Chapter 3 - The First Meeting

Stolen Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A recap from the last chapter,

“Here you go.” Yoonri gave one cup to Yoonmi. Yoonmi muttered ‘thanks’ and took a sip. Yoonri looked around and still no sign of their brothers and Hyun.

“Seriously, what are they doing in there?” She asked frowning. Yoonmi sighed shaking her head. “I’d like to know too.”

“How about we take a look around at this floor and meet them later. Text Yugyeom and say to him where we are going.” Yoonri said.

“Might be a good idea.” Yoonmi groaned couldn’t wait any longer. Never knew waiting for guys could be this long. Both of them started walking with Yoonmi struggled trying to find her phone inside her handbag.

But suddenly someone bumped into her and spilled her cappuccino. Before neither Yoonmi nor Yoonri could give any reaction, someone else already whining out loud and cussed.

“What the hell!”

“Oh my, I’m so sorry.” Yoonmi immediately apologized after grasping at the situation. She focused more to her cappuccino and the victim of her drink.

“I’m sorry. I was just,”

“NO, YOU ARE NOT SORRY!” The woman barked at her, “AND YOU ARE NOT FORGIVEN AT ALL!” Yoonmi stunned and looked at the face of the woman in front of her but she was only focusing on her outfits.

“Look at my clothes. Do you know how much are these?’ She pointed at her whole outfits.

Yoonri who stood beside Yoonmi scoffed slightly but loud enough for the tigress to hear her. Before the woman could say anything Yoonri started to say what was in her mind.

“Please, it’s only a few stains. Not gonna hurt you.”

Yoonmi looked at the woman’s clothes and yes, Yoonri was right. Then Yoonmi looked at her own blouse. She was the one who should be crying because half of her drink spilled on her own blouse actually.

Yoonmi with her own clothes while Yoonri focused at the Chihuahua, both of them hadn’t realized that there were more eyes watching both of them. Four pair of eyes.

The woman turned and faced a grey-haired male beside her.

“Jimin, look at me. Look at what she’s done to my clothes.”

Before the one named Jimin could say anything, one of them with blonde hair spoken first with expressionless face.

“Please, you have tons of clothes anyway. You speak like you have to wash your clothes with your hands.”

“Shut up Taehyung.” Finally the named Jimin of course sided for his whiny girlfriend didn’t notice that the one named Taehyung just showed his careless face at the situation and just shrugged at the one who seemed younger than him.

Jimin then looked at Yoonmi like she just did a big sin.

“Don’t you think you should say sorry?”

Yoonmi frowned.

“I did in case you didn’t hear me. Instead of looking at her clothes, she’s not in the place where she should earn my apology.” Yoonmi pointed at her own peach blouse.

“You should admit that you’re at fault here.” The one with orange hair who had been standing next to the couple said.

“Are you blind?” Yoonri questioned him even though the guy was talking to her sister just now. She couldn’t accept the fact that these two guys blaming her older twin sister.

“No but she’s the one that is blind.” The guy already turned his attention to Yoonri. The youngest face among them tugged the sleeve of the one that just called Yoonmi blind.

“Hoseok hyung, that’s enough.”

But this Hoseok guy just ignored his friend and continued glaring at Yoonri who was giving her bored eyes.

“My sister is not blind because she was looking for her phone inside her bag while she,” Yoonri pointed right at the devil’s face with a sinister glare, “…obviously didn’t use her eyes to avoid people walking in front of her. This is a mall, not a stage for her to walk alone like this is her place.”

Yoonmi just nodded vigorously in her mind. Not forget to mention she had four ‘bodyguards’ with her but all of them were blind as well. Pity.

Jimin stepped up and slapped Yoonri’s hand away that was pointing at his ‘girlfriend’. Well, maybe she was his girlfriend but who cares, obviously not the twins. Jimin stood in front of Yoonri putting his girlfriend behind him, being a shield he was.

“How dare you point your finger at my girlfriend?”

Yoonmi scoffed at stood between Jimin and her sister.

“How dare you slap her hand?”

“Okay can we please cut all this bull before everyone focus right over here.” The one with baby face who had been watching finally said.

Yoonmi scoffed at the vulgar words.

Taehyung just sighed and hugged his friend’s shoulder.

“Just let them be, Jungkook. Let them sort this out to their hearts content and of course until Sejin noona satisfied as well.” Then he looked around totally uninterested.

While the devil herself was enjoying the moment because she had two males do the scolding and ‘lecturing’ for her.

“Yes, let them have it. Unlike some, I have boyfriend to back me up.”

Yoonmi’s eyebrows lifted.

“You mean ‘boyfriends’ seeing how both of them react to your useless whining.”

“Boohoo, she nailed it!” Jungkook tried his best holding his laughter with his fist near his mouth while Taehyung gawked at her totally ‘amazed’.

Right after what Yoonmi said, the atmosphere turned tense, well to Jimin and Hoseok actually.

Sejin immediately looked awkward and stepped in front of Jimin with a tough facade.

“Shut up! You don’t even know anything, , or should I say,” She halted and looked at both Yoonmi and Yoonri, “…es.” She ended her words.

Well, wrong move. Cat fight is something they can deal with anywhere, anytime and how long will it takes but not insults.

Like a mirror, both Yoonmi and Yoonri opened the cap of their cold drinks and finished them by spilling right on top of Sejin’s head earning a long gasp from her like a gasp when her Gucci whatsoever just got ruined. The four males backed away immediately totally surprised.

Yoonmi took the empty big plastic cup from Yoonri and stacked it together with hers before giving them to Jimin. Jimin took it without conscious.

“Don’t forget to throw it away later…”

“…since she’s the one who finished our drinks.” Yoonri continued. Then both of them walked away leaving the four shocked males and Sejin with her crimson face totally embarrassed because people were watching her way.

 

------------

 

It had been few days since that incident with the Devils wear Prada. Yoonmi and Yoonri forgot about it the day after and continued their daily routines normally. After they got back, the twins bid their goodbyes. Then with Yoonmi’s car, they went back to their apartment after had dinner outside.

And just like that they forgot about what happened in the mall. Yugyeom surprised seeing his sister with stained clothes. Yoonri immediately suggested they should buy new shirt or something so she could get out from her stained blouse of course with a little lie about the stain, saying that Yoonmi spilled it accidently.

But they say past is the past. To them it’s not like they will meet those people again. If only they knew.

Yoonmi looked at her watch. It’s almost 5:30…she should go home soon. She just needed to stack few files and give them to her boss. But someone else already knocked her table.

“Knock knock.”

Yoonmi turned and found Mark sitting on the edge of her table. Since she worked as his assistant, her table was located only outside of his office so it had been like a routine for him to nag at her for going home too late and Yoonri might wait for her with a grumpy face. Yoonri knew Mark as well and she always reminded him to make Yoonmi’s go home on time and not overwork.

“Hey, boss.” Yoonmi greeted jokingly. “What are you still doing here? I thought you already went home.”

Mark sighed. “The question is what are you still doing here, my friend? What did I say about working too hard? And please stop calling me that. It’s weird.” Mark frowned at the end of his sentence but his face still looked handsome.

“I’ve said it before, when we’re inside the office; I should call you that as a respectful manner…”

“But not when we’re alone. I’m telling Yugyeom you’re being hard-headed and I’m telling Yoonri you’ve been overworking and push yourself too hard.”

Yoonmi just laughed.

Soon, both of them already left their current floor. Mark straight headed to the basement parking lot after they stopped at the lobby since Yoonmi just parked her car outside the building near the front entrance.

She was walking when she saw two men in black standing right in front of her car. Her steps got slower and watched the two men, confused. Those two men were standing with their hands behind them and eyes looking around like a hawk underneath those black shades.

As she got closer it was like the two bulky men could sense her presence. They turned their head at her and stood straight.

“Ma’am, we’ve been waiting for you.” One of them said.

“Me? You’ve been waiting for me?” Yoonmi asked and pointed at her face. She didn’t know how to react. Should she trust them? Duh, of course wise people won’t trust strangers. Or should she just run to the driver seat and leave? Unfortunately these two were blocking her way.

“Here.” The other one handed her a phone politely with both hands. Yoonmi hesitated. If these two men wanted to kidnap her, they should already dragged her away with a black van or something but their politeness and behaviour made her doubt that they wanted to kidnap her or sell her off somewhere.

At the end, Yoonmi took the phone and put it on her right ear. She didn’t say anything and just waited for the person on the other side to begin it first. Less than five seconds, someone started to speak.

“Don’t be afraid, sweetie. It’s me, your father.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter