The Meeting

Second Best No More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi. Let me start my story by introducing myself. I'm Alyssa Johnson, only daughter of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I've gotten my taste of life in Hollywood ever since I was a kid, and it was fine. But as I grew older, I realized I didn't want people thinking that I could quickly get in the industry officially just because he's my dad. So I bade goodbye to Hollywood and my dad for a while, and decided to try my luck in South Korea. I went to college there and took up a course specifically intended for those who want to get into show business, and here I am now. 

 

Just a few weeks ago, I got called up by my manager, letting me know that there was an audition for a TV series entitled 'Cherish'. He told me that the drama was about ex-lovers who were given a second chance at love, and at the same time, another obstacle in their relationship, when they found out that the girl has cancer. Because of this, the lovers decided to cherish each moment and memory they have of one another before fate finally separates them again. Basically, it was a bit of a sad story, because the girl was gonna die in the end. And that was what actually piqued my interest. Not only was it gonna be a challenging role, but it was also the very first major role I was gonna audition for. So, the week after my agreement with my manager, I auditioned for the female lead. 

 

Fast forward another week after my audition, and they completed the cast list. And I was very much glad that I got chosen to play the female lead.  Which leads us to now. See, all the actors and actresses that were part of the drama were called in to have a 'cast meeting' since the director didn't tell us who were playing who. Said he wanted everyone to be surprised when we see each other. And so I'm here, dressed in jeans, a v-neck shirt, and Chuck Taylors. I hope I'm not underdressed.

 

"Alyssa!" I snapped my head to where the sound came from and saw Director Kim. He smiled and went over to me.

"Gwaenchana?" He raised his brows in concern. 

"Ne. Just a bit nervous, that's all." I smiled a bit

"They're nice people. So you don't have anything to be nervous about. Arasso?" He patted my back, and I just nodded.

"Kaja, let's go meet your co-stars." He said, and ushered me into the building. 

 

We arrived at a room where I believed the meeting was going to take place, and once the door opened, I knew I was right. 

 

"Oh, she's cute!" I heard the eonni near the door whisper. I quickly went to take a seat next to her, and she introduced herself to me.

"Annyeong haseyo, I'm Lee Da Hae." She smiled sweetly at me.

"Oh, annyeong haseyo, Da Hae-eonni. Alyssa imnida." I bowed to her and she let out a chuckle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter