How I Accidentally Named Your Mother, Yehana

How I Accidentally Named Your Mother, Yehana

It was way back in 2017, right before we debuted as Pristin. Life was great. I was a professional yodeller but Pledis never let me showcase it because yodelling was evidently not cool enough for them. We were young and fun and piquant and,,, yeah, that’s probably all we were back then.

All until one night when I ruined your mother’s life forever. I accidentally named her, Yehana. And that name stuck… forever.

Back in those days, I was truly, madly and deeply in love with your mother, Yewon (let’s call her Yewon for now because it kinda hurts both my heart and soul tremendously every time I have to say “Yehana”). Everyone knew I was so in love with her even that tall girl that I still don’t know the name of, Mingyeong?, Mingyeng?, Minkyeong?, Mingeong?. Honestly, no one really knew her name in the company.

It was on the anniversary of the day we witnessed the birth of Yewon’s mother’s niece’s father in law’s cow. It was really a magical time and I wanted her to cherish it forever.

Here’s how it went down.

“I HAVE A sONG I WANT 2 sING 4 U!!!” I yelled at her face as I pulled her aside near the broom cupboard. Back in those days, I was extremely awkward and I never knew what to do.

I cleared my throat, as a professional yodeller does. The clearance of the throat is definitely not the most pretty sound, as evident on Yewon’s face, but I made sure to do it as melodic as possible. I needed to make sure this day as memorable as possible.

My palms were sweaty.

Knees weak.

Arms are heavy.

However, I did not have vomit on my sweater already and my mom doesn’t know how to make spaghetti.

I wiped my sweaty hands on the edge of my pants.

“Okay, I will sing now,” I said triumphantly. As I took my last deep breath, I started choking on air.

“Hold... on…” I coughed and spluttered. Fortunately, as the lovely, perfect woman your mother is, she gave me water and waited for me to recover to sing my song. I felt like I was dying, but I needed to sing this. I needed to make this day special.

“Okay, I’ll sing for real this time,” taking one last breath.

“YEEEEEEEEEE,” I started. My voice was shaking from the nervousness but Yewon couldn’t tell from the extreme vibrato from the yodelling technique.

Wait, what was her name again? I thought it was impossible but I really did forget the love of my life’s name at that point in time.

“HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNANAAAA, I LOVE YOUUUUUU,” I continued.

Frick I got her name wrong.

I raised my eyes slowly to see what her reaction. There were tears.

Yes, mom, I made it.

Unfortunately, the tears weren’t from Yewon herself. It was from a staff member standing behind her with the face of pretends_to_be_shook.jpg meme with tears rolling down her face. Yewon’s face was indifferent to her usual face.

“That’s perfect,” the staff member muttered, her watery eyes glistened in the light before she her heels and headed to the CEO’s office to discuss what she had just witnessed.

And that kids, is how I accidentally named your mother, Yehana.

A/N: I wanted to change every “s” to “x” in this fic to honour xiyeon, the legend, but it was hard to reread. I’m not cool and edgy enough for that.