Without telling him

Without telling him

Yoo Shi-Jin was not okay with this. Not. In. Any. Way. Whose idea was it anyways? His Kang Mo-Yeon was a doctor, one who had seen way too much death already and has been in too much danger, so whose idea was it to send her on missions?!

“She has volunteered in many cases which became difficult situations and she knows how it works, and, I mean, she has you as boyfriend. She knows how this world works. And I’m the one who trained her.”

Shi-Jin choked on air and looked at his Lieutenant Colonel. “Excuse me, sir?”

“I’m the one who thought of it.”

Kang Mo-Yeon looked up when her door was forced open without any warning. The sight that greeted her was a fuming Shi-Jin, looking around as if he was searching his victim. It scared her.

When he apparently found his victim, he breathed in and out, only to tackle said victim down on the bed. They struggled for five minutes until Shi-Jin found the position acceptable, Mo-Yeon practically sitting on his lap but not being able to move in any way, and began to speak. “And what did you think you were doing?” Mo-Yeon flinched and it made Shi-Jin realize what he was doing, but he didn’t release her nor stop his actions.

Mo-Yeon frowned after getting over the shock. “What are you talking about?” Shi-Jin closed the distance between their heads and whispered in her ear: “You planning to go on those goddamn life-threatening missions without even telling your boyfriend!”

He laid his chin on her shoulder and breathed deeply in and out but Mo-Yeon was still trapped in the cage called Shi-Jins body, however, it felt less life-threatening than seconds before. “Now speak,” was the soft-spoken command. Mo-Yeon sighed and laid her head on her shoulder. “There are missions coming up in which a medic in the team will be better than having to return to the base every time someone is injured,” she replied with a calm voice. “It wasn’t your idea, was it?” he asked. Mo-Yeon shook her head softly. “No, it wasn’t, but I’m not against it.” Shi-Jin nodded, his anger was a little less. “But why do all this?” That he was less angry doesn’t mean he was anywhere near okay with it. “They need a good medic who could handle the situation. Myeong-Joo is stationed elsewhere so she can’t do it and apparently was I the next option, so I decided to do it.”

It became silent for the next few minutes. Mo-Yeon and Shi-Jin just listened to each other breaths. “Why didn’t you tell me?” It was silent for a bit more. “I knew you wouldn’t be happy with it and you would want to stop me, but I just want to help this country, this army and you.” Her voice became softer while nearing the end and it once again became silent. “You could have told me. I would have been mad, but I would have understood. It would have been better than finding this by getting told by my Lieutenant Colonel. I would have helped you train and you wouldn’t have to lie to me. So no more lies.” Shi-Jins anger was non-existing by now after he heard her reasoning, and even though he didn’t want to forgive her so fast, he could understand it. He could understand her. He could understand her want to save everything, but he didn’t want her to risk her life like he was doing.

They laid on her bed for the next hour. “On which team do they want to place you?” asked Shi-Jin. He had to accept it. It was her choice and if she wanted it he couldn’t stop her, but when she would do it he wanted to protect her as much as possible. She was his after all, his to protect and his to love. “I will be on your team,” she answered and he could feel a weight lift off his shoulders. He could protect her. Thank god.

Two years later, when they were cuddling in their bed chuckled Mo-Yeon. “What’s so funny?” asked her husband. “Just thinking about the time you found out I was going to join the alpha team,” she answered. Shi-Jin smiled silently, thanking god he could protect her and snuggled even closer. “I love you,” he said. Mo-Yeon turned around, facing Shi-Jin and kissed him softly on the lips. “I love you too.”


I hope you liked it ♥