Act 2

I KNOW SECRETS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook sighed in the 20th time this morning. He can’t concentrate on anything since yesterday. The thought of Ara spreading rumors keeps on bugging him. He didn’t even get a good night sleep thinking about it.

She said she won’t tell a soul. As if she can trick me on believing that lie. Jungkook said to himself.

Since yesterday he’s been plotting all kinds of blackmailing he can think of but none of it seems fitted to her base on how she defy Jungkook. This is not going to be easy.

 

 

 

 

Witnessing Jungkook argue with his step-mother while he’s crying had put Ara in danger but luckily she managed to escape yesterday, though she’s not sure how long she can hide from Jungkook since they’re attending the same school.

She’s not even over with her issue with him and now another problem arrived.

“You’re the one who saw me yesterday.” Ara gulped when the man stated his concern. He looks like a delinquent—like someone who will throw someone on a trash bin or mock her for being such a nosy person.

How come another black hole threatens to swallow her peaceful high school life?

Hoseok noticed that he’s scaring Ara by his way of speaking so he cleared his throat to try to show a much softer face. “Don’t be scared. I don’t bite.” He said.

He’s been accused by many of being a delinquent although he is not and even though he keeps on explaining and showing them that he is the opposite they find it hard to believe. Hoseok had already prepared to be misunderstood so he didn’t expect Ara not be scared just because he said it.

But much to his surprise Ara did relaxed like she actually believed what he said.

“Please don’t be scared, I just want to discuss to you what you saw yesterday.” Ara can see that his words are genuine and he’s not that scary as he looks like.

“Okay.” At least this man wants to settle the issue calmly not like Jungkook who only knows how to handle things in a harsh way.

“I know that having part time jobs is against the school policy and confessing what you discover to the faculty is a normal thing to do. But.” Hoseok bit his lip before continuing. “I beg you. Don’t tell it to anyone.”

Again. Ara doesn’t understand why they always assume that people around them will gossip what they had seen. She’s not the type of person who will do that so why is she in this kind of situation again? Honestly, she didn’t even care and not once did it pass to her that she will complain it to the faculty.

But what if she say that she doesn’t really care at all? There’s a chance that he won’t believe just as Jungkook didn’t. So by this time she needs to take this matter in a different way.

“If you know that it’s against the school policy then why did you still work?” Ara crossed her fingers behind her back hoping that their conversation will turn out the way she planned.

“Well.” Hoseok scratch the back of his head before continuing. “Since we’re already in this state there’s no point on hiding it isn’t it?” He said. “I need to work to sustain my study—my mom is a single parent and that is tough if I let her handle all of the expenses.”

He is just like me. Ara thought after hearing the reason of the other party. Her mom once told her that don’t judge the book by its cover. This man standing in front of her might look like he will bring no good but he is actually a kind hearted man who cares deeply about his mother’s wellbeing.

“I’m sorry for making you say that.” He must be keeping it a secret but she cornered him for saying it and now she feels bad about it.

Hoseok on the other hand was surprised for her response. No one will actually believe it in the first place, what if he’s just making it up—and only wants to get the other’s sympathy. This girl looks like she believes anything she hears.

“But be careful next time. Someone might saw you again and I hope you won’t take any indecent part time jobs. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone about it.”

Hoseok never met a sincere person like Ara and who would have thought that they still do exist in this modern world. “So it’s a secret between the two of us?” He asked.

Ara projects like she’s zipping shut that made Hoseok laugh. “Thank you for understanding.”

“No problem.”

 

 

 

 

Jimin s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter