part ii

Blossom of Flowers and Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the weekdays after school or on weekends, Jongin visits the Serenity flower shop only to hang out with his older, cute boyfriend (Kyungsoo beg to differ that he is cute, nope he is manly) while occasionally enjoying the carnation tea made by the petite florist. Baekhyun, Luhan and Minseok somehow never fails to interrupt their intimate stares by obnoxiously loud remarks like 'eye-s are prohibited in the workspace, thank you' or 'we have enough love in the air right now, god just go out on dates'.

To avoid the insistent nags by the three florists - Kyungsoo knows that they are jealous of the attention Jongin gave him during work - he and the brown-haired boy plan to go out on a simple first date after business hour ends on a weekend, as in having dinner together or watching a movie in cinema because Kyungsoo isn't fond of extravagant arrangements. But then Jongin decides to alternate the plan and when Kyungsoo asks about it, the boy mentioned that it is a secret so he does not pry into the matter anymore. The brown-haired boy is always full of unexpected surprises.

As Kyungsoo and Jongin walk down the street with stupid wails accompanying their retreats ('Have fun and control yourself, Soo-ah!' - Luhan and Baekhyun), the young boy is quick to interlace their pinky fingers subtly which had the older blushes in retaliation and he squeezes the finger affectionately to the touch.

"Hyung, how about we take a walk around the park? I want to eat ice cream!" Jongin exclaims happily to his boyfriend while slightly swinging their intertwined fingers back and forth.

Seeing the joyous expression on the boy's face, Kyungsoo couldn't reject the offer, not when he himself craves for the sweet treat on the sunny evening. "Of course, Jongin-ah."

The couple walks side by side without rush as they begin to talk about their personal lives like their birthdays which they couldn't get over the fact that the dates are literally a day interval to each other and their ages where Kyungsoo is finally aware that Jongin is in his last year of high school while the florist himself is 21 years old. Love knows no boundaries when it comes to your ages.

Without Jongin and Kyungsoo realises, they already arrive at the park situated in the heart of the town, children running around chasing each other happily while parents observing in silence. The couple wastes no time to go to an ice cream booth set up there, a girl patiently waiting for their orders behind the small counter, noting a large cup of mint chocolate chip for Jongin and a small cup of vanilla-strawberry swirl for Kyungsoo. It takes a few minutes to decide who is paying (Kyungsoo insists that he should pay for the sweet confection as he is the older in the relationship while Jongin said that he wanted to repay for the free orchid bouquet) and in the end, they both pay for their own ice creams.

The lovebirds walk around the park to find a secluded place to sit on while enjoying their sugary treats. Once they found an available bench under a shade tree, they sit themselves down and continue eating in silent.

It is then Jongin start the conversation, cutting the peaceful quietness. "Kyungsoo-hyung," the boy fiddles with the plastic spoon in his hand, "if I say that I have a secret, would you force me to spill it?"

Kyungsoo instantly stops enjoying his ice cream. "What?! Why should I force you to spill your secret??"

"I mean, don't you want to know about my private matters? Or whatever my thoughts are? I am well aware that people say trust is essential in a relationship, so aren't you curious about me?" The boy interjects back, frown adorns the handsome face.

The older puts down his ice cream cup on the empty space of the bench as he faces the young male to carefully resolve the sudden sensitive subject. "Jongin," Kyungsoo places his hand on top of the boy's wiggling hand for assurance, "I don't know why do you think like that, but I would never force you to talk about your secrets unless it is at your own will, sweetheart. Private matters are something to be told to your most entrusted person and even though we are boyfriends, that doesn't mean I already gained your faith. We have a long journey to discover about each other, so don't ponder too much if that's your concern, alright? Like I said, you can always tell me when you are ready." He soothingly talks in mild tone. Kyungsoo doesn't know why his boyfriend suddenly started the fragile conversation on their first date, but he does not like it when Jongin thinks too much. The boy looks like he is contemplating about the matter and nobody wants a sullen partner on their eventful day.

So to cheer up Jongin's mood, the older decided to feed his ice cream to the young boy. Kyungsoo swiftly scoops the slowly melting confection with his spoon before nudging them to his boyfriend's lips delicately as to not surprise the other. "Jongin, say 'ah'!"

The brown-haired boy only grins in return before opening his mouth to taste the vanilla strawberry swirl ice cream of his partner's. The crescent eye smile is back on Jongin's face as he claims that the confection is sweet, but not as sweet as his mint chocolate chip ice cream which Kyungsoo beg to differ. The boy then reciprocates the older's effort by feeding his own treat to Kyungsoo where the florist couldn't deny the fact that mint tastes stronger than strawberry would, sadly. Jongin beams gleefully to the response.

After taking a selca with their ice-cream smeared spoons on their lips, they decide to walk around the park one more time to enjoy the late evening scenery, the sky is overwhelmed with crimson and amber-tinted clouds as the glorious sun hides on the horizon. Children are no more be seen running around as parents drag them to their safety confine of their homes, and street lamps emit light automatically along the park. Jongin takes the chance to properly hold Kyungsoo's hand in his, big palm hovers over the ivory, rough hand and he intertwines their fingers boldly since there are no witnesses to see their interaction.

Kyungsoo then drags his boyfriend towards the famous night street food stores next to the park where the mingling scent of delectable foods greets their sense of smell immediately, stomachs protesting in hunger. They instantly chuckle while walking down the busy street, pointing to various mouth-watering foods in display. Somehow, Jongin bought a plate of takoyaki and fish cake skewers while Kyungsoo has spicy rice cakes and sweet pancakes in his hold. Together they share their portions for dinner, once again feeding each other until they both are full.

"Hyung, I actually think that we should eat the ice creams after we were done with heavy meal instead," Jongin told Kyungsoo as they wash their hands and wiping their oily mouths in a public restroom. The older just smirks in response as he glances up to meet his boyfriend's eyes from the reflection of the mirror, "Well, blames on who wanted to buy ice cream in the first place." The boy only pouts and keep silent about the matter. As long as their stomachs are satisfied with the amount of food consumed.

Later on, when Jongin insists that they should go to a certain place with his and the older's hands clasped together, Kyungsoo watches the stars littered on the night sky with the companion of the full moon in wonder. The time seems to pass by slowly when the diamonds up the black atmosphere follow their tracks along the way to where they are heading to, and once Kyungsoo realises it, they are at the end of the town, right in front of inky forest that no one would willing to pass by at nights.

The older turns around to see his boyfriend held up his hand closer to the pink, plump lips and assuringly kiss the back of his hand tenderly. "Hyung, do you trust me?" Jongin asks his company in low voice.

Kyungsoo gulps down the lump in his throat when he meets the brown orbs that he falls in love with, reflecting the dim street light above them. He doesn't know what to expect beyond the dark boundary because he never went past the smooth pavement he is stepping to the rough, uneven surface of soil across his spot as he does not trust the concealed blackness. But there are emotions swirling in Jongin's almo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter