Chap 1

I like you

“I like you.”

“I like you more than a friend.”

I sighed at the thought that happened a year ago and then switched my gaze to the clock in front of the class. I heard a groan next to my seat as the clock tick slower than usual. Finally, the bell rang as the sign of class end for today. The whole class cheered happily while the teacher reminds us about the homework before leaving. I packed my book inside my bag and looked at my watch before starting to rush out from the class. “I’m freaking late; Hyun must be waiting.” I walked as fast as I could to the main gate while my eyes looking around, searching for the usual figure. “He is not here?” my eyes still wander around as I leaned on the wall waiting for Woohyun.

“Gyu-ah!” I looked up as I saw Minjeong sunbae ran towards me. I greeted her with smile, “I haven’t seen you around these days.” She said while ruffling my hair. “I’m always here sunbae, you are just too busy to see me.” I replied, fixing my hair. “Geez, you are right. It is really hard in senior year. I’m jealous of you now.” I chuckled at her respond. “I will be going through the same thing, sunbae.”

“Sunggyu!” “Looks like your boyfriend is here, I’m going now.” She ruffled my hair again before leaving. “Sorry, I’m late.” I barely glanced at him and just nodded slowly.” It’s okay, Minjeong sunbae accompany me for a while.” He grabbed my hand and held it tightly as we started to walk. I was surprised with his act; it wasn’t the first time we had been holding hands but not in front of school. “So how was today?” He probably trying to break the silence as I hung my head low not very sure with my face at this moment. It must be reddening a lot. “Uhm, well it was just fine.” I know he was staring at me but I couldn’t just lift my head and look at him with this kind of face. My face feels hotter now. I tried to calm down my heart from beating fast. He stopped walking, “Sunggyu, look at me.” I gulped as I sensed the seriousness in his tone. He must be annoyed on how I act, I thought. My thought snapped as a gently finger lifted my chin up. “Did you heard what I said just now?” He raised his eyebrow. I just nodded while locking my eyes on his. He smiled and ruffled my hair. “I will see you tomorrow?” He letting go of my hand which made me stammered a bit. I just nodded. “Be careful.” I mumbled softly. “You too.” He smiled again but this time it’s getting further as I lost the sight of him. I sighed. “Don’t go.” I regretted to say that to him when he is in front of me. Now it is too late.

...

 

“Sunggyu-sshi, are you okay?”

“Huh?” I turned my head to the person next to me. “You don’t look good tho, you want me to send you to the infirmary room?” Sungyeol stared at me with his big worried eyes. I shook my head and gave him a small smile. “I’m okay.” I continued focus on my reading. I know Sungyeol kept on staring at me. “I’m seriously okay.” With that, he turned his head and focus on his reading too. I just stared down on the words that on the book, my head cannot process a thing. Tears starting to pool in my eyes, threaten to fall down. “Sunggyu-sshi, I don’t understand thi- Are you okay Sunggyu-sshi?” The tears kept rolling down to my cheeks and I looked at Sungyeol who was abit flustered with my situation. “It’s hurt, Yeol. It’s very hurt.” I bit my lips trying to supress my whimper while my hand clutching tightly on my shirt. My heart feels really hurt. I never experienced this before. I don’t know what happened to me. I just heard Sungyeol kept on calling my name as my eyelids feel heavy.

...

I opened my eyes, staring at the white ceiling. I don’t remember that I went home. I rubbed my eyes and trying to get up then I felt an arm wrapping tightly on my body. With a surprise, I found Woohyun lying beside me. I missed him too much. “Woo,,,” My throat started to feel dry. I can’t even call out his name. Tears started to form in my eyes again. I feel weak. My body shaking abruptly made Woohyun awake and started to panic. He pulled me up against the bedpost and hugged me tightly while soothing my back and whispered, “It’s okay baby, I’m here now..shh…” I cried more when my arms couldn’t move to hold him. I buried my face on his shoulder as my tears wouldn’t want to stop rolling. He kept on soothing my back and repeatedly said ‘I’m here’. After a while, I started to calm down, he lifted my chin up and my cheeks gently. “I’m here baby.” He said that then pressing his lips on mine. For a moment, I felt relieved that he is back.

He carefully pulled the glass away from my lips after I already drank some water. “Feel more better now?” He put down the glass at the table near the bed. “Y-yes..” My throat feels a bit better now. “You haven’t eaten for days; I will cook some porridge for you.” He smiled and ruffled my hair gently. “I haven’t?” I looked at him with a frown. “Yes and you passed out because your body is too weak. Thank goodness, Sungyeol was there.” I looked down, I had been skipping meals since he was so busy. “I will cook some porridge; you are going to wait here on the bed.” He got off from the bed. “Don’t..go.” My hand reached for the back of his shirt. “Please don’t go.” Gripping tightly as my life depends on him.