White walls

Pacemaker

P A C E M A K E R

 

A small device that is placed on someone’s chest to control abnormal heart rhythms. It’s the final temporary procedure for people whose suffering from Hanahaki disease as it controls the urge to fall for the same person.

 

Tag: Post hanahaki disease | Light Angst | Unrequited Love | Vkook

 

GUIDE:  present |  flashback/thoughts  | "conversation"

CHAPTER 1. WHITE WALLS


 

 

The room was beaming with light coming across the windows. His eyes slowly fluttered on a dreamy like state as he stares across the door waiting for someone. He guessed he must be all right. That it was a success.

 

Because the brunette still feels normal.

 

His long fingers trail its way to his chest. Carefully touching the center, as if holding it not to break. He could feel the white bandages all over his torso constricting his movements which was okay with him – not that he minds at all. The wounds might still be fresh so he should be careful. Closing his eyes to concentrate, he patiently listened to the gentle pulse surrounding his core.

 

His heart was fine.

 

The brunette sighed in relief.

 

It seems that his hear beat was just as normal as it was. The sound of it was all he need as an assurance that the procedure went as it was promised. He slowly clutches the side part of the blanket to reel it closer to his body. His body felt cold, which was weird at first, but it can be the new normal now that the procedure’s over.

 

‘The normal temperature of your body will drop a little bit, Taehyung. When you notice it happens, you might feel a little lightheaded because your system is still on the process of figuring which feelings and memories needs to be sorted out. In a while, you must take this drug regularly.’ The doctor told him as he locked his eyes to his patient. He then hands Taehyung a bottle consisting of brightly colored blue pills.

 

Just then, an unwavering feeling of uneasiness settled within the brunette. He had just recalled a brief moment of what had transpired between him and his doctor within a few hours before his surgery. 

 

‘But what happens if you accidentally forget about it?’ he asked

 

The doctor briefly paused at the thought as he carefully chose his next words.  He had countless of patients who had undergone this type of procedure and he wouldn’t risk his career on the line to make his patients believe that everything will be all right as soon as they woke up. ‘You had just undergone surgery and your heart’s still healing, Taehyung. Never forget to pop a pill until I say so or otherwise…’

 

The brunette looked up to him unfazed at the sudden revelation.

 

‘I die, correct?’ 

 

It's not like it would become an issue to him. Of course he wouldn't be as stupid as he once were. The old Taehyung was so full of love that he even forgot why he got it in the first place, but now it will be different. As long as he's still breathing and can look at him in the eye without having the painful flutters that wanted to burst through his chest, he's fine with that. Besides, that guy's better off with Jimin anway since he's head over heels with his hyung since the beginning. Who was he to intervene that from happening? 

 

And as long as he he can conceal the  '☼' sun mark on his left shoulder together with the pills he's taking everything will be just the way it was... Normal. Because that's what real bestfriends should do.

 

 

They support each others happiness.

 


A.N.: Aaaaah! I've been itching to post this short chapter. So how was it? I truly appreciate your time reading this fic. I was planning on a doing heavy angst fic focusing on 'loneliness' and 'avoidance' on this one. I don't know how will it go but... I'll pour all my hear out to it. Please look forward for a rollercoaster ride of emotions with me.  I'll see you soon!