Part 6

There is no 'we' in You and I

“You should take a break for few days.”

“I can’t. Our company just passed its critical state. I can’t afford to let it down again.” Jungkook replies while typing something on his computer, attention is still on the computer and he doesn’t need to look to know who had visited him at the office.  Jungkook recognized that voice.

“It’s true but I think Jimin deserved your attention too.”

Okay, yet another person who deserved a punch from me. What Jungkook didn’t understand is why everyone including his brother seemed to be very fond of Jimin, was he putting a spell on them? Taking Jimin’s side at every chance they get. It is not wrong to act cold towards someone who I don’t love, right?

Jungkook massage his neck, lifting his head to see that person. “He is fine. Besides jimin seemed to look okay with me being busy since he already has you to company him. He talked a lot about you.”

Taehyung laugh at that. Well, someone is jealous of his friendship with Jimin. “What? Jealous, huh?”

“No! I am not.” Jungkook shoots back.

“Don’t worry. Jimin loves you so much to cheat on you with me. But seriously you should take a break and take him out for a date. He missed you, Jungkook.”

“Just one month more and then I’ll take one week leave. So in the meantime, take care of him for me and make sure he eats every day, got it?”

Taehyung nods at that and opens his mouth to say something but stopped himself when Jungkook attention is back to his computer. But after several minutes of silence when the only thing that could be heard is the sound of keyboard tapping, Taehyung decided to just let it out.

“Jungkook, I think Jimin should know about us. I can’t lie to him anymore.”

Those sudden words from Taehyung managed to snap Jungkook’s attention and focus away from his computer again. He knows Taehyung will bring this matter up one day sooner or later. “It’s not the time yet.” Jungkook always answered with that.

“But why? Please, just put your ego away for once and tell him your true feeling.” Taehyung looks at Jungkook with a pleading look but Jungkook shrugged it off, showing his unemotional look to Taehyung instead. “There is no feeling. What nonsense are you talking, hyung?”

“You like—“                                   

“I’m just fulfilling my promise to his brother to take care of him. That’s all. “ Jungkook cuts Taehyung from saying thing that he tried to deny for the pass week after he had kissed Jimin. Jungkook had asked his cousin and also his best friend since childhood which is Taehyung who was doing nothing at the moment to take care of Jimin while he was busy with his work. Confessing every single thing to Jimin will hurt his pride because he had vowed to never feel anything towards Jimin.

“I can’t believe you Jungkook. You’re playing with his feeling.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Do I look okay?

“You’re fine, Jimin. What are you panicking of?” Jungkook glances at him for a second before turning back to look at the front.

“I’m not panic. I’m just nervous.”

“Hoseok-hyung is your brother and Namjoon-hyung is my brother. You’ve met them literally everyday. You’re Jin-hyung buddy when it comes to shopping and Yoongi-hyung is your brother’s boyfriend. So, why are you being nervous? I don’t know that you can be nervous too. I thought nervous does not exist in Park Jimin’s dictionary.”

Jimin and Jungkook will be having lunch with their brothers. Since Namjoon and Jungkook are on break after surviving from overworking, Namjoon invited them to have lunch with him and Jin. Jimin gladly accepted the invitation only after Jungkook promised to ask Namjoon to invite Hoseok along. When that day come, Jimin can’t seem to relax.

“Correction, this will be my second time meeting your brother.”

“Are you scared of him?”

“No, I’m not.” Jimin sits straight in his seat.

“Uh-huh.” Jungkook replies while tapping the steering, mocking Jimin failed attempt to not waver at that question. One thing Jungkook learn about Jimin after two months living together is that Jimin hated it when people stepped on his pride and also when people acknowledge his weakness.

“Listen, Namjoon is kind and lovely.” Jungkook assured Jimin, buried his intention to tease Jimin more.

“But he hated me. Namjoon-hyung stares at me like I’m some kind of evil criminal.”

“You only met him once and that’s what you can say about him?” Jungkook asks in disbelief.

Jimin just nods didn’t have any desire to continue only to receive a loud chuckle from Jungkook. Jimin lets that mocking sound pass for that time since he was busy trying to ease his nervousness. But what Jimin doesn’t know is that Namjoon had compliment Jimin during their wedding day. After the wedding ceremony had ended, Namjoon went to see his brother, congratulating Jungkook before excusing himself to go back home. “Man, you’re so lucky, Jimin is so cute.” That was the last words from Namjoon that day to Jungkook. Like he could see the adoration in Namjoon’s eyes when he said Jimin’s name. Jungkook knows his brother is the er for cute stuff and Jimin is not excluded.

“Namjoon-hyung likes you. Trust me.” Jimin just pouts in return.

After 10 minutes, they arrived at the restaurant at the same time Hoseok and Yoongi reached the restaurant. Namjoon and Jin had waited for them in VIP room. They greet each other before taking their seat.

Great, now I’m sitting right in front of Namjoon-hyung. Unconciously, Jimin had sighed a little bit louder that make every head to turn towards him.

“Are you okay, Jimin.” Hoseok asks in concern.

“No! No! I’m okay.” Jungkook pats his thigh while smiling that help Jimin to calm down a bit.

They talked about random stuff while waiting for their food. After 20 minutes of waiting, waiters started to send in their food one by one. But then when the waiter placed a plate in front of Jimin, Hoseok looked at him in panic. Please Jimin, please, don’t fuss about it. Hoseok is begging with his eyes that Jimin had no idea as the meaning behind that look. Jimin demand an explanation from Hoseok through his eyes before nudging Jungkook’s side.

“What?” Jungkook turns to Jimin and follow where Jimin’s finger was pointing to.

Oh!” Then Jungkook takes his spoon, moving it to Jimin’s plate to take all the bean and nuts in Jimin’s food to place it in his own plate.

“Happy?” Jungkook questions once there is no bean and nuts in Jimin’s plate.

“Yes. Here, your gift.” Jimin takes a big spoon of pasta and holds it out to Jungkook.

“Delicious?” Jimin smiles when Jungkook nods at his question.

Somehow, the other four men in the room feel that they don’t belong there, like they are interrupting Jimin and Jungkook moment. Hoseok is surprised because jimin didn’t make a big chaos when there was bean in his food. Before, he would yell at the waiter for putting bean in his food and wanting to see the restaurant manager to file a complaint but what had Hoseok witnessed just now confused him. Is that really Jimin, his brother?

“Jungkook, thank you so much.”

“What for, Hoseok-hyung?”

“For marrying Jimin.” Hoseok says before sending Jimin and Jungkook home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s quarter to ten when Jungkook went down to the nearest convenience store to buy some snacks. Doing nothing at home had him to feel hungry faster than when he was busied with work. He already had dinner with Jimin earlier but after chilling at the living room, watching some action movie, his stomach growled again. Jimin threw him a pointing look like, accusing him for being a monster.

Ting! Ting! The door of the convenience store chirped when someone opened it. Jungkook doesn’t pay much attention to whoever had entered the store, too focus on choosing which flavour he preferred more. 

“Hey, you know, Park Jimin, that cute boy who lived on the same floor as me?” Jungkook perks at the mentioning of Jimin’s name. He recognized that ahjumma, the lady who has a very creepy smile.

“Yeah, I know him. Is he cheating on his husband?” the other ahjumma asks, not realised that Jungkook is just right behind the other side of the rack.

“How do you know? That is exactly what I want to say. Did you see him with our new neighbour? They are so close, too intimate to be just friend.”

“I saw them kissing last week.”