Their story.

How i met my wife

They first met one another on the drama set of "The Innocent man", both were the leads. ChaeWon gave off a vibe that doesnt allow people to get close to her. The crew were worried if the chemistry between her and JoongKi would turn out well. It turn out the opposite way. Her gaze changed when she's in her character. They were all amazed by her passion, to be a good actress. That was also how he got attracted to her. Yet no matter how he tried to go close to her, she will always take a step back. JoongKi wanted to clarify things out with her but she would say "its not the right time yet". True to her words, when the drama came to an end, she came up to him first. "So, what is it that you want to talk to me about?"

He has a clean shaven face. Perhaps kind of innocent, barely looking like his actual age. Or should she say, he looks like a university student in that dorky spectacle. ChaeWon observed her co-star closely without being noticed. 'He should be nice to work with.' She concluded. Looking around at the rest of the actors, she was glad she was chosen to join this project. From action scenes to kisses, he pours his heart out into his character. He influence her to be better. She acknowledged his work ethic and his profession. Along the months, she felt his subtle curiousity on her. He asked for her phone number, sending text messages to her. She knows where this was leading to. She felt his sincerity but it isnt the right time, she told him directly.

Because ChaeWon is known not to mix business and personal together. She does not want to get involve with a co-star when they are being lovers in the characters. Its not that she feels nothing for him. December was coming to an end. JoongKi met up with ChaeWon. He thought through what to say when they meet. He has made up his decision.

"You know right. That i am going to serve the country for two years soon. That i will not be around as and when you need me, or have dates at any point of time. But i have thought it through clearly. Even with these road blocks, i do, still have a strong longing for you. I believe we can overcome this together, if you allow. What do you say ChaeWon? Do you have feelings for me? That are strong enough to stay by me? I like you, alot. As much as i want to be selfish, i will respect your decision." JoongKi confessed and waited for her reply. Her face shows no reaction. It worries him. 'Did i get it wrong? That she actually does not habour the same feelings i have for her? This is going to be so embarrassing.'

It's rare to see her smile. And when she does, his heart stopped beating. He saw it a few times when she's talking to the crew. It was never once to him until today. He was totally mesmerized.

"Be it a actor or a man, it made me look up upon you. I didnt want to move closer because we were still engaged in th same work. I feel its just isnt right to mix things together. And i needed the time to think what you mean to me, how i feel for you. I cant promise you anything too. But, we can try. I believe my feelings for you arnt shallow. I like you too, only not as much as you to me, at this moment. Love grows." Her words brightened up his face. Like him, she too gave deep thoughts on their possible relationship and the setback she might have to overcome by herself when he's not around. His love for her kept increasing every minute. It was official. He held her hands as her boyfriend on the last day of 2012. The couple enjoyed their quiet meetups til Aug 2013, where he official begins his service of army.

ChaeWon tried to hold her tears in but it kept edging out from the side of her eyes. His shirt was damped, where her head rested. Over the months of being together as much as possible, JoongKi saw many sides of her. He introduced his closest friends to her. They were all impressed. She's not just a pretty face, but also a street smart one. Unlike some girls, ChaeWon would initaite talks to the guys. She always try her best to make things easy for him, so he wouldnt be sandwich. Being with her warms his heart. She too, had been surrounded by his care and concern. He never once made her feel insure, always ensuring she's feeling fine. They have a promise to one another, that is to share everything. Be it happiness, sadness, anger or embarrassment. Such bonded them. His departure sadens her, although she does get to see him.

Time was clicking by. In his two years in army, they remained close. JoongKi was worried in the beginning as he heard most of his platoon mates' girlfriend broke up with them. They all found another man to be with as time was the only thing they did not have. ChaeWon once again showed him otherwise. Everyday without fail, she would text him on her wellbeing, what she has been up to and emphasing she is definitely not reporting to him. She's just sharing incase he's bored in camp. Once a month when they meet, he felt refresh. She's his energizer bunny. Looking back at the pictures they took, she's becoming prettier each time. When his elder brother got married and he could not attend, ChaeWon and KwangSoo assist his family with all the help they require. At one point, he didnt like hearing their names together because they were so close. He got jealous of his bestfriend. JoongKi couldnt help it. He told ChaeWon and instead of getting a remark that he's childish, she ensure that there was nothing going on.

"Dont be silly. I will not jeopadize any of your friendship. They are nice people and you love them so much. And i love you even more. So why would i want to make you go through these unnecessary rollercoaster. KwangSoo oppa see me as his younger sister, you should know that better. You are such a cute jealousy pot." ChaeWon explained as she laid her lips on his cheeks playfully. He could be very mature in this thinking but at times, he's merely a young kid who needs attention. Her affirmation put his heart in place, their trust in one another tightens. His friends protected her, his family loves her as much as well. He couldnt ask for more. They tide through his mandatory stint together. One after another, JoongKi felt fortunate to have her around.

He was given the opportunity to star in a pre-produce drama with famous actress SongHyeKyo. The drama had massive viewers and boosted his career to another level. Rumors were spreading like fire, insisting they both were dating. The couple bracelet, the meetup in NewYork, the closeness on the red carpet. What they see was the surface. The bracelet was a fashion accessory given by his stylist, red carpet star walk were necessary. The entire crew are close knitted as they had spent months together in Greece. But no one knows. He was with ChaeWon in NewYork. He posted pictures in his private social apps and HyeKyo happen to be in the same city. He wanted to reject her dinner invite because it was a trip for him and ChaeWon. His girlfriend insisted he go. Its not nice to reject one's invite.

"If there's nothing to hide, there's nothing to worry." Her words always make sense. She sees the bigger picture all the time while his mind shut off when he's with her. During his dinner with HyeKyo, he cleared up any misunderstanding or any possible chances of them beign together. He told her he has a girlfriend and it started way back, in 2012.

When they came back to Korea, his dating speculation with HyeKyo burns even wilder. They have been captured together in NewYork. Never once did ChaeWon compain or suspect. Whenever she feels insucure, she would rest her ears where his heart beats. She said that his truth. Her way of interpreting love is beyond his imagination. Her haters increased as many fans wanted him to be with HyeKyo when a handful still pin on their last collaboration together. ChaeWon had her fair share of uncertainties when he left for Greece. But his constant calls and messages assured her. She didnt want to put him into a discomfort situation where he needs to worry his girlfriend's emotions when at work. It was his first project upon discharge. It was important for him. It was also during the years where he's enlisted, she re-applied her university entrance to continue where she's stopped. This took some mind off the media commotion on her boyfriend with another actress.  

Marriage has been on his mind lately. They have been together for four years. When he's away, he missed her. He wasnt into those girl idols who visited the camp. His thoughts were full of one individual. Reminising back to when they first met, where she was ans still is this girl who gets along well with everyone but at a distance. Not being too personal or socially close. But her focus on her work gained praises and respect. When they got together, he saw more in her. ChaeWon cares, not wanting people to know she does. She blushes whenever he kisses her, even til today. More importantly, she loves him wholeheartedly, not expecting the same return. JoongKi noticed few other actors have been wanting to get close to her. She's oblivious about it as usual because her attention was always on him, about him. She's always there for him, assuring him silently.

He felt it was time to go public and had a discussion with her but all her concern was on him. His career, his fans, him. She is fine being the woman behind his back. And she worries. Most relationship that went public, often ended up in seperation. She had a point because media put too much stress on the couple causing them to not date freely. He had this discussion with his family. They were fully supportive. His mom especially. "I am not sure when again, but if she leave, you might not find one like her again." The thought of her leaving him gave him a sharp pain in his heart. Him being 32 and her 31. It was the perfect age to get married. Both of them have paved their career and oen investment. So even if their career goes into a slump, they can still live comfortably. And so, he made his decision. JoongKi informed his agency, his friends, his family & hers. He went to her parents house to ask her hand in marriage. ChaeWon's parents couldnt be any happier to see their daughter with the right man. Everyone gave him their blessing.

The next few months, JoongKi palnned his proposal in secret. As simple as she has preferred, the proposal ring does not have a huge diamond. It was just enough for her taste. He hoped so. He took her off on a surprise trip to Maldives where its calm and relaxing. Bending down on one knee,"Will you marry me, Moon ChaeWon? Lets be together til our hair grows white. Allow me to hold your hands til our last breath. Lets spend our lives together from now on. Shall we?" Her response was expected. She's speechless. Her tears flowed. She kept nodding her head. JoongKi carred her and swirled under the sunset. It was the happiest day for both. When they arrived in Korea, JoongKi protected her from the flashes from the camera. His company released the statement.

"Song JoongKi and Moon ChaeWon are engaged and are going to prepare for their marriage after dating for four years. Please give them your blessing. Thank you for all the love."

Feeling the need to give a statement of his own, he stopped midway. "We were never caught dating. Our love nurtured over the years. And so, i am going to build a family with this woman, Moon ChaeWon. To protect, love and cherish her for all she has given me so i could concentrate on my life as a actor. My perfect match in life. Thank you all for the blessing."

That was how Song JoongKi met his wife.