Chapter 3

The Language of Flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ding

The bell on the shop door rang as the sign that someone came into the shop.

"Sana, you come early," I said without looking at the door.

"Mina?"

I recognized that the voice was not Sana. I turned around and find unexpected person stood in front of me.

"Hi," she said

"N-Nayeon?" I said in surprise.

She just laughed seeing me startled. Nayeon started walking around the shop, looking at the flowers around her. Her pace was light, as if she was flying from one flower to another like a butterfly.

"Is this the same flowers that I got last night?" Nayeon asked me waking me up from my reverie.

"Oh yes, daisy," my voice came out too excited than I expected.

"I like them. Thanks for last night,” she smiled at me. “It was embarrassing though, it was just like announcing to the world that I'm single. But yeah... I still got the flower hahahaha..."

I just nodded and smiled awkwardly. Honestly being with her in the same room like this made me really nervous.

"What’s the meaning of this flower?" Nayeon asked.

"Daisy means innocence, cheerfulness and purity." Just like you.

"Whoaa, it looks like you've actually memorized it," she said as she continued to walk toward the other flowers.

"How about this?" Nayeon pointed at the daffodil flowers.

"The name is Daffodil. The flower is known for its symbolism of new beginnings and rebirth. They also mean sympathy, desire, and love me."

"Love me?" Nayeon asked again.

"Y-yes," I answered stuttering.

Nayeon continued to walk around the store, paid close attention to the flowers. She sometimes sniffed the flowers too, she looked cute like a rabbit who was playing in a flower garden.

I kept watching her until she exclaimed, “Shoot!”

"Gosh! I'm late! I enjoyed being here too much that I forget that I have to go to work," she said as she hastily walked to the door.

I could only laugh at her.

"I’ll be back and we can talk again about the flowers. Bye, Mina! "

Before she went out, I called her and reached for her hand.

"Nayeon, wait a minute."

She stopped and turned, "Hmm?"

I took some daffodils and gave it to Nayeon, "For you."

"For me?"

"Yes, for a brand new friendship."

Nayeon grinned and her eyes form a crescent.

"Of course. Thanks, Mina."

Nayeon went out while still clutching flowers on her chest. Although she said she was late, but her pace did not seem in a hurry as usual. I kept watching until she disappeared in the crowd of people, I did not realize that Sana was standing right beside me.

"Hmm... I know now," Sana said and made me startled.

"Do you want me to die from heart attack?" I asked, holding my chest and then went back to the shop.

"Is she the one?" Sana asked.

"Since when are you standing there?" I asked without answering her question.

"Yah, you haven’t answered my question."

"What?"

"Is she the one that you always wait every morning?" Sana asked again.

"What are you talking about?"

"Aaah! You’re so frustrating."

I tried to ignore her and continued the work that I did before Nayeon came.

"Hey, I know, Mina. I can see it from the way you look at her. Even when she already disappeared in the middle of the crowd you still look at her direction with the same eyes.”

"Really? Aaaww, I don’t know that you care about me that much Sana chan..." I asked her half joking.

"You don’t even stop smiling until now."

I stopped smiling and looked at Sana expressionless.

"Come on, I've been watching you for a long time. You might think I’m clueless, but I'm watching you.”

Sana continued, "I thought you liked Mark, but it turns out I was wrong. You didn’t show much interest to him after so much attention that he gave to you. But I know you like someone, and that someone isn’t Mark. Sometimes I saw you spacing out, like you were thinking about something, you look out the window like waiting for someone.”

Ding

The bell on the door shop rang again, interrupting Sana interrogation.

I grinned at Sana and smiled at the man in front of me, “Hello, I can help you?”

 

 

***

 

 

In the evening I met Nayeon again. As always I waited for her to pas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter