Love Just Ain't Enough

Who I am?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baby sometimes love just ain't enough

The buidling of the Im Corporation was busy. Everyone was with their delagated tasks. Some are working with the papers that needed for the month. Some are busy on the marketing strategy, especially now that the company is planning to release a new product in the market. I was greetd by some random employees that I don't know on which dpartment belong.

The office of the manufacturing department wasn't located here at the main office. The top management decided to locate it in the main warehouse of the product which is nearby to some factories of the company. I find it even good idea, it was a bit decentralize yet helpful. I visited the building since Miss Im called me for a talk. Yes, Miss Im. Even I know Yoona for long time I still can't call her Yoona. I know she hate me to the extent that maybe  she hates me being here in the company?

But what bothered me is why didn't she just fired me if she really hates me? Maybe she was jsut too professional for this or she just want to make my stay here in this company a living hell. Though it was hard for me it's my fault. It was the wrong words of my immature self.

I gently knock on the door of Miss Im's office. She told me to eneter. I open the door and there is Miss Im, busy on cheking some files on her dek. Maybe some stuffs that need to be checked and maybe today was the approval of the requests. "Good Morning Miss Im." I bow as I greet Miss Im. She lookt at me and stops what she currently doing.

"Have a seat." Yoona told me coldly. It brings shiver through my bone, yet I just comply and take my seat. I was feeling tense on meeting Yoona since the meeting last time.  I never knew that she could be cold as that. I was stop from the trance of thinking when Yoona finally speaks. "I know that you already know the thing about the new product to be released. Miss Kim was in a one week leave, so I am giving you the responsibility over it." Yoona explains. I just nodded as a response. I don't know what to say. I just nod in every stuffs that Yoona will tld me. Mentally taking note of it.

"Just because you got a great report the last time doesn't means that I am so much impressed to you." Yoona sudenly says. I look at her and look back at nowhere. Her eyes are too intimidating. I was really shivering inide. Being with the same room as Im Yoona makes me suffocate. "With your current position what I need is relevance, the top management is working with your department. And what I really need is consistency. I know so many people who change over time." Yoona's simple statement slap me. I am not an idiot not to gte what she really mean her words. Maybe it is because of me. If only I didn't hurt her. If only I was wise enough to make decision way back then. If only I am not scared of my real self. If only . . 

"I will to do my best Miss Im." I answered with a frimness in my words. I find it hard to talk to her. I feel like being ate by the earth. Yoona's presense herself id too much. "You should, I have my eyes on you Miss Jung." Yoona's final words make me more nervous. I don't know where it will go, but I have to be strong enough, and I am wound up this broken relationship I have with Yoona. It takes time, but i will never give until I got to break her wall.

 

 

"Good Morning Miss Jung." I just smile  to the petite girl who greeted me. I can sya that I am not that tall, but this girl is way up shorter than me. Enough for her height, I just think she is a worker here too. I just greet back and smile at her. "I am Sunny Lee from Marketing Department." The petite girl introduced herself.  I just no in understanding. No wonder why she is cheerful as this. Normally, person major in Marketing are good in talking and I can say good in convincing?

"You know I was really impressed on how you carry the meeting the last time. It was always intense during the meeting. Miss Im always yell because she doesn't like the reports from Manufacturing department at all." Sunny told me.I don't know if I will believe on what she was saying. Maybe she was using her skills in me? If she only know that Yoona wasn't impree oof that presentation. Well, next time I will make sure that Yoona will compliment me on what I did. "Excuse me Miss Jung, are you still there?" I was too engross on thinking that I failed to answer the compliments that Sunny was giving me.

"S-sorry I was jsut thinking of something. Anyway thank you. I appreciate what you are saying. It was so rude of me, not to listen carefully on what you are saying." I bow a little. Sunny chuckles and wave her hand in the air. "No it is fine. You know Miss Jung I haven't been close to Manufacturing Department, but I know we need to work together. I hope you won't say no if I ask you to have coffee." Sunny give me her eyesmile. I don't if I am easy to be dragged or sunny really have the skills.

"Anyway dn't call me Miss Jung. Jessica is fine." I told Sunny and she smile again. "I guess that works the same for me, and I take that as a yes." I just nodded. Sunny lead me the way.

I find myself sitting on a cafè with Sunny. " Yoona know let me enlighten you what is happening to the whole company." I look at Sunny with a confusing look. She laugh a little. If I really want to know more about Yoona and  break the wall that surrounds her I should be attentive listening to this girl. "You know it only takes months for a head of Marketing Department in the company. It's either they will be fired or resigned." Sunny sip her coffee, I just told her to continue.

"Hey I am not scaring you, I was just sharing." Sunny break some ice. I jsut faintly smile.  "Miss Im wasn't like that before. She doesn't want to takeover the company. She just want to stay low." 

"Really? What makes her like that now?" I was really confused. I was shock too that Yoona is the CEO of the company. Well I know that her mom and dad wasn't that rich, the same with mine. "I was just an intern to the company that time. Miss Im was appointed as the new CEO during my 1st year in the business. But when I was an intern her father always bring her to the meetings. I also heard from the old employees that they never knew Mr. Im have daughter or even wife." Sunny continued. I was confused. Yoona's parents is my parent's friends.

"What do you mean? Can you elaborate what you were saying?" I asked politely. Sunny nodded and continue. "So as I was saying everyone knows that Mr. Im is old single man. But one day he show himself to the office telling the Board of Directors that he will give the position to her daughter in a year. Everyone was astonish of the big news." Sunny was really into the telling of the story. I was really confuse by now. I know Yoona since diaper. I should unfold the stories more. Seems in just years so may things have change.

"You mean Mr. Im Doyoung?"  I asked. Sunny shook her head. "Not Doyoung. It is Dongwook Jessica-ssi." I was confused and surprised. How come that it is Dongwook? I will never forget the name of Yoona's parents. Mr. Im Doyoung and Mrs. Im Shina. "Have you seen the man in the portrait when you enter the building?" Sunny asked me and I just nodded. 

"Well that man was Mr. Im. He was really handsome. No wonder why Miss Im is gorgeous as that. Anyway, I have heard you went on the same school as Miss Im. Did you know her way back then?" Sunny asked curiously. I was then again surprised that Sunny knows. First, Yoona's father is Im Dongwook and not the father I knw she have since we are young. Now this talakative woman knows that Yoona and I study on the same school. I will not be shock if she knew that Yoona is my bestfriend way back then. "How did you know?" I just asked.

"Of course I know about that Miss Kim is my friend too. She is the daughter of the former COO. Her father was the best friend of Miss Im's dad." Sunny gave me another information again. With the information Sunny giving me, I am starting to mae a conclusion in my head. It is either what I am thinking is true or its the other way round.

"So you two know each other way back then?" Sunny asked again. I look at her, and the latter was patiently waiting for my answer. "I just know her, but not close." I lied again. I don't want to lie, but I think it is not appropriate for me to say that Yooona is my friend when alll I did is hurt her feelings. I have no right. Sunny buys it anyway.

"I wish I also study on that school. Maybe Miss Im and I will be close." Sunny says. I almost choke on what Sunny says. I want to tell this talkative girl that if she did study their maybe she hates me now. Who knos anyone whould hate me if they knew that I used to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter