#1 I'll be your boyfriend

Boyfriend Simulator

 

Eunha sighed for the hundredth time. The finals are killing her mentally. Eunha closed her eyes and leaned her head against the bus’s window. “Did you play the new game?” “You mean Boyfriend Simulator? Yes! Omo, it feels like I have a real boyfriend.” After overhearing the conversation Eunha scoffed .

Eunha was sick hearing about the Boyfriend Simulator game. All her close friends had been playing the game. Even SinB, the least person who she thought would play the game. ‘Who has time for that stupid game? Not me.’ She thought before opening her eyes to looks at the stars. ‘I want to have a real boyfriend not some AI Bot as a boyfriend.’ Wished Eunha’s heart.

---

Eunha laughed tiredly as she saw the game finished downloading. 2 AM. She’s sitting on her queen bed with assignment papers and notes scattered. She finished her mental breakdown after she realized she didn’t save her document. Eunha found herself pressing ‘START’ under the game’s title. Boyfriend Simulator.

On her computer screen, 'CREATE YOUR BOYFRIEND' is shown. Eunha lazily clicked it and started creating a boyfriend. The game asked her to choose design, traits and personality for her boyfriend but it doesn’t allow you to name it, or him. “Why am I doing this again?” Eunha asked herself before randomly choosing the design, traits and personality.

After pressing the ‘DONE’ button, the laptop’s screen turned black. “Huh? Didn’t I charge it? Is it because of the downloading?” Eunha asked. She sighed and put the laptop on the table beside her bed. “Oh my god, so messy.” The short woman whined before stacking up the papers and dove into her blanket.

---

The tall man walked towards one of the doors and stopped in front of his new apartment. 304. He smiled, showing his gums. He was holding his dog in one hand and his luggage in the other hands. His other stuff such as clothes, books and furniture had moved a few days ago.

 ---

Saturday, 9:24 A.M. Eunha woke up with the sound of knocking on her door. She groaned before getting out of her bed and walked towards her front door. “Who could be knocking my door now? If it’s Yerin-unnie again, I swear—“ Eunha stopped when she opened the door.

Standing there looking down on his feet was Jeon Jungkook. It’s the man that Eunha loved. “Can we talk?” He asked. Keyword, used. Upon seeing his face, Eunha felt like a needle pierced into her heart. Jungkook reached for her hand but she pulled away. “What do you want?” “I—I can’t live without you. I can’t live like this.”

She scoffed, "Can't live without me? What an idiotic excuse. I don't want to talk to you. Go away." Eunha responded coldly. She tried closing the door but Jungkook stop her by holding the door's handle. "Eunha, please." He pleaded.

"Excuse me?" A stranger said. Upon hearing the recognisable voice, Jungkook stopped. Eunha who was standing behind the door peeked through the door gap.

She saw a tall dashing man with his both hands in his pocket. "Do you have a problem?" He asked Jungkook. Jungkook clickled his tongue, clearly annoyed. "Who are you?" spat Jungkook. The man chuckled. "Can you go away? This is none of your business." exclaimed Jungkook.

"Sungyeol, Lee Sungyeol. And no, I can't since the one you're bothering is my girlfriend. Now, it's either you go or I'll call the security." The man, now known as Sungyeol threatened.  Eunha who was listening to the conversation was shocked. 'His girlfriend? I don't even know him.'

Jungkook glared at Sungyeol before turning his back and walked away. "You can come out now. You know, at least to thank me or something." Sungyeol joked. Eunha slowly opened the door, revealing her messy hair and pyjama.

Sungyeol snickered at the sight in front of him. "Don't you want to invite me in for some coffee?" He said. Eunha who heard his snickers realised that she still haven't washed her face. "C-come in." Eunha flustered.

---

Eunha sat down on her couch with Sungyeol on the opposite couch. "Thank you, but why did you help me? And why did you say that I was your girlfriend?" She questioned curiously. "I wanted to help you. I saw you struggling to chase him away." Sungyeol responded, dodging the third question.

She offered him some coffee that she made, once again asking "Why did you say that I was your girlfriend?" "Well because I thought if I said I was your boyfriend he would go away. But if you want a boyfriend, I'll be your boyfriend." Sungyeol winked, teasing her.