* * *

Motivation

"Kyu---?" Jonghoon peeked inside his boyfriend's dorm room, the sight of a figure sleeping at his desk greeted him as he stood at the door's threshold, still gripping on the doorknob. A sad smile made its way to Jonghoon's face as he took a step inside, careful with each step so he won't wake the man up.

Dozens of papers, notebooks, textbooks opened at certain pages with certain sections highlighted in blue, ballpens, binders---the whole enchilada---were scattered on the floor, and Jonghoon did his best not to step on anything.

Finals week hasn't even started, yet Jonghoon can already see how stressed his boyfriend was.

Worry even struck him when he saw the man's game console, covered in dust, meaning he hasn't cleaned it---meaning he hasn't played for who knows how long.

He found his hand travelling to the man's hair, brushing away some of his bangs from covering his eyes; he then stood there for a moment, admiring how adorable and handsome Kyuhyun looked like while sleeping. The smile that was on his lips faded and was replaced with a slight frown. There were noticable dark circles under Kyuhyun's eyes.

Jonghoon heaved a sigh, shoving his hands inside his pants pockets; he made a confused sound, then pulled the thing he felt from inside his left pocket: it was a picture---a polaroid, to be precise, of him and Kyuhyun. It was taken winter two years ago. A soft chuckle escaped his lips.

His heartbeat quickened when Kyuhyun moved, thankfully he was only finding a more comfortable way of sleeping. Jonghoon bent down, grabbing a pen, then wrote the words "Don't push yourself" on the white space of the polaroid before slipping it inside of the textbook nearest to Kyuhyun, making sure it can be seen right away by sticking the edge out a bit. With one last look at his boyfriend, Jonghoon left. And the message he received from Kyuhyun hours later was enough to make the impending "study session" with Heechul and Sungmin later (he knows it's not really a study session, but more like a "let's get Heechul hyung drunk enough to make him try to kiss us and sing Frozen songs all night long" type of thing) seem bearable.

 

Fr: KyuKyu~
To: You

I won't. Seeing this picture of us made studying easier, but made me miss you more. Meet me tomorrow?
 
P.S: I love you.
———
 
Wrote this in less than an hour, I think? The idea came to me at a very random time when gyuyeye showed me a pic of her polaroid-ish bookmark. HAHAHAHA. Yah! I hope you liked this <3