Chapter 9

Raindrops Falling On a Bamboo Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up the next day with a start. Minyoung was already awake and straightening things in my bedroom but she rushed to sit by my side when she saw me stirring.

 

“Good morning, my lady!” she said brightly. “You have risen so early today. There is still plenty of time before we are to meet Queen Yu for breakfast. Shall we talk a little before picking your outfit for the day?”

 

I nodded and let out a small yawn. “Say, Minyoung, how did I get here? I do not recall walking through the palace gates.”

 

Minyoung’s smile faded slightly but her bright expression quickly returned as she asked me if I really did not remember to which I shook my head. “Do you not remember storming out of the carriage yesterday and hitting your head on the door? Do you not remember passing out? The third prince himself carried you in his arms and brought you to your room before calling for the imperial doctor.”

 

The events of yesterday evening suddenly came flooding into my mind and I wanted to bury my face in my palms as I began to remember the brief moments I spent in…Wang Yo’s arms. I could not decide whether it was revolting or embarrassing or both.

 

However, I felt like there was something else I was forgetting. It had been quite late after all and I had been very tired. “Surely a small bump on the head did not knock me out till the morning. What happened next?”

 

“Oh, no, my lady. You woke up shortly afterwards when His Highness was still here but…” Minyoung looked nervous as her sentenced trailed off.

 

“But?”

 

“But, my lady, you must have been so very tired! I am certain that the third prince will have forgotten all about it.”

 

“What did I say or do that was so terrible that it must be forgotten?”

 

“You told His Highness that you were tired of seeing him and…and…and that he ought to take his painfully gorgeous face out of your sight…and then you fell asleep right away.”

 

I was speechless. The reaction on my face must have been more distraught than I thought because Minyoung leaned forwards all at once and flung her arms around me. I indeed felt embarrassed about what I had said last night but I would definitely not be the only one!

 

“Can you feel how my heart pounds?”

 

Either Wang Yo was taking his jokes way too far or he was extremely interested in me. Whichever one it was, I would use it to my advantage. If he dares to bring up me calling him…painfully gorgeous…at least I will have plenty of material to respond with. I cannot believe he actually swept me up in his arms when I got knocked out. Such an intimate act must have been incredibly shocking to whoever saw.

 

“I have already noticed you from the first time we saw each other.”

 

I won’t deny that I felt the urge to swoon only that urge was denied by the reminder that beneath all the romantic words and handsome gazes of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter