'll be the biggest cheese ball you've ever met."

"Aigoo... Stop it. You're making me cringe." Dara says with a smile.

"Baby girl... can I ask a favor "

"What is it? "

"I was thinking... Can you come to the concert not as Bigbang's number one fan? "

"Eh? Whatever do you mean? "

"You know how whenever you come to our concerts, you always let your fans know on your SNS that you're here? "

"Yes? "

"Well this time, can you not tell them? "

"Why not? If I'm not coming as Bigbang's number one fan, then who do I come as?"

Jiyong hesitates. "Well, I'm sort of hoping you come as my baby girl and not as a noona coming to support her dongsaengs."

"Wae?" 

"I don't know, I just feel like being selfish this time and not sharing you. I want to have my girlfriend on this special occasion and not have to share you with our fans and your fans."

Dara can just imagine her boyfriend pouting and it puts a smile on her face. He's so cute when he does that. He's been supportive of her endeavors and he rarely asks her for anything so how could she say no. That doesn't mean she can make it easy for him though. A mischievious look crosses her pretty face.

"Hmmm...let me think... no!"

"Hmm...wae? Please jagi?"

"What will your members say if I didn't come to support them?"

"They know you support them. I don't know, I just want it to be like a secret only you and I know from our fans that my girlfriend is watching me this time. I don't even know if that makes sense. You don't have to..."

Dara smiles again. Her boyfriend can be so possesive at times.

"Aigoo... my baby boy really wants this huh? Arasso... only for you."

"Jinjja?"

"Ne. Okay, let me go so I can finish packing so I can get to my flight on time."

"Arasso. Be careful okay?"

"I will. See you in a bit."

 

The concert was a success as usual. The group and Dara and members of Winner who came to support their sunbaes have just finished their dinner. They were going to a club close by and as they neared the entrance, the chants of fans can be heard outside.

Dara looks nervously at Jiyong.

"Ji, there's a lot of fans out there. Maybe I should go ahead so they won't see me with you."

Dara turns to walk outside with her hoodie on trying to cover up her face. She kept her promise that she won't post anything about being at the concert but she's afraid of what the fans might say if they see her so she tries to cover her face while she waits for one of the guards to walk with her.

She has just walked out the door and she could hear the fans shouting trying to get the attention of their idols.

Great, they haven't noticed me. She thinks to herself. 

She was a bit shocked when she feels a hand on her head and was brought closer to a familiar body.

"Where are you going, Jagi?" he whispers.

"Ji...what are you doing? Your fans will see you."

"So? Let's walk together."

"You're gonna attract their attention."

"Don't worry, they didn't see your face."

"Ji, what will your fans say?"

"I don't care. I want to spend this moment with you." Jiyong leans in closer to whisper in her ear.

From a distance, Dara thought she heard her name. 

"Oh my god, Ji! They know I'm here." Dara whispers in a panic.

"They're just speculating." Still keeping a tight grip on her and covering her face with her hoodie but not tight enough that he's smothering her.

"No, they've seen me. You have to let me go."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure." 

"Okay, but let's still walk together okay?"

"Okay."

Jiyong reluctantly releases Dara and they tried to walk nonchalantly towards the club. As they near the entrance, Dara takes her hoodie off and just walks as if everything was normal.

 

THE NEXT DAY

Videos of the night flooded the internet, applers (G-dragon and Sandara Park shippers) were rejoicing at seeing how close the two were.

The two lovebirds are looking at the laptop together. Dara is panicking while Jiyong is calm as always.

"What are we going to do, Ji?" 

"Why don't we just tell them?"

"What?"

"You know I've been wanting to let the whole world know about us. It's in all of my songs. Only our true fans are smart enough to notice."

"You know, your other fans won't like it."

"If they were my true fans, they would support me no matter what."

"That's what we all want but that's not what happens. In their eyes, you're there for them." She continues to scan the internet and refresh the page from time to time.

Dara notices the article about them online. 

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/g-dragon-kisses-sandara-park-protects-crowd/

"Oh no. Now there's an article out? Sajangnim is not going to be happy."

"What do you want?"

"I don't want your fans to hate you or take their support away from you because of me."

"Like I said, they're not my true fans if they did that."

"Plus, it's not just you. The other boys will be affected too. This is Seunghyun's last appearance before he goes to the army. I really don't want the VIPs to take their support away in this crucial time."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Are you okay, if I give sajangnim the okay to deny everything again? I know we denied everything before because we didn't want the other 2ne1 girls to get embroiled in this too. But you've gone your separate ways. Should we still deny everything?"

"What do you think?"

"I told you what I want. What do you want?"

"Can we keep it a secret for a little bit longer? Like maybe we can tell them after all your promotions and your solo tour is done."

"Do you promise we'll reveal everything by then?"

"I promise."

"Okay, I'll let sajangnim know. Whatever comes out, you know that I love you right?" He looks into her eyes and kisses her.

"I know. I love you too." Then she kisses him again.

 

Jiyong's phone rings and it's YG himself. He puts the phone on speaker so Dara can hear him too.

"Yeoboseyo? Neh Sajangnim. You're on speaker phone. Dee is here with me."

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

"We've talked about it and we'll go along with whatever you think works for now. Dara is not ready for the world to know about us."

"Are you guys sure?"

Jiyong looks at Dara for a final approval. Dara nods at him.

"Yes, we're sure."

"Arasso. I'll get the PR team on it.

A few hours later this article pops up.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/yg-says-g-dragon-kissing-dara-was-a-joke

 

 

** Author's note: Thank you for reading. This scenario is a figment of my imagination.