Because You Loved Me

Paper Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You're the cure, You're the pain

You're the only thing I wanna touch

​​​​​​never knew that it could mean so much

____________________________________________________

"It's Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy" Namjoon's face was unreadable when the doctor said the condition of Seokjin. Hoseok looked like he would break down in any minute.

"It's something that's common in people under 30. He has known it for a while-"

"WHAT?! What do you mean?" Now the tears visible in Hoseok's eyes.

"I suppose he didn't tell you?" The doctor said in sad voice. "Maybe he didn't want to be a bother to you"

"Is h- Is he going to die?" Namjoon asked in a trembling voice. Being the good leader he is, everyone saw how he tried his best to act strong though in the inside he is a sensitive person.

The doctor looked at them sympathetically and nodded his head. "He only have three days more to live at best" 

Just then Hoseok broke down finally, crying his eyes out.

"Thank you so much" Namjoon bowed and turned to Hoseok. "Did Jungkook and Taehyung come?"

"Not yet"

"Yoongi hyung?"

"He and Jimin is in there with Soekjin hyung" 

"Let's go. We have tell him about Seokjin" Namjoon said keeping a straight face.

When Yoongi and Jimin came out from the room, they saw a panicked Taehyung pulling a senseless Jungkook behind him.

"What happened? Where's Seokjin hyung?!" Taehyung eyes looked wild and scared.

"Taehyung, lower your voice" Namjoon said coming towards them. Then he told s about Jin.

"Wait. He knew about it all along?" Yoongi asked quietly. He looked tired and messed up.

"Yes" Namjoon took a shaky breath before continuing; "He only has three more days to live at best. So, we- we should stay with him"

Jimin started crying while keeping his head on Yoongi's shoulder. "No no NO Jin hyung. He can't die. He can't leave us like this.Noo" Yoongi felt like someone was scratching at his eyes and he looked away, biting his lower lip to stop himself from crying. He is the second eldest after Jin so he needs to be strong now.

"Where's Jin hyung?" Everyone looked at Jungkook when he asked in a daze. He looked like he was out of the world with his eyes which was empty and meaningless.

"In his room. He's still asleep" Yoongi said gesturing toward the door. 

Jungkook said nothing and started towards Jin's room. No one tried to stop him nor went with him as they knew that Jungkook probably needed some time alone with his hyung.

The first thing welcomed Jungkook when he opened the door was Jin's lifeless body that was lying on the bed. Jungkook wanted to punch something or scream out his anger. He didn't understand why Jin always make him suffer when he just wanted to spend his time with him.

Jungkook took slow steps towards Jin's bed. He still felt like this was a really bad nightmare. That's it. Not real. He didn't want it to be real. That's all he wanted. 

It was the first time Jungkook noticed how thin Jin is. Well, in the kpop industry everyone had to be thin in order to get popular. It's ridiculous really. That's why no one really cares when someone is getting thin. It's something every idol does before a comeback. But looking at Jin, he looked like a rag doll. He was pale and his lips were chapped yet he looked like he was having a peaceful sleep. His chest rised and fell with every breath he took. Jungkook wanted to hit him and tell him to wake up or else he would go around telling around that Jin is an old grandpa. But at the same time he wanted to laugh at it. What's he thinking?

Jungkook sat on the edge of Jin's bed kept staring at him, his mind playing the moments they spent together. He didn't know how long he stood like that until Jin's eyes slowly opened.

 

The first thing Jin saw when he opened his eyes was all white. His throat felt like sandpaper and he groaned when his limbs felt numb. He was still seeing all white until Jungkook's expressionless face appeared in front of his eyes.

Jin's already paining ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter