My Violin-ella Prince

❦♬My Violin-ella Prince♬❦[Henry Lau Oneshot]

          The warm sun was high in the spring sky, but the air was still a bit chilly. It was only a few days after spring had just begun. It was now time for school to come back again.

          You were excited while your friends, Luna and Amber, groaned and complained that break ended a bit too soon. You laughed at their complaints and hooked arms with them and led them towards your university.

          Since the few weeks, by your eyes it felt as if Star Music University had changed. Maybe it was the color that was being reflected off of the red brick walls or the new born spring leaves, but it was still the second home for you.

          As you walked by, people greeted you with a warm smile and some even hugged you as you gave them the sincere greeting back to them equally or sometimes twice as much. Even people you didn’t know knew you. Why? You were quite known in your campus for being the warm-hearted prodigy.

          Warm-hearted because of your innocence and ability to not hate others and greet random people being the bubbly person you are.

          Prodigy because of your amazing musical talents; the ability to reach a note off the scale with grace and able to make any man, or woman, swoon by your soprano voice and graceful ballet.

          It was now your second year as a junior in SM, a common nickname for your university. And you were training to be Broadway star; many criticized your dreams but your main goal wasn’t to become famous. It was to be on stage and show off your wonderful talents.

          Sure SMU is expensive and you worked your way hard to come onto campus as a second year, but you weren’t greedy. You were going to school to do what you like and to do what you love. And SMU gave you the perfect opportunity with a full-paid three year scholarship.

          Some students even added entertainment to the ending to make it sound like SM Entertainment. They thought it fit the school nicely due to the fact that only the best majors of the Korean Republic came to attend the school to be the best and many were able to sign a contract with a music industry right after graduation. Many alumni like TRAX, BoA, and even the idol sensation Super Junior came by once in a while to speak with the students in SMU.

          *Someday it’s going to be me on that stage* you thought to yourself as you watched all the famous alumni come and go from the stage welcoming students, new and old. And now it was time for a special stage from one of the alumni and your close seunbaes, Super Junior.

          They danced fiercely to the mostly R&B and heavy dance pop-rock song they prepared especially for SMU (but also their newest single), “Don’t Don”.  Their dark clothes and crazy hairstyles did explain the song but you felt something was missing. It needed something that sparked the preservation they talked about.

          You were whispering with Amber to you left about how the music and words didn’t match the style they chose, when suddenly the dance break came along. The auditorium dimmed as a spotlight showed a boy around your age holding a large letter ‘J’ with a bow.

          But you were surprised at the fact the letter was a violin! And his solo was breathtaking as he added some robotic smooth moonwalks revolving a circle on stage. He would make dramatic strikes and poses as he stringed his violin. His serious yet concentrated face made you want to listen to him forever. He was exactly what the song needed. His solo showed the preservation of the light mentioned by your seunbaes.

          As you leaned towards the stage, you could hear the faint betas of drums. But you didn’t really notice that the sound of the drums were actually your heartbeat.

          Ba-Thump! Ba-Thump! Ba-Thump!

          You put a hand over your chest were you heart should’ve been and leaned towards the stage once more but little did you suspect what would happen next. Right as he was about to finish, he turned his head and glanced at you right in the eye. You were taken back at first, and then your heart beat fastened.

          He gave you a smile and winked at you then walked back into the darkness behind the SuJu members. He was gone. But you kept reminding yourself you would go up to stage and congratulate your old friends, and the new one whom you would soon make.

          All the members came and hugged you and bombarded you with questions.

          “Did you see us?”

          “Did you like it, _____?”

          “Aren’t we the best oppas you’ve ever seen?”

          You giggled at them and nodded your head, “Seunbaes were awesome!” But your mind wasn’t totally on them; you were looking around to find the mysterious violin prince that already seemed to have captured your heart.

          But like on stage, he disappeared.  You looked around everywhere on stage and asked your seunbaes. But like you, they had no idea where he went. But they gave you a name. Henry. Henry Lau.

          For the next few days, you searched the entire campus hoping to find him or even catch a glimpse of him. Stalker? No, it wasn’t as likely. More like finding a person you really wanted to know more about and how you made your heart move.

          He was never found. It seemed like he came and left like the music he created. You remembered every note from the solo. Every move he made. Something about him, just something. *If only I knew that smile was really for me* you thought as you kicked a nearby pebble and made your way back into class.

♬❦♬❦♬❦琴弦♬❦♬❦♬❦

          After graduation, you were given the opportunity to sign a contract with Nabucco, the National Opera of Korea. They loved how your voice was graceful yet beautiful when it reached the highest scale. And now it was time for our final solo before the end of the night. You bowed to the audience before you when you arrived to the middle of the stage.

          You were in the middle front of an orchestra ensemble right in front of the conductor. As you sang, people were captivated and astounded by the young voice that sang "Voi che sapete" from "Le nozze di Figaro" by Mozart. But little did the audience know; the song was revised.

          In the middle you had a break in order to prepare for the ending with a high C. During the break was a violin solo. But you recognized the style the music was being played. This was the first time they were playing it with your break because the composer added it in today.

          What kind of professional would add in a piece right before the show? None. But they had to make adjustments for the sick violin player and replaced with a new one that had a style totally different from the last.

          You turned your head to see the familiar face. Your eyes widened at who it was.

          It was him. Henry. The one you were looking for all those times. You were so shocked you had to cover your mouth in order to keep the tears from falling. Then he looked at you.

          He smiled that smile as he did three years ago. The same wink. And they were all directed to you; you couldn’t help but smile back.

You finally found your lost violin prince.