Epilogue

Baby It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 months after…

 

“Krystal Jung Soojung”

 

Upon mentioning her name, Krystal went up the stage to receive her diploma. 3 months passed by quickly like nothing happened. 3 months since Yoonri left. 3 months and her life went back to normal.

 

And those 3 months felt like hell.

 

“Krys!” Amber shouted.

 

Krystal found Amber amidst the excited crowd, she gave her a timid smile and walked towards them.

 

“Come on! Let’s take a picture!” Amber pulled Krystal.

 

They took a picture together with Luna and other classmates. It was such a happy atmosphere but Krystal wasn’t feeling it. She quietly escaped from her friends when Amber was called by other students to take picture with.

 

“Congratulations” a voice said.

 

“What are you doing here?” Krystal asked when she saw the owner of the voice.

 

“I am Director Ham’s daughter, you idiot” Jiyeon said and messed Krystal’s hair which annoyed the other.

 

“How are you holding up?” Jiyeon asked.

 

“I’m fine” Krystal said.

 

“Here” Jiyeon handed her an envelope.

 

The envelope looks like an ancient artifact making Krystal confused.

 

“What’s this?” Krystal asked uninterestingly.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to read it first?” Jiyeon said sarcastically.

 

Krystal rolled her eyes and examined the envelope. At the back it says, ‘To my future self, To my future lover’.

 

With shaky hands she opened the envelope carefully. She found a letter and a necklace. She started reading the letter and Jiyeon can tell that Krystal’s emotions are greatly affected at the moment.

 

Dear Future,

 

How old are you now? Maybe old? Me I’m 10 at the moment. Do you have kids already? Do you have your love beside you? You know? I hope that someday I’ll find someone who will take my breath away. Someone that will make my heart skip a beat. But I’ll probably drop dead if that happens. But I really want to experience love, when I get older. But I don’t want my lover to be sad when I’m gone. I want them to remember how much I love them. I want them to remember how we met, how we bicker, how sweet my kisses are, how warm my hugs are and how happy we are when we’re together. I don’t want them to be sad because I’ll be sad also. I want them to remember that I love them for my whole life, I might not be with them for a very long time but I want them to know that the time that we spent with each other are the happiest moments of my life. Hmmm. What else should I write? Oh yes, the necklace in this envelope. Mommy Yuri gave this to me when I was 7, she said that even if we aren’t together this necklace symbolizes her love for me. And I want this necklace to remind my love that I’ll always be with them no matter how. So, to whoever is reading this. I love you.

 

I love you, self.

 

I love you lover.

 

Love, Ashly Kim Yoonri.

 

“Why did you give this to me?” Krystal asked.

 

“Because it’s clearly wasn’t meant for me. You see, we knew each other since I was 8 and she was 4. Every time she visits during summer, we do things like we’re sisters. We do things normal kids would do, having parents with the same gender isn’t normal back then. So, we make things worthwhile when we’re together. She’s also smarter that kids her age so we are really stuck together. 6 years ago, we wrote a letter for the future and put it in a time capsule. Judging on what’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter