fin

till they take my heart away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yoongi-hyung~ hurry up or else we’ll be late!” Taehyung screamed from his bedroom

 

“Tae, I’m already done. You’re the one who’s going to be late. Stop making it as if it’s my fault” Yoongi replied, standing by the bedroom door

 

Taehyung spared a glance at Yoongi whilst fixing his hair, giving him a sheepish grin “you’re right, I’m just kidding, hyung”

 

Yoongi only shook his head at Taehyung’s childishness, the younger knew Yoongi thought that he’s cute like that so he cannot actually get mad. Taehyung watched as the older turned to walk away with a small smile on his face, “hurry up, Tae, Jimin will get mad if you’re late again”

 

With Yoongi’s last reminder, Taehyung picked up his speed to finish getting dressed up. Right, Jimin will have his head soon if he’s late this time.

 

Because Yoongi always distracts me. 













 

 

“Chim Chim!” Taehyung called when he saw the familiar orange hair of his friend

 

“Taetae, you’re late. Again.” Jimin gave him a stern look before melting into his usual smile, Taehyung knew that Jimin cannot really hate him just because he’s late. Upon closer inspection, Jimin’s eyes looked tired; it’s an odd look that Taehyung chose to ignore for the meantime.

 

“Sorry~ you do know that Yoongi can be a bit distracting” Taehyung chuckled, pointing a thumb behind him, and there, Yoongi stood quietly with a soft smile on his face.

 

Jimin stayed still, as if he was shocked to hear that revelation. Taehyung gave him a puzzled look when he noticed that Jimin’s smile faltered.

 

“What’s wrong, Chim?”

 

“Ah, nothing, Tae. Shall we order now? Do you want your regular or you want to try something new? It’s my treat by the way.” Jimin changed the subject, now looking a bit flustered. Taehyung did not press further, allowing Jimin to be weird this time

 

“Sure” Taehyung then looked at Yoongi who’s already sitting on one of the chairs, “anything you want? Chim said it’s his treat! Grab this rare opportunity, hyung!”

 

“I heard him, Tae. But no thanks, I don’t really need a drink anyway.” Yoongi calmly said, just smiling at Taehyung in amusement and fondness.

 

Taehyung nodded with a smile “okay then.” Yoongi waved him off playfully, it’s the older’s way of saying that he’s focusing on him too much, and that he needs to redirect said attention to someone else— in this case, Jimin.

 

Taehyung then turned to his friend, asking him enthusiastically “let’s go?”  

 

Jimin was openly frowning at him this time, which he immediately removed from his face when he noticed that Taehyung’s looking at him again with a bright expression

 

Maybe he’s actually a bit mad at me this time...

 

“Yeah, let’s go.” Jimin said somberly 















 

It was Saturday when Yoongi’s friends— also Taehyung’s “hyung” friends, decided to ask him to go hang out with them. Taehyung didn’t miss a beat when he replied an affirmative because honestly, he liked spending time with them as much as Yoongi does (even if he denies this fact; Taehyung knew better).

 

“Tae, they really like you a lot” Yoongi began “I can even say that they like you better than me, I mean can you believe that they asked me how I managed to catch your attention, more so becoming your boyfriend?” Yoongi faked his disbelief, but Taehyung can clearly hear the fondness in his tone for his friends.

 

“They only want the best for you, Yoongs.” Taehyung waggled his eyebrows suggestively

 

“Ha. They clearly don’t know what’s best for me then” Yoongi replied with sarcasm, but then again, Taehyung knew better—because he knew how much Yoongi agrees with that statement. But Yoongi’s expression morphed into something serious, “but listen, Tae, they do too when it comes to you. They care about you— they only want the best for you”

 

Taehyung grinned at this, mind already processing the words that’s about to come out— a sustained thought in his mind

 

“Then they do know that you’re the best thing to have happened to me. You’re the best, Yoongs.” Taehyung sincerely said. Despite the cheesiness of the statement (which can be cringey to Yoongi), he knew the latter wouldn’t make a sarcastic comment, because sometimes, Yoongi doesn’t mind— especially when he can see the sincerity in Taehyung’s eyes.

 

Yoongi didn’t comment.

 

Taehyung then decided that it was rather too cheesy, even for him actually. But oh well, it’s Yoongi and the plain truth combined anyways.

 

(Yoongi turns away, probably because he’s blushing—Taehyung likes how shy his boyfriend can be) 


















 

It was late afternoon when Taehyung arrived at Namjoon’s place, he received a text from the latter thirty minutes ago that Seokjin and Hoseok were already there, and that they’re just waiting for him to arrive. They didn’t know that he came with Yoongi since he purposely didn’t mention it to them— (he found out a bit later that Yoongi actually didn’t get a text from his friends when Taehyung asked him if he’s going out without changing his clothes first)

 

“They didn’t text me because they know my moods; sometimes, I want to be left alone.” Yoongi placated when Taehyung kept asking him why he was the only one they invited. Taehyung’s a tad bit annoyed because he thought they’ve had an argument and Yoongi decided to keep it from him which the older denied immediately.

 

“Well fine, let’s just surprise them then.” Taehyung relaxed a bit and at the same time, the door to Namjoon’s apartment opened, revealing the owner himself with a surprised expression.

 

“Oh hey, come in” Namjoom invited, his tone a bit strained

 

“Hi hyung, thanks”

 

Taehyung heard Yoongi hum in acknowledgement before entering the comforts of Namjoon’s warm apartment. He went directly to the living room— Yoongi and Namjoon in tow— knowing that Seokjin and Hoseok were waiting for him there.

 

“Hello Seokjin-hyung, Hoseok-hyung” Taehyung said in monotone

 

The two watched him silently as he flopped down on the sofa across from them; they’re looking at him with questions in their eyes (which Taehyung can clearly see)

 

“Now, now~ I know you’re wondering why Yoongi-hyung’s here. Well, I invited him to tag along, hope you guys don’t mind.”

 

“Taehyung, behave.” He heard Yoongi whisper beside him. He didn’t notice him sit down because he was too focused conveying his annoyance to Yoongi’s friends for once. Taehyung’s really nice but what they did to Yoongi just didn’t sit well with him.

 

“Ummm no, it’s fine.” Seokjin replied carefully, as if he’s testing the waters, “how are you doing?”

 

“We’re doing great, hyung”

 

“Now, now~” Namjoon imitates Taehyung’s earlier tone, he was standing beside Hoseok so that he can have a clear view of Taehyung “calm down— Taehyung, can we talk?”

 

 

“We’re talking, hyung.”

 

 

“Taehyung” there’s a warning in Yoongi’s voice which made Taehyung cough, he knows he’s not at his top condition but he’s trying to stop his current crappy attitude for Yoongi’s sake.

 

“Sorry” Taehyung muttered, looking a bit guilty. Namjoon didn’t seem to mind.

 

“You look tired, Taehyung-ah. Have you been sleeping?” Seokjin’s concerned voice asked

 

“I do”

 

“Good. We wanted you to hang out with us Taehyung, and we presume that you know that we also have something to ask you, right?” Namjoon interjected bluntly, Taehyung remained silent, looking at Yoongi beside him who has a serious expression on his face.

 

“We actually wanted to ask you— confirm rather— if you’re okay, and if you’ve finally moved on from—“

 

“Minjae?” Taehyung cut-offs, it was rude but the youngest cannot help himself but feel his irri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter