Chapter 1: Only the Beginning

When I Say Henshin, You Run!

Hi!!!! So, here's the first chapter even though its a little short. Just kinda... well, the beginning honestly. 
On another side, Kamen Rider Fans have you watched Episode 12 of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid!? Kiriya! :'( I actually liked him. Stupid Dan. I wonder what Kiriya knew about Emu honestly, something big enough that Dan had to murder him to shut him up. Horrible guy, honestly. Why did Kiriya even pick up that cursed Gashat Dan gave him? I mean HE KNEW DAN WAS GENM, He knew the guy was in leage with the Bugsters, but stilll UGH.


Enjoy the first chapter. 

 

It was late, unnaturally so. Probably around midnight, and Daehyun was just getting home from his second job. His bones were tired and weary, and he had had a little too much alcohol. Courtesy of the bar tender he worked with who understood Daehyun’s situation. Even from a child, Daehyun hated the dark… it scared the crap out of him. But he kept going, because what other choice did he have?

Daehyun stumbled down the street, readjusting his bag on his back. Was it heavier tonight then it normally was? Suddenly his body jolted like he’d been electrocuted, his whole form falling against the wall, shaking. Why did his body feel like it was falling apart? He tripped over something and fell face first to the ground. Daehyun hissed, clutching his aching ankle. He glared at the object he tripped over, but the look washed away. Of course Daehyun couldn’t see what it was, there were no street lamps illuminating this part of town. He shuffled his phone out before turning the mini flashlight on to shine over the thing.  Lying at his feet was an odd shaped belt. It had a thick, black front plate with a grey outer rim. Daehyun pushed himself to a crouch.

“What are you?” Daehyun asked, poking at the small little thing. Immediately, warmth spread in his gut. Daehyun found himself reaching out towards it with wanting hands like it was calling for him. He lifted it up to his eye level, turning it over in his hands before standing up. What was it, honestly? Daehyun’s best guess was that it was a belt, or something close to it. It sort of looked like it, with tiny little levers on the side. He pushed one of the levers down, but it popped up immediately. Daehyun shook it slightly, but it was silent. What if he… he put it to his waist? A long belt shot out from the sides and wrapped around his hips and suddenly a searing hot pain erupted in his lower gut. Daehyun dropped to his knees, curling into a fetal position. His mouth opened in a silent scream as the belt burned through his shirt and into his skin, sinking beneath the flesh. Daehyun looked down at his gut in horror, where the belt used to be. He felt it inside him, shifting against his internal organs. Daehyun clutched his gut before shakily getting to his feet.

He stumbled down the road with the belt moving beneath his skin, burning its way through his body. As soon as he got home he looked at himself in the mirror to see his skin burning red. Upon touch, he hissed with tears forming in his eyes. Why did all the bad things happen to him? What had he done to deserve it? Maybe he’d finally die? No more fake smiles, no more fake fooling around. He stumbled through his mean old neighbor’s yard before pulling open his apartment door, first floor. The door squealed as he pushed it open with his shoulder and he didn’t even bother to lock it behind him. It took too much time and his gut was on fire, he just wanted to sleep. If someone easily broke into his home, which happened multiple times before, then so be it. This, hopefully, was a nightmare.

 

The sound of Daehyun’s alarm woke the boy up, but he found he wasn’t in bed. No, he was lying face up on the floor. Daehyun was sure he’d fallen asleep in bed though. His eyes widened before he rushed to one of the many mirrors in his room. He pulled up his shirt, fear making him think the worst. However, his skin had remained the same color, and when he pressed on where the object had disappeared into, he felt nothing.

“A dream then,” he whispered, releasing a sigh of relief. He couldn’t help but smile before picking out his clothes to start the day. Everything was going to be just fine.

               

“A new one has awakened? Here? Two in one city? How is that even possible?” A tall, slenderly-built man stated looking up at another tall man. “Is he like me?”

“I think we needed more help, this is the sign. As him being like you, I don’t think so. He’s not as strong as you,” the other man stated.

“Do we approach him now or later? I have to be in the studio at two.”

“Not yet. Bang told me to tell you to leave him be until the power awakens,” the taller boy stated before walking away. The shorter of the two sighed before rolling his eyes. That kid followed after Bang like a lovestruck puppy, and Hakyeon had much better things to do.