final

The Silent Conversation

final

886f6b16bcef50a4ebf286b9152a4949.gif

 

   There were several instances where he found himself subconsciously looking to the left, then abruptly snapping back to look at the front where his attention should truly be focused on. He shook his head slightly as to give himself a frustrated reminder to snap out of this temptation of his, a mental note to not look.

Keep it together, Sehun. Don't look, just don't. Midterms are in a week, she's just a girl. Just a girl in school.

But reminders can be both significant and insignificant. However, with his uncontrollable habit of turning his head, the reminder has once again proved itself to be completely insignificant and irrelevant as his mind got the better of it.

Just a classma- this is so not working. Okay, one peek – okay, no, scratch that... just one last proper glance.

"Just one..." He whispered wistfully.

Sehun deemed a proper glance would do the trick, a peek through the corner of his eyes wouldn't suffice; it certainly won't do. Sehun then slowly lifted his notebook filled with mindless scribbles and doodles, mindless or mindful, who knows? This has been a normal reoccurrence for Sehun as he tries to take his mind off of her by trying to pay attention to the front. His scroodles consists of both of somewhat readable psychology notes and her name, which clearly doesn't make any sense. One moment it's psychology terms and her name the next.

He pretended to fiddle around his notebook, squinting at his writing as though trying to make sense of what he wrote – a complete ploy to make things seem as the norm. He then glanced towards his upper left, towards her, noting how good she looks as she was seated beside the window. The warm sunlight illuminated her face in all the right places, making her look ethereal as it seemed as though she was covered in a soft halo. Her lustrous, shiny hair cascading down her shoulders every so gracefully. She was just glowing.

She on the other hand was actually paying attention to the front, diligently taking down notes – switching in between red, blue and black pens every now and then. Sehun somehow found the sight adorable and extremely endearing. She cocked her head to one side ever so slightly; it was just a small, unnoticeable movement but of course Sehun caught it, and internally, he was a squealing mess at the sight of her crinkling her nose and lightly pursing her lips in annoyance. She probably used the wrong coloured pen as she uses the red pen to highlight important keywords, blue for titles and black for just about everything else. Yes, Sehun knows it all. She clearly has Sehun's full and undivided attention as he managed to notice her habits and patterns.

He winced as his notebook fell with a rather loud thud as his heart got the better of him, making him lose focus and control over his own limbs. Then and there, her attention naturally gravitated towards the rather loud sound, completely causing Sehun to look away from her at that very instant. He felt the tips of his ears turning warm at the thought of her looking at him, though he cursed gravity for being such a salty and causing her to turn towards his direction, halting him from taking her in further as he promised himself one last peek. He softly groaned in displeasure.

You got your peek. Game time, Oh Sehun. You need to ace psychology. you, gravity.

 


 

   Sehun was one of the most prized student in school, worshiped even. He was H-O-T-T hott, outgoing, socially confident, smart, and he knew how to win over and influence people, at the same damn time, he managed to make it seem natural. But he clearly pulled the strings well as he maintained his image as the model student and being respectful. This was the thing about him, he was the best, yet he wasn't the best. Contradictory, yes, but understandable. He was most certainly not the best at studies or sports, but clearly everyone seemed to have overlook that. He was the guy who would always be the school's rep in any sort of competition; chess, mathletes, soccer, hockey everything. He was even chosen as the Student Body President  even though there were tonnes of people that would have been more than qualified and suited for the job than he ever could be.

However, if there was one thing he was good at, it was manipulation.

The art and beauty of manipulation,  it's just unexplainable; people will have different views upon it. It is something both good and bad, but in his case, he saw it as something good. He did not pave his way through with bribes, nor did he use any sort of villainous acts or deceitful wiles. He used his skillful, ingenious, sugar-coated tongue, and everything would work out fine. Oh, and his charming smile definitely helped out a lot too, maybe the way his eyes formed crescents played a huge part in his success as well. There was no known sort of situation in which that tongue of his, couldn’t come into use. The chances and probability of that situation is most highly unlikely. At least, not until… 

Her.

Her name was Shin Seyi. She just had the most beautiful voice ever; modulated, fruity, it's just as if velvet and honey had a lovechild – that would be it. It was a voice you'd forever wish to hear. There was also a sense of maturity about her. She wasn’t the best either. She was pretty, but not the prettiest (although Sehun would clearly disagree); she was sharp, bright and intelligent, but not the smartest; she was witty, charming and sociable, but not the most popular. She was always somewhere in between, just like him, and she accepted it that way. She wasn’t that good with words, however, she wasn't as skillful as Sehun when it comes to words. But her actions were enough to be considered the element of surprise in his books, it was just above and beyond.

She would smile whenever she saw him, giving him a respectful bow when their eyes meet. Sehun wondered if she'd ever stop bowing as they've clearly passed the stranger-danger, acquaintance stage, or so he says as the only two  interactions they've ever had was her passing a stack of papers to him and him passing her pen that managed to roll off her desk, the end, that was literally it. He did find it endearing that she was respectful to all her peers and superiors but somehow, it just felt wrong and uncomfortable. He felt as though he was grouped with the others (not that he deserved special treatment or whatever for his title) but it was simply just because he wanted to be something so much more, he wanted to mean so much more to her.  She was never too shy or too confident; she was just Seyi, she never bragged but she could do many things, a lot of things really. She sang a lot, lightly but joyfully dancing to the song of her choice as to what moves she deems fit. She would sing whenever she wanted to and he would enjoy it a lot, all from a distance.

They were two very different contrasting characters though not as contrasting as black and white, yet quite similar at the same time as if they were just meant to click-ish. He didn’t know whether she had realised it yet, for he was a hundred percent sure she wasn’t even fully-aware of his presence – existence even, although he is a very well-known student in school, as she seems to treat him like every other person out there who you would most definitely end up passing by at school but have no possible recollection of if you were to ask her a question about the said person; the group of people that just fades into the background, the back of her memory to be more precise, although Sehun is clearly the type of guy people would and most definitely remember (not in her books, sadly), but to him however, she was the jigsaw piece he had always been looking for.

But there was nothing he could do, for he was the star studded student, the one and only, Oh Sehun. The worshipped and prized, Sehun. Of course, nothing was stopping him or prohibiting him from striking up an actual, hopefully decent conversation, an actual legitimate interaction with her, one she'd hopefully remember, one he'd clearly engrave and etch onto his mind. Clearly, she was the bane of his skillful tongue, his kryptonite even (that would be pushing it but Sehun seems to disagree), she was the source of his hidden utter lameness and the little, insecure putty he really is on the inside. She brought all that up, she's definitely a keeper in his mind.

There was just this tiny little thought that disturbed him, that inhibited him from initiating contact as it made him jittery by just thinking about it. It didn't seem sane enough to initiate contact unless there was a reason to do so, besides his feelings, of course. For she barely knew him, and he knew her so well-ish; from his observations, of course, he was afraid, and yes, Oh Sehun, who always had the best image, was afraid that he wouldn’t give her the best image of himself, although a good image of himself would clearly suffice. But, there was nothing he could conjure or manipulate to her either, as she clearly would've picked it up. She was so just much in between, that, he only had a rather fuzzy but warm sense of her character. It all resulted to one single thing – keeping a distance, and hoping, praying, that everything would all come naturally.

Watching... as watching can be defined as looking at something for a period of time, especially something that is changing or moving or in Sehun's words, nothing more than looking. If two people look at each other, things will or would most likely develop into a conversation, whether audible or not, becomes another question. Debatable but acceptable. But if a person looks at another, it is merely just looking, most often gone unnoticed by the other. In a way, whether tragically or ironically, looking at someone but not getting noticed, can be phrased to be unrequited. And thus, as he struggled to take control of his compulsive habit of just staring, he found a pair of curious, doe-like eyes looking back at his. For the moment, an innocent, non-manipulative and inaudible conversation was started. 

The silent conversation.

SEHUN_7_zpsa03db9a8.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

13/02/2017

Aaaaaand, that completes The Silent Conversation. Word count: 1759. I exceeded the 1.5k mark by 259 words, it was actually wayyy less but sighs. I know it's definitely not much but I'm okay with the length, cause I don't know if I can write a tera, peta, exa-long chapter. It's hard, yo. I even found it hard to not use someone's name in the story, kudos to vanillasushi for being able to not use a name and like maintaining the anonymity of the OC in her stories. Hard, sighs. Oh, and is the font okay? I normally type in the size 11 on a 100% zoom level, so 14 is different.

There aren't any conversations in here, unless you count monologues. It's rather a view from a one-sided descriptive, narrative point. But yeah, this story shows what one who's shy or like even a tad bit shy would ponder on; if he or she should make the first move (something that I'll most likely never do) or glancing, peeking or blatantly staring at someone (I'd be okay with this but even with the slightest head movement from the other, I'd look away…)

So yeah, this is The Silent Conversation. I'm quite happy with it really, even with the non-existent conversations, I'd like to believe we can have a silent conversation although it somewhat screams wack to me. Indecisive, I know. Sighs. But at least Sehun and the OC has a silent conversation, an interaction, ayyy. But yeah, I never actually expected to finish it, I had a different ending in mind at first but I think I like this one better. So, I am very happy and pleased with myself. I hope you enjoy it as well and judge my writing as so far only my friends and my English teacher has been blessed (jk), read and assesed, criticised, etc my writing.

I actually searched for other gifs (from the ones in the foreword/description page) and I have a lot. I didn't have the heart to leave it all out, I actually narrowed it down too. Sighs. So, here's the gifs I'd like to use but decided against it. WARNING GIF HEAVY.

 

tumblr_nwp86erXhs1sblhg1o3_400.gif

Sehun when he's trying to look/glance/peek at OC but has something/someone blocking his view OR he's about to get caught staring/looking. So, he plans to turn but he takes his time cause he still wants to have her in his field of vision (more to the first gif).

 

tumblr_inline_nly3bpsUj11tqnbgm.gif

56ee450b2f9e9d49b87c2116dd82c723.gif

4aeb236ca576c7a329f612bf1dc16d5b.gif

Sehun when he stops looking and smiles to himself while shaking his head (in joy or dismay, who knows?) after satisfying his looking/staring needs. After he's seen something cute or whatnot, and like feeling accomplished with himself for noticing it.

 

tumblr_inline_ng0w7qAJJM1rnnu9d.gif

tumblr_inline_ns09uyc8kD1twlqcp_500.gif

tumblr_inline_nqzj2tdmu91r7ygcg_500.gif

Almost the same with the above: fanboying over OC or Sehun's reaction after having the two minor interactions with the OC. 

 

b1b264c13943e04ecd3aeaa88af93548.gif

tumblr_inline_o3zsp91r7Y1rqrx5f_500.gif

tumblr_o5h7rmhW5u1s1vggpo3_500.gif

Sehun staring at a distance from the lockers, amused, and watching the OC sing and dance. He looks away briefly if anyone passes by or something. And he's enjoying it a lot. 

 

Cl9eIE-WMAAdJqQ.jpg

Not a gif, but just Sehun trying to look natural when he glances/stares at the OC.

 

And that's the end of the Sehun gif chronicles. 

Thanks for reading!