Stupid Cupid [Special]

Stupid Cupid

Stupid Cupid

ღღღ

It was 4am when Jongdae’s alarm went off. He groaned, quickly turning it off, not wanting to wake his boyfriend up, and rubbed his eyes. It was still a dark night outside the window, and all he dreamt about was turning around, snuggling into the warm body that was embracing him, and close his eyes again.

However,” he thought to himself, taking a deep breath in and getting up, “it’s Valentine’s Day,” he sighed, feeling the weight of another’s arm falling from his waist.

Jongdae looked to the side, and smiled to himself. His heart softened, and he suddenly felt much better about waking up, because he got to experience his boyfriend’s sleeping self.

Minseok laid next to him, still far in the Neverland, covered by the thick sheets almost to the tip of his head, a few bangs of black hair were falling onto his eyes, and Jongdae, out of habit, reached to push them back. Minseok’s lips were slowly parted, and Jongdae wrinkled his nose and chuckled when he spotted a small trail of saliva streaming down his love’s cheek. There was nothing y about saliva.

As careful as possible, and as quiet as his skills allowed him, Jongdae got out of bed, placed the sheets as close to the mattress as possible, doing his best not to let any cold air get under them, and upon placing a soft kiss on top of Minseok’s head, he grabbed his clothes which he had prepared the previous evening, and left for the bathroom.

As he was washing his teeth, his smiled to himself, when an idea popped into his head. Grabbing a toothpaste, he drew a smiling sun on the mirror above the sink. He could only hope for it to stay there until Minseok wakes up, and not melt and only make a mess.

Minseok would be so pissed.

Jongdae laughed to himself, and then immediately stopped. “God, dammit, it’s 4am, why am I in such a good mood?!” he asked himself, surprised. But then he only laughed again, this time louder, and left the bathroom to start preparing breakfast.

Jongdae started singing, humming, and dancing, while making pancakes. When the cake was on the pan, he started preparing Minseok’s favorite fruit shake, trying to smash the fruits as quietly as possible, and then moved to melt white chocolate, and when everything was ready, he poured the chocolate over the pile of pancakes, set a few raspberries over it, and placed the plate in the fridge, writing a small paper for Minseok:

 

Would’ve been warm, but I had no heart to wake you before dawn.

Plus, you looked to cute sleeping. Love, Dae ~

 

With a smile on his face, he cleaned the whole place up, making sure not to leave any crime evidence, and turned around to head for his bag and leave for work. However, the moment he walked through the door from the kitchen to the living room, he bumped into something.

Or rather someone. After blinking a few times, he saw a half asleep Minseok standing in front of him.

“Min, why are you awake?!” he asked, worriedly.

“Your laugh woke me up. And your singing didn’t let me go back to sleep,” the older mumbled, rubbing his eyes in a manner that melted Jongdae’s heart.

“Baby, I am so sorry, I tried to keep quiet,” the younger whispered, hugging his boyfriend tightly.

Minseok chuckled raspy, “it’s fine, Dae,” he hugged back, smelling in Jongdae’s sweet scent.

“You need to rest, babe, go back to bed, please.”

“I won’t sleep without you, you know that.”

“Minnie, it’s not even 6 in the morning, you are exhausted, your jetlag is getting to you, you gotta sleep a few more hours, I am so sorry that I woke you up.”

“I'll be fine, little one,” Minseok whispered into Jongdae’s arm.

But the younger only shook his head, and still embracing his boyfriend, started leading him back to their bedroom and into the bed.

“Sleep tight, baby,” Jongdae whispered sweetly, placing a soft kiss on Minseok’s cheek. The elder alredy tangled himself in the bedsheets.

“Dae, sleep with me,” Minseok mumbled with closed eyes.

“I gotta go, Minnie, I’ll be back soon. Sleep, love, sleep.”

Leaving Minseok in bed, Jongdae quietly exited the room, and then the house, exhaling only after closing the front door behind him.

ღღღ

Jongdae yawned, and an obnoxious laugh rang through the room. He looked up, and looked at him friend, laughing hard on the other side of the room.

“You okay?” Jongdae asked, confused.

“Looks like someone’s been quite busy the last few days,” Baekhyun replied, wiggling his eyebrows at Jongdae, “if you know what I mean.”

“No, no I don’t know what you mean.”

“, Jongdae, he means ,” a voice joined them, “he’s suggesting a wild, mind-blowing, and at that exhausting you must have had with Minseok for the last two days since he came back.”

Jongdae raised an eyebrow at Jonging, who had just entered the room, and then at giggling Baekhyun.

“Oh,” only escaped his lips, and he came back to cleaning the floors.

Jongin and Baekhyun looked at each other, frowning.

“Dae, are you alright?” Jongin asked, sitting in a white chair standing next to his friend.

“Hmm? Yeah, sure,” Jongdae smiled, but yawned again, and then laughed, “I’m sorry.”

“You’re tired?” Baekhyun asked, and Jongdae rolled his eyes.

“Obviously,” he chuckled, and then sighed, “Minseok’s jetlag is being pretty ty this time, I haven’t really had much sleep the last two days, he’s terribly whiny when he cannot sleep, and I mean, it comes from me! He’s terribly whiny!”

Jongin and Baekhyun both laughed, and looked at their friend.

“You gotta tell him, Dae, to sleep on the couch until his clock comes back to normal, or you’re gonna die,” Baekhyun laughed, but smiled at his friend sincerely.

“There’s no way he’s gonna do it,” Jongin giggled.

“I hate to admit, but he’s right,” Jongdae nodded, smiling, “how could I send him away to sleep on the couch?”

“You deserve holy Valentine’s Day for dealing with this,” Baek pointed.

Jongdae chuckled, but sighed, “it’s day like any other, Baek.”

The older’s eyes widened, “excuse me?! What is that supposed to mean?! It’s VALENTINE’S DAY!” he nearly screamed.

“Minseok doesn’t really like Valentine’s. To be more precise, he despises it, so there’s nothing to expect,” he shrugged.

Baekhyun looked as if he felt personally offended by Jongdae’s words.

“You’ve got to be ting me!”

Jongdae only shrugged once again, and smiled.

“Anyway!” Baekhyun nearly screamed, “who cares that he doesn’t like it! You love it! That should be enough of a reason to celebrate it!” he whined.

“I don’t care for it that much, Baekhyun, stop making a scene,” Jongdae sighed.

“I call bull! Everyone! Everyone cares for Valentine’s Day!”

“Except for Minseok, apparently,” Jongin pointed.

“Expect for your ty boyfriend, apparently,” Baekhyun repeated.

“And your best friend, so hold your horses!” Jongdae growled, tired of this discussion.

“Not anymore, apparently!”

“Not everything evolves around Valentine’s, Baek!” Jongdae growled again, “we don’t need a special day to “celebrate” our love or relationship, we’re doing perfect every other day!”

“Do you?” Baekhyun blew a raspberry, sensing that his friend is on the edge, and he loved teasing him, “’cause you act like you haven’t gotten laid in weeks,” he clicked his tongue.

“Because I haven’t alright, and you know it perfectly, so shove it up your !” he exploded, and after a few moments of silence both Jongin and Baekhyun burst out laughing.

ღღღ

Jongdae spent the whole day with his hands full of chocolate. Literally. His shift at ChocoLove started at 6:30am, because due to the occasion the shop had been opened earlier than usual; and ended at 6:30 in the evening.

Jongdae was beyond exhausted when he finally slipped into a chair in the back of the shop, letting out a loud sigh of relief. His cheeks hurt from smiling at all the lovely dovely couples, and his head hurt from thinking of Baekhyun’s words from the morning.

It’s not that was jealous over all these people who got to spend the day with the loved ones, he was just angry that he couldn’t do the same. And it’s not like he even cared that Minseok didn’t like Valentine’s, the older didn’t have to, Jongdae really didn't care about that, he could appreciate the day for both of them, but there wasn’t even a day to appreciate, because he had to work! And it’s not like today was really that special of a day, but it was special enough for Jongdae, because he hadn’t seen Minseok in weeks, and if it hadn’t been for work, he would have spent the whole day in bed with his loved one.

But it was true that Minseok did not like celebrating Valentine’s Day, and it was not true that Jongdae did not care. Because truth to be said, Jongdae liked loving Minseok that tiny bit more on Valentine’s Day. And he wished he had been loved a tiny bit more as well.

He sighed, and after dressing himself back to his normal clothes, he came back to the front of the store, where the crowd was still only getting bigger, and grabbed a pack of chocolate sweets for Minseok and himself. He bid his goodbyes to everyone and excited the store.

When the cold wind of February hit him, he inhaled the air deep into his lungs.

There were pink and gold and white and red lights everywhere on the streets, the snow was slowly falling, and Jongdae chuckled at how pretty everything looked. There were people everywhere, kissing, holding, hugging, laughing, smiling, dancing, eating, talking, taking pictures, watching, looking, doing anything. Jongdae smiled to himself, but felt lonely in the sea of people in love.

But then he looked at the silver ring on his finger, and he smiled to himself, his chest instantly filling with warmth. He was loved, and that was the only thing that counted. Fastening his steps, he started quickly heading home, to be with Minseok as soon as possible.

He was almost home, when he spotted that one thing.

Strawberries in chocolate.

One thing they didn’t sell at their store, because they were only selling chocolate made stuff, not chocolate covered stuff.

It was a small store, and since there weren’t many customers inside, Jongdae hopped inside and bought two bags of the fruit. He really loved them.

“Would that be all?” an elder man asked, looking at Jongdae.

“To be honest, I cannot even look at chocolate anymore, but I’d take everything if I could,” he mumbled, looking at everything that stood on a shelf.

The elderly man laughed, and took something from under the table, “how about some colorful melted chocolate?”

Jongdae looked at what had been placed on the table in front of him, and raised an eyebrow. Then he smirked and took one of the boxes in his hands.

“I’ll take the pink one as well, then,” he smiled and after paying for everything he continued his walk back home.

ღღღ

When he stood at the doorstep, the clock showed almost eight. “Did I really walk so slow?” he wondered, opening the door.

“I’m home!” he announced, but even though the lights were on, no one answered him. Jongdae smiled lightly to himself, shaking his head and went to the kitchen to leave the chocolate and strawberries. Then, he quickly made his way to the bedroom.

“Hey, sleepyhead,” he whispered, walking inside, prepared to see Minseok asleep in their bed. But the elder was not there. The bed was empty, and the room was rather dark.

Suddenly, he felt arms wrap around his waist and he jumped slightly, making Minseok chuckle.

“Hello, sunshine,” the elder greeted, bringing the younger closer to himself, “you’ve been gone so long.”

Jongdae smiled, relaxing, and leant into the hug, “today’s been crazy.”

“Are you tired?”

“I’m dying,” he whispered, closing his eyes.

Minseok was slowly rocking them to the sides, drawing small circles on Jongdae’s skin with his thumb.

“Good, because I’ve got something for you,” Minseok mumbled, turning Jongdae in his arms, so that they faced each other. There was a questioning look on the younger’s, so Minseok kissed it away, “come,” he whispered, and led Jongdae to the living room.

The lights were dimed, and there were candles everywhere, in the center stood a coffee table with two sets of plates and silverware, and food in the middle.

“Wow,” Jongdae breathed out, “how… why… what?” he looked at Minseok, surprised and confused.

“Happy Valentine’s Day,” the elder mumbled, placing a deep and sweet kiss on Jongdae’s lips. The younger moaned quietly, melting into the act.

“But I thought you hated Valentines.”

“But I know you like it, babe. And I just couldn’t wait to spend some proper time with you, it’s been way too long.”

Jongdae smiled, and his heart skipped a bit, “I missed you.”

“I missed you, too. Like crazy. I am sorry I’ve been so dead since I came back.”

“I understand, Min, don’t bother. I really do.”

“You stayed up all nights for me, so now it’s my turn to pay back. I bet you’ve been through hell and back today at work, so since you’re back home now, let me take care of you, how does it sound?”

“I’m not gonna lie, it sounds like heaven.”

They kissed once more and Minseok led Jongdae to the small table. They sat on cushions laid around floor and stayed in silence for a moment.

“I would take you out, but I figured you’d be tired,” Minseok said finally.

“It’s perfect, Min, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else,” Jongdae smiled tiredly, and his stomach growled.

They both chuckled and started eating the food.

“Oh god,” Jongdae moaned, “this is so good, babe.”

Minseok only smiled, silently watching the younger.

“Do I have anything on my face?” Jongdae asked suddenly, raising an eyebrow.

“No,” Minseok replied shortly.

“Then why are you staring?”

“Am I?”

“Yeah,” the younger chuckled, smiling from eye to eye.

“I stare at my beautiful sunshine.”

Jongdae turned red, and looked down instantly, “stop it,” he mumbled.

Minseok laughed loudly, “you are so cute when you get embarrassed.”

“How come you still work on me like this after all this time?”

“Whenever I see you, I feel butterflies in my stomach, and tingling on my skin. Just like the first time I saw you,” the elder whispered, grabbing Jongdae’s hand in his, “we’re even.”

“Oh god,” Jongdae sighed, “I become a hormonal teenager when you talk like that, stop it, we’re long after that years,” he giggled.

“But I’m not after loving you just as crazily as back then.”

Jongdae smiled slightly, resting his head on his free hand, “tell me, when did you fall in love with me?”

“I fell in love with you twice, which story do you want to hear?” Minseok asked, and his eyes shone in the light of the candles.

“Twice?”

“Once, for the first time, very unconsciously, when I was ten,” he smiled wider and his gaze became distant, “you were such an adorable little one, in your flower crowns and always carrying that Rilakkuman teddy bear around,” he remembered.

“Chanyeol gave it to me after he hit me in the head with a ball, and his mom yelled at him for hours. It was his favourite one,” Jongdae whispered, also remembering the bear.

“You were so tiny when you were eight, when Yeol did that we all thought you broke in half,” Minseok giggled.

“Yah, I wasn’t that small!”

“You were tiny, tiny, tiny! A smol bean!”

Jongdae chuckled, and his heart banged against his chest as he was listening to Minseok’s words. He felt so much love and affection, he felt as if he was to explode.

“The second time,” the elder continued, “I fell in love with you when I was sixteen. And then, I fell very consciously,” he laughed, and looked Jongdae in the eyes.

ღღღ

When they finished eating, Jongdae stood to clean the plates, but Minseok grabbed his wrist and led him to the bathroom.

“I said I’d take care of you tonight. Did you really thought I’d let you clean?” Minseok whispered into his ear while opening the door.

The bathroom was also covered in scented candles, and everything smelled of roses. There was a bubble bath ready, and at the shelf at the top of the bathtub stood a bottle of wine and a bowl of Jongdae’s favorite strawberries in chocolate.

“Min—ahhh,” Jongdae started, but his voice turned into a moan as he felt the elder’s hands under his shirt, playing with his belt and undoing his pants.

“Don’t talk, baby,” the other mumbled, and biting Jongdae’s earlobe, “just take your clothes off, and get in the bath.”

“Hmmm,” Jongdae hummed, “how about you take the clothes off of me?” he opened his eyes, and slightly turned them to the side, so that they faced the wall mirror, “right here.”

Minseok didn’t say anything, he only smirked, and started slowly undressing his boyfriend, placing soft kisses all over his arms and neck, all the time maintaining eye contact with the younger.

“You’re driving me crazy, Jongdae.”

“Good.”

When all the clothes were on the floor, and they stood glued to each other, Jongdae finally felt truly relaxed. There were no worries in the world, and nothing matter except for Minseok.

Minseok, Minseok, Minseok, Minseok.

There was only Minseok.

“Minseok,” he whispered, reaching heaven.

“I’m here.”

“Don’t you ever leave me.”

“How could I leave my sunshine?”

Jongdae turned around to face the elder, “I love you. I love you so much it hurts.”

Minseok placed a soft kiss on the younger’s lips, “I love you, too. To the moon and back.”

“You’re too good, babe.”

“I think I’ve already heard that,” Minseok chuckled, and let Jongdae into the bathtub.

“Oh my, it feels so good,” Jongdae moaned, soaking in the water.

“Wine?”

“Do you even have to ask?”

“There,” Minseok whispered, handing the boy a glass of red wine.

“Am I in heaven?”

Minseok laughed, and as he ran his hand over Jongdae’s arm, he mumbled, “not yet, baby.”

Jongdae turned his head to look at the elder, and his upper lip, replied, “I cannot wait for you to take me there, then.”

They spent almost twenty minutes in the bathroom just sitting in silence, enjoying each other’s presence. Jongdae was lying in the bathtub, and Minseok sat next to it, resting his head on the younger’s arm, feeling the other’s fingers caressing his hair.

“Come to me,” Jongdae whispered finally.

“Hmm? I’m here.”

“No. Come here,” he whined, pointing at the water.

Minseok chuckled, but took his clothes off and joined the bath. Jongdae moved, and when Minseok was sitted, he rested his back against the other’s torso, and sighed in content.

“Tell me the story,” he whispered.

“Which one?”

“Of how you fell in love with me. You never said how it happened.”

“It was when I saw you break down…”

“Wha—What?”

“You stood up to that bully, whatever his name was, the one that was walking around after Jongin all the time,” Minseok explained, “you stood up to him and you were so full of yourself and so confident, but then you disappeared suddenly, and when I found you in the woods you were all shaking and crying. I don’t think I had ever seen you cry before.”

“I remember that day. Stupid , he was making fun of Nini.”

“I have always loved your laugh, and your smile, your eyes, and your bright face. But when I saw that side of you that day… that was when I started loving you…”

“You fell for the fallen,” Jongdae whispered, and Minseok laughed.

“You’re so annoying when you’re getting poetic,” he admitted, “and I never fell for you, Jongdae. What falls, must break. So, let’s not fall. Let’s just love.”

“You’re so cheesy.”

“You love it, you love Valentine’s Day, you gotta love cheesy.”

“Rude!” Jongdae raised his voice and laughed.

ღღღ

“It’s so beautiful outside,” Jongdae said, wrapped in his grey onesie, looking outside the window.

“It’s cold outside, Jongdae,” Minseok whined, walking into their bedroom with hands filled with chocolate that Jongdae had brought.

“I’m just saying it’s beautiful!”

“No, you are secretly begging me to go for a walk!” the elder groaned, “please, don’t do this to me!”

Jongdae laughed, and walked up to his boyfriend, “I would never make you go out right now,” he whispered, caressing Minseok’s hair, “you’d only get sick,” he mumbled, kissing the tip of Minseok’s nose.

“Good. Now come to bed, I wanna cuddle,” Minseok grinned, wrapping his hands around Jongdae and throwing them both on the bed.

“Aren’t we gonna clean first?” Jongdae smirked, knowing his boyfriend.

“We’ll do it tomorrow, I’ll even let you clean that mess you left in the bathroom in the morning,” Minseok said, pinning Jongdae to the mattress.

“What?! What mess?!”

“Oh, so it wasn’t you who left toothpaste on the mirror?” Minseok raised an eyebrow, and Jongdae pouted.

“But I left a sun for you,” he explained.

“Well, I don’t know what you left, but what I encountered was a mess,” the elder shrugged.

“Stupid Stupid Cupid toothpastes, we aren’t getting them anymore, they cannot be trusted.”

“Whatever you say, baby,” Minseok giggled, and kissed Jongdae passionately.


ღღღ

Hello, sweehearts!

This is a continuation of Miseltoe, a Valentine's Special I promised two years ago! I am not the most Valentines person, so it was very hard to make this, but I hope the cheese hasn't killed you!

Your comments and opinion are very much appreciated!

All the best, and lots of love,

badblood ღ