resolute (Irene)

Mixed Paint
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s only five minutes until her next class. If she doesn’t leave now, she’ll definitely be late. She just had lunch with her buddies and all of them are getting ready to go their separate ways but Irene can’t move.

 

“Seul…” she calls out after her mini-debate with herself. She’s been meaning to talk to her since she first saw her this morning but she can’t find the strength to do so.

 

Seulgi turned to face her, wondering what she has to say. She’s sure Amber and Krystal heard her too and threw her a concerned look, but thought better to leave them alone.

 

“What is it?” Seulgi asks calmly, a soft smile on her lips.

 

“Oh… c-can we go grab some dessert later?” She mentally slaps herself. She’s still a coward as before.

 

“Sure. See you after class.”

 

---

 

She forgot that Wendy’s aunt owns this bakeshop. She just hopes she’s not here. A sigh of relief escaped her when she realized she’s not.

 

Irene and Seulgi sit across each other, each with a plate of red velvet cheesecake.

 

“Since when did this become your favorite?” Seulgi takes a bite of her favorite dessert, raising her eyebrow at Irene.

 

“Since I broke up with you and ate here when I missed you.” Seulgi almost chokes at Irene’s sudden confession. Irene’s shocked at herself as well. She never meant to say her feelings out loud.

 

She’s glad and surprised at how Seulgi can just easily shrug this off, not even an ounce of bitterness in her response. “What’s wrong? It’s unlike you to be this bold and frank about your feelings.”

 

Irene looks down, guilty. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Irene, you still apologize too much.”

 

---

 

Irene tries to say it clearly, tries to tell Seulgi that she likes Wendy, that she feels guilty of finding someone new, someone she likes as much as she liked her before, or even more.

 

“I…” she starts, but stops, unable to continue the sentence.

Please log in to read the full chapter