Live for Me

Live for me

Image result

Blood was the only thing I could see. The iron scent washed over my senses. I looked down at my stained hands. My hands gripped the white sheets ruining the pure color. I sprinted to the bathroom, quickly turning the faucet. The cold water soothed my sinful skin. I leaned down splashing my face. I looked up to see a reflection that wasn’t mine. “Taehyung!” He called. I shook my head while shaking my head in disbelief. “You're not real, I killed you.”   His hand reached out, lightly caressing my face, he mimicked my face before letting out a dark chuckle. “Are you sure about that?” He asked

 

I sprung upright, my hand on my chest. I looked beside me letting out a sigh of relief at the sight of the content boy sleeping beside me. I quietly slipped out of the bed, careful not to wake Jungkook. I grabbed my phone before climbing out the window. I scrolled through my contacts, stopping at a number I’ve been so afraid to dial. I pressed the call button hesitantly. I pressed the phone to my ear humming along with the dial.

 

“What do you want?”

 

I chuckled softly. “We haven’t spoken in two weeks and that’s how you greet me?”

 

“It’s your fault we haven’t spoken.”

 

“I’ve just been busy ya know.”

 

“Yeah I guess hiding from from the cops can keep you busy.” He spat bitterly

 

“Namjoon-hyung-” I started. “Tell me Taehyung, is it true?”

 

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” I answered

 

“Doesn’t matter!” He scoffed in disbelief. “Of course it matters Taehyung, you’re not the only one affected by all of this.”

 

“I know bu-”

 

“No you don’t know, everything has change, Jimin, Hoseok and Jin all blame themselves for not being there and Jungkook has been so estranged.”  I stayed silent letting him continue.. “Just...tell me why you wo-.”

 

“Because you weren’t there!” I yelled silencing him. “You...you weren’t there when I tried to call everything was falling apart and couldn’t be there.”

 

“I’m sorry.” He started.

 

“Don’t be, it’s my fault I shouldn’t have lost control like that.”

“So what are you going to do now?” He questioned. “I’m going to fix things.”

 

“Do you need any help?”

 

I shook my head even though he couldn’t see me. ‘No, this is something only I can do.”

“Taehyung-” He said worriedly “Goodbye Namjoon.”  I said releasing the call. I shoved the phone back into my pocket before traveling to my next destination.

 

I’d been walking for a while when I finally stopped at the flower shop. I lifted my hood, letting it cover half of my face. The bell chimed acknowledging my entrance. I quickly picked up six white flowers. I placed the flowers onto the counter along with my money. I whispered a ‘thank you’ before exiting the store.

 

I’d just gotten to my final destination when my phone began to ring. “Hello” I answered

 

“Taehyung where are you? I’ve been searching for you for an hours.”

 

I chuckled at his worriedness. “Calm down Jungkook, I’m at the river,”

 

“Really?” I’m close I’ll meet you there.”

 

“No don’t!” I yelled loud enough to make the birds flock away.

 

“Why?” He asked. I could hear the hurt in his voice. “There’s something I have to do and I don’t want you to be here when I do it.”

 

“What could you possibly be doing that would affect me?”

 

“Who was Captain America’s best friend?” I asked ignoring his question.

 

“Um it was Bucky but this isn’t the time for Marvel trivia-.”

 

“What did Captain America do for Bucky?” I asked disregarding his statement again.

 

He scoffed this time as if he’d been offended. “You mean what didn’t he do? He literally became a fugitive for him.”

 

“Exactly.” I said. “What do you mean exactly?”

 

“You’re like Captain America and I’m like Bucky, you’d do anything to keep me safe and hidden even if costs you and I can’t let you do that.”

 

“W-what are you saying Taehyung?” He asked

“I don’t want you to save me anymore.” I answered blutly.

 

“So that’s what you’re doing.” He said in a bitter tone. “Jungkook?” I asked only to get silence as an answer.  Took the phone from my ear to see he’d hung up. I began to climb the latter knowing if I hadn’t by the time he got here I wouldn’t be able to do this. The sound of footsteps slammed onto the metal boardwalk as I reached the final bar.

 

“Kim Taehyung!” He screamed. “If you jump I will too.”

 

“You can’t do that”

 

“Why not?” He asked stubbornly

 

“Because it’s easier to die for someone that’s why..I need you to live for me.

 

I stepped onto the platform placing the flowers down one by one. I looked down to see the teary eyed boy staring up at me. “Don’t do this.” He whispered.

 

“I have to.” I said

 

“Why?”

 

“I told you, I can’t let you be my hero anymore, I need you to live a long fulfilled life that’s not burdened by my troubles.” I said feeling tears begin to prick at my eyes.

 

“Yes.” He answered  “Jungkook!” I called

 

“Just think of me as a caterpillar who is becoming a butterfly and besides, you always liked Iron Man better.” He laughed between tears. I looked out towards the sky, preparing myself. I glanced once more at him. “I love you” I said before rushin off towards the open water.


For a moment it felt like I was stilled in the air. Until I felt the cold water wash over me. I smiled as I let the water envelop me. I was free.