platonic love

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook's ability has been slowly dissipating. Each day, he would lose his capacity to read minds a little more than the previous day. As stated in his mother's letter, meeting an honest human being and having that person to be honest with him for a whole week worked. It felt extremely liberating to Jungkook. To being able to stare in his friends' eyes and see nothing more than theirs eyes. To be able to look into his customers eyes and not see theirs thoughts that included personal problems, desires and judgements. To be able to walk down the streets without having his eyes fixed on the concrete ground. Losing his ability brought a certain inner peace within Jungkook, it felt as if a burden was lifted up off his shoulders and Jungkook was immensely grateful to Lisa. Talking about the latter, she's been avoiding him. Ever since that night at the beach, Lisa avoided Jungkook. She didn't respond to his text messages, didn't look out of her window when Jungkook would be there, outside waiting for her. She hadn't come to his coffee shop nor the beach ever since that day. It has a been week and Jungkook missed her. 

“Jeon Jungkook” Mr. Choi interpellated him, taking him off guard. “What do you think of it?”

Jungkook wasn't paying attention to the lesson. His mind was occupied by thoughts of Lisa. He's been only thinking of her, hoping to find a way to make her believe in him. To give him a chance. Suga, sitting next to him, turned his head towards his friend along with the rest of the class. All of them waited for Jungkook's answer, because Jungkook always had it right. However, this time, no matter how long or how deep he stared into his teacher's eyes, he saw nothing beyond the eyes. 
“I have no idea Sir”

Jungkook noticed the small smirk that appeared on Mr. Choi's face, the perplexed expression upon Suga's face and the disappointment on his classmates' visages. It didn't matter to Jungkook, he had gotten what he always wanted. To be a normal student. 

Although, Jungkook felt joyful for being normal, the emptiness and sorrow left by Lisa's absence was enough to belittle any form of joy. There are days when Jungkook would sit on his own, late at night on the sand at the beach wishing Lisa was sitting next to him. During moments like these, the memories of Lisa and him would come rushing all at once in his mind like waves. He craved for her presence, her voice, her laughs, the touch of her hand in his, the scent of her hair. He craved for her lips to be pressed against his. He missed her and it was killing him. 

The boys noticed the odd behaviour of Jungkook and being the good friends they are, they eventually figured out that something was off with him and his relationship with Lisa. After numerous attempts from his friends, Jungkook gave up and ended up explaining them. Everything. 

“You shouldn't have gone that fast” Taehyung told as Jungkook finished talking, his gaze empty. 

“You were the one who told me to rush things you ”

“I didn't know about her parents divorce. I didn't know she fears love” Taehyung defended himself. 

Jungkook sighed. He knew it wasn't Taehyung fault nor anyone else. In fact, Jungkook didn't regret the actions he took that day. He doesn't regret confessing to her, he doesn't regret kissing her. 
He doesn't regret any of it. 

“Why don't you try and talk to her?” Namjoon suggested as he texted someone on his phone. 

“She's avoiding me”

“The final basketball match is this evening. I'm sure she'll come. Isn't Jisoo coming after all?” 

They were eating at their regular place in the canteen and Taehyung's basketball match had slipped off of Jungkook's mind, although Jungkook knew how much Taehyung has been practicing over the past week. He spent the last seven days practicing, before school, in between his classes, after school until late in the night. Literally, he spent every hour he had in the basketball field, dribbling the ball and shooting it into the net. Today was the day and Taehyung didn't seem much nervous. 

“Is Jisoo coming?”

Jungkook wasn't sure of it. He hadn't really kept himself updated about Taehyung's love life lately. Nonetheless, he knew Taehyung hadn't ask Jisoo out yet, despite knowing she's single and not with Bobby anymore. He wanted to wait, he said. Wait for the confirmation of his attendance at Seoul's National University. He didn't want to give false hope to Jisoo or to him. He wanted to be sure of it, before asking her out, again. 

Taehyung smiled. “Yeah, she is and she'll bring Lisa along” 

Jungkook nodded his head, grateful that he'll be able to see her for he hasn't seen her in the past week. The conversation soon changed to another and by the time they finished eating, it was time for the afternoon classes. Everyone headed towards their respective classroom aside from Jungkook, who followed Namjoon. 

“Hyung” He called him out, walking behind him in the hallway. 

Namjoon turned around and raised his eyebrows, confused as to why Jungkook wasn't going to his class. 

“I need to talk to you”

“Right now?”

Ditching classes isn't uncommon for Jungkook. Though, it is for Namjoon. Not that he never skip any of his classes, but he rarely does it, being an intellectual. They walked out of the school and sat down on the benches of the soccer field. 

“So what it is?” Namjoon asked as soon as both Jungkook and him sat down. 

“What's up with you and Jennie?” 

Jungkook didn't want to ask him directly or this brutally, but he waited for the whole for him to come and tell him and Namjoon didn't. 

“Nothing really” Namjoon dismissed any possibilities of any relationship. “Just a few hook ups here and there”

Jungkook almost choked on his own saliva hearing Namjoon's reply. “WHAT?”

“It's nothing serious“ Namjoon emphasized. “She sort of approached me to get to you, but as we got to spend time together, we kinda developed something” Namjoon was making all these unnecessary movements with his hands, hoping Jungkook would understand better, but it was just making the latter more confused. 

“Wait” Jungkook said as he tried to comprehend everything. “So you were going to set me up with her?”

“That's was at the beginning and it was before Lisa came into your life” Namjoon confessed, his voice a few octaves hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter