Final

Amor in Paris....

It was no easy task getting away from SM and Pledis's eagle eyes. Although their respective companies had completely cut their funds after learning of their plans, Seulgi and Hoshi refused to let them build a wall in the way of their love. It had been decided--Seulgi would bike to France, Hoshi would canoe to France. At first, they had argued they should go together, but remembering their idol status, they both agreed to not hurt their fellow members with their choices.

 

After teary goodbyes to their group members, Seulgi mounted her bicycle, still hearing Wendy bawling in the background. "Try not to get caught by Dispatch," she yells, waving her hankerchief in the air. 

 

Elsewhere in Korea, Hoshi boards a canoe, rolls up his sleeves, and gets to work. The other Seventeen members tearfully wave him goodbye, unsure if he will survive the expedition. "It'll always be 10:10!", he exclaims, canoeing off. It'll be a long 190 days of his life, but he's dedicated to Seulgi.

 

The trek is long and difficult for Hoshi, but his love for Seulgi keeps his arms moving forward as his heart calls for the bear looking girl in Paris. He keeps himself sane by singing Red Velvet songs to the speed of his canoeing. 

 

Seulgi manages to arrive in Paris 26 days after her departure. After sending a quick selfie to the other members to let them know that she is alive, Seulgi explores Paris to kill time; she has a full 164 days until Hoshi arrives. With no money on her person (again, SM had cut her funds), she mainly makes spare change for food by miming and tap dancing to the tune of Red Velvet and Seventeen songs that she plays on her cell phone.

 

Once the 164 days are up, Seulgi and Hoshi, by chance, bump into each other in the middle of Paris. They're amazed, since they both had forgotten to tell the other where to meet up in Paris upon arriving. They embrace in a tearful hug; a rat jumps out of Hoshi's now fully-grown beard onto Seulgi's hair, and a cockroach crawls out of Seulgi's shirt into Hoshi's pants.

 

"What do you want to do now?" He asks her, his arm around her. The other people stare at them, one a young man with a fully grown beard, the other a young woman, the man smelling terrible and being awfully sweaty. "I dunno," Seulgi replies sheepishly, "I didn't think we'd get this far." 

 

"Let's let the others know that we're okay," Hoshi suggests, and together they return to Seulgi's designated park bench which she had been calling home hand in hand, flies swarming around Hoshi's body, attracted to his stench.

 

Seulgi takes out her smartphone, which somehow has not run out of battery in the 190 days of her trip, and snaps a picture of them. Hoshi does the same with his smartphone, and they pose for a series of couple photos together. 

 

"We can set up camp in your canoe, I guess," Seulgi suggests, and Hoshi agrees. However, when they return to where Hoshi had slammed into the coast and run all the way to Paris, it was missing!

 

"Where's your bike, Seulgi?" Seulgi's eyes widen. Now miles from her cozy park bench and her bike, she was unsure of its current whereabouts. Someone had probably stole it by now.

 

"It's okay, we can earn money and buy ourselves a new canoe and a new bike!" Seulgi exclaimed. "We're both dancers, why don't we just dance around and put out a cloth for people to give us money?"

 

Just then, the police come up to them. They both stare in confusion as the men yell at them in French, because neither of them know French and never learned French. 

 

Seulgi thinks it's over. But then, she hears a familiar tune. It's Boom Boom. Hoshi plays it on his smartphone and starts dancing to it, egging Seulgi to follow him on with his eyes. The police are amazed. All officers present immediately empty their wallets, giving the young couple not only all of their physical cash, but also their credit cards. The chief (or who they assume to be the man in charge), shouts something excitedly in French, pulling the both of them in for a hug. They assume it to mean that they are free to use the money and cards at their disposal.

 

"Seulgi, this is great!" Hoshi jumps up and down. "What should we buy first?"

 

"Um, how about medicine? Are you bleeding?"

 

Hoshi looks down. He is in fact, bleeding. "Oh, that must be from when I crashed my canoe into the coast of France and ran the distance to Paris," He admits. 

 

"Ok, we'll get medicine first," Seulgi says, "Then we can buy a canoe and a bike."

 

For that was all they truly needed--not an apartment, not luxury bags or even food or basic hygiene needs like soap or toothbrushes. All they needed was a canoe, a bike, and each other.

 

The end. :)