Beautiful

Beautiful

 

There were a lot of people. I tried squeezing in between to follow a hang clasped to mine that's bringing me somewhere. And at the end, there I stood at the rooftop of my apartment holding hands with someone I love. I looked him in the face and felt all the love bursting from me. 
"Sooyeon!" Junhyung shouted.
"I love you!" 
"What???" What did he just say?
"I love you but this won't work." Then he jumped from the rooftop.
I yelled his name over and over and over.  
 
"Wake up Noona! Junhyung hyung already left." I opened my eyes to see 5 faces peering at me. 
"Even in her dreams, she's dreading Junhyung!" Doojoon jokingly said. They all laughed. I was sweating from the effort of shouting, it seemed so real. 
"What happened?" I asked. 
"You fainted and we got you here at the hospital" Kikwang explained. 
"You should have told us that you weren't feeling well, we woul have sent you home." Manager said. 
"Anyway, we'll go home now. You sleep and stay here. You could skip work tomorrow." 
"Thanks, manager!"
 
I was startled awake by a noise by the door. I opened my eyes and saw a figure over the table arranging things. He looked at his back and saw me looking at him. 
"Did I wake you up?" Junhyung said. 
"No! No! I was going to wake up anyway. What are you doing?"
"I brought some snacks, the doctor said you should eat some when you wake up."
"Oh geez, thanks."
"I told you over and over that you can't do this."
"Are we back to quit-before-you-get-over-yourself kind of talk? Did you come here just to tell me that?"
"Well see I told youso but you didn't hear me out, now here you are at the hospital bed."
"Yah, yah yah."
"You don't listen well to people."
"And you don't stop talking, do you?" That made Junhyung laugh. It was refreshing to see him laugh whole-heartedly than the smirks he was used to showing.  
"I don't, do I?" I was taken a back by his laugh that I forgot what I was going to say. I stared at him for too long, so he actually knows how to laugh.
"You should laugh more. Makes you look more..." I took back what I was going to say. This wasn't a good idea. First the dream then me calling him handsome. Someone should wake me up cause this should be another dream.
"More what?"
"Nothing, forget about it."
"More what? Huh? Handsome? Say it! You think I'm handsome!" He laughed. What's wrong with him today? He wasn't in such a good mood earlier back at the set, now he's teasing me and laughing for the second time already. I'm now irritated by this softness I see in him and at myself for being so affected by it. 
"If you would just tease me, you better go. I'm going back to sleep."
"Alright, I just dropped this off anyway. Good night."
The next morning, I was so convinced it was all a dream. I went back to work and everthing was back to normal. Junhyung was back to his normal cold self and I was back to doing chores. Though something was not right, I felt light and happy for a reason I do not know. I went to the grocery to do the weekly shopping for Beast's food. 
"I should probably try something more than instant noodles."
 
I tasted the food before me and to no avail does it taste like it should. I put in a little more salt.
"Argh! They should hire a cook! This is really hard!" 
"What are you doing?" I screamed and flailed my hands in surprise and accidentally touched my hand to the pan. 
"Ahhh!" 
"What happened?" Junhyung went by my side in an instant. He blew on my hands and got some ice from the fridge. He took care of me until the redness subsided. 
"What were you doing with a pan anyway? You usually just boil some water in the heater and leaves it there."
"Well! I wanted to cook." He looked at me and chuckled. 
"Cook? Why on earth would you want to cook something other than the usual noodles?"
"I just wanted to see if I could. Now, why are you smiling like that?"
Junhyung ruffled my hair. "Nothing. Your hands are going to be ok. If you find yourself hurt again, I'll be outside."
He's really getting more complicated. First he laughs, then he attends to a wound and now he offers help? I shook my head and continued with tasting the food. 
"Stop standing there and watching like a hawk. You should rest like the others." 
"I'm looking forward to how that thing will taste like" He laughed and it made my heart flutter. Why am I being like this? He always treated me with coldness and contempt that I shouldn't be feeling this way. But the way he laughs lightens up the mood, when he smiles his face brightens up and he would look like a little boy.
"This thing is food, thank you very much!" I said with much dignity. I give up, this won't resemble anything if I wanted it to. I was going to put it in the trash when a hand stopped me. 
"Don't put it in the trash. Let's eat it." I looked at Junhyung to see if he was serious, and he was. He looked so serious I could laugh except his hand was holding mine and I couldn't help but tremble. 
"Don't look so shocked, I'm going to eat because we shouldn't be wasting food around here. Even a tasteless, not so edible looking one."
Junhyung took out two plates and got a handful of the dish. I looked at him while he took a spoonful. I was waiting for his reaction. I was wondering what vile, insulting words would he say.
"I like it." My spoon fell from shock. "What?"
"I like it, it needs a little something more though." He went and got some rice. He dumped a full of them and ate the whole bowl. I even gave him mine. He looked like a little boy eating the food. 
"You must be really hungry." I said and he laughed. Suddenly the atmosphere around us changed, I felt comfortable with him like I knew him for years. I stiffened at the thought. 
"You okay?" 
"Yeah I'm fine. Are you finished? I'll wash the dishes."
"Uhm, ok."
 
Over the next few days, Junhyung has become more bearable. He doesn't seem to need anything and smiles my way more often. I felt myself falling and falling for him even more. I tried denying it for the last few days but I couldn't anymore. 
"Hey! You okay?" Junhyung asked awakening me from my thoughts.
"Yeah! Why?"
"I don't know you look confused or depressed about something." 
"Ah no! Just thinking."
"So anyway, I thought maybe after the shoot we could have dinner, I wanted to try this restaurant and I thought maybe you wanted to go?" He looked shy and blushed a bit.
"Like a date?"
"Something like that."
"Sure!" I cried happily. A date with Junhyung! 
"Ok then, I'll comeback to the set now. I'll see you later."
I arranged Beast's stuff after their shoot while they change clothes and didn't realize that one of their accesory fell.
"Hey have you seen my bracelet?" Junhyung asked. 
"What bracelet? All your bracelets I have put in the box."
"Are you sure?" His voice was rising a bit. 
"Yeah, I put everything in there."
"Well my bracelet's not there." He was shouting now. "How can really do nothing right? Huh? You just have to arrange things and keep it in there for crying out loud. Is that really so hard?" Tears were b my eyes. I run away from him. "Hey! Where are you going? Hey! Come back here!" But I kept running and running until I felt a hand stop me.