Square One

Reality and Fantasy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To start it off, Seulgi wasn't unpopular nor well-known either but she knows people and people know her too. She wasn't the type to participate in school activities, well, she did, only once and that was in declamation. Unfortunately, she didn't won. Oral and speeches weren't her forte after all.

But there are talents that no one knows, except for Seulgi herself. She's artistically great, her voice is as sweet as a honey and to pair it up with the instrument she loves, the guitar, it is an ideal combination and is perfect for competitions.

 

Seulgi was like an energy booster for the whole class. Smile and laughter fit her so well, so well, that her eyes curve whenever she's happy. She goes along with everyone in class and she's very outgoing. Out of all of everyone in their class, Seulgi has the most friends among seniors and juniors.

 

Although she has A LOT of friends, there are still certain people who she trusts..

 

And Irene was one of them.

 

 

"Yah! I told you to be quiet!"  Little Irene explodes, slamming her coloring book in the table. Everyone in the classroom stopped what they were doing and looked at her.

 

"Why? We are just playing right, Xiumin hyung?"

 

The said boy with monolids nodded in return.

 

"Yeah, playing, but you're behind me and it disturbs my coloring session!" Irene shouts again.

 

The two boys could just cover their ears at Irene's high-pitched scowl.

 

"Chennie and Uminie! ~" A girl with monolids barged in the three's ruckus in a cheerful tone, Irene has a "what-the--are-you-doing look". "How bout the both of you play in that corner over there?" the cheerful girl continued, pointing at the corner, near the blackboard.

 

"Thanks for saving us, Seulgi!" Chen winked at the cheerful girl, named Seulgi, which smiled afterwards.

 

Irene looked at her and said "thank you", eyebrows still furrowed. 

 

Just when Irene thought she'll be having peace, the girl with monolids gasped.

 

"Is that Enchanted Forest by Secret Garden?!" and the girl's eyes widened more than her usual eyes.

 

Irene looked at her weirdly.

 

"I mean, the coloring book." Seulgi continued after seeing the other girl's face.

 

Irene just shrugged. "I guess it is." she said, after closing the entire book to see its title.

 

"I don't look at the titles. Also, I'm not that fond of coloring, it's just for relaxing and past time." Irene continued.

 

Seulgi muttered an "oh". "I thought we're the same"

 

Seulgi reminisced on how she and Irene met and how they became friends.

 

 

"Hey Seul."

 

Seulgi sat down and looked at her classmate. Yes, Seulgi kept on transferring seats to talk to her friends and yes, she likes talking and talking.

 

"Why, Jongin?"

 

"Can you keep this as a secret?"

 

Seulgi nodded. "Sure."

 

Jongin scooted closer, so close that's in an inch til his lips and Seulgi's ear almost touch.

 

It was normal for Seulgi. It was normal for Jongin also. Seulgi had boy best friends in her elementary days so she developed some boyish actions.

 

"You know Krystal, right? Of course, you know her, she's our classmate." Jongin facepalmed after answering his own question.

 

Seulgi laughed. "Yeah, what about it?"

 

Jongin motioned for her to come close again. "I have been dreaming of her." Jongin backed away to look at Seulgi's reaction.

 

After seeing nothing but confusion, he burst, "FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS!!!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter