Final

where are we gonna end up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was supposed to be a regular day for Chanyeol. Waking up to 20 messages from Baekhyun was standard. Baekhyun had a tendency to message him at the strangest times. Often it was Baekhyun asking him which word sounded better in a sentence. Sometimes Baekhyun asked whether or not he could use a date they had as a plot device. Sometimes it was just Baekhyun texting him goodnight. Chanyeol was used to these texts and often he’d reply to them after he had breakfast. However, waking up to 5 missed calls from Baekhyun was not standard.

 

Baekhyun had this quirk to him. If he could text everything he would. If they weren’t physically with each other, communication had to be done by text. This was a definite cause annoyance whenever Chanyeol was out of town or away from Baekhyun for a significant amount of time. Although, as time passed, as much as he wanted to always hear Baekhyun’s voice if they were apart, it just became something he learned to love.

 

Given this quirk Baekhyun had it wasn’t a surprise that Chanyeol was at a loss on what to do. The latest text Baekhyun had sent him was from 5 hours ago and none of them showed any reason as to why Baekhyun would’ve called him. He knew Baekhyun didn’t like taking calls but he did call Chanyeol himself.

 

Chanyeol ended up giving Baekhyun a call anyway. If the smaller complained then he’d just say that he called him first.

 

The phone rang three times before he was greeted with Baekhyun shouting, “Ya! Why are you calling me? You know I hate phone calls!”

 

“Hate to break it to you Baek but you called first. All I’m doing is returning the favor.”

 

“Oh yeah. Sorry I forgot.”

 

How someone could forget they called five times consecutively was confusing. Chanyeol however knew who he was talking to. Typical. Chanyeol thought. “So what was so important that you, of all people, decided to call me?”

 

“You’ll never guess,” Baekhyun said in a playful tone.

 

“Probably yeah.”

 

“Come on play along!”

 

Chanyeol sighed. He knew he had to or else he’d have a pouty Baekhyun later on. “Fine. Um, did a fan gift you a puppy?”

 

“No. It has to do with a relationship.”

 

“Did a fan propose to you?”

 

“No, idiot. Anyway that’s not exciting news. I get proposals every other week.”

 

Baekhyun was bragging, he didn’t get proposals that often. Chanyeol thought but that wasn’t exactly the truth. While he didn’t get proposals that often he did get them once a month. Why Baekhyun chose to be with Chanyeol never ceases to surprise him. God, he was lucky.

 

“Fine. I give up. Tell me!”

 

“Come on. I’ll give you a huge hint. One of our heart-shaped lipped friends is getting married!”

 

“No way.”

 

“Yes way! Kyungsoo told me like a few minutes ago,” that explained the five missed calls.

 

“What the hell! Who is he even marrying?”

 

“Who else?” there was only one person Baekhyun could be talking about given his tone.

 

“Oh my god. No.”

 

“If you thought of Jongin. Ding ding ding ding! You’re a winner! Congratulations for playing guess who is Kyungsoo’s fiancé”

 

“I can’t believe this. Kim Jongin is getting married.”

 

“That’s exactly what I said when Kyungsoo told me! The first thing I thought was ‘gosh what a lucky guy, I wonder who actually bagged Kyungsoo’ then I started to think ‘huh? Kyungsoo didn’t tell me he was with someone seriously?’ and then it hit me you know.”

 

Pacing often helped Chanyeol processed things and that’s just what he was going to do. “I’m in literal shock. I have no clue what to say.”

 

“I can hear your pacing babe. Come on, your best friend is getting married. Nothing to worry about.”

 

“Baekhyun have you forgotten who we’re talking about? Kim Jongin is getting married.”

 

Baekhyun huffs before he responds to Chanyeol. “I made some coffee before I left. Go get some. It might be cold but it’ll probably help. And stop pacing. I don’t want you to develop this habit again.”

 

“Okay. I’ll just pace to the kitchen now.”

 

“haha. You’re such a comedian,” Baekhyun said in a sarcastic tone.

 

When Chanyeol reaches the kitchen he checks the temperature of the coffee and pours himself a cup. “Ya! Mr. Never Sleeps, you were only half right, the coffee was just lukewarm not cold.”

 

“Did you just wake up, Yeol?” Baekhyun said as Chanyeol poured himself a cup of coffee.

 

“Yeah like maybe five minutes after your first five calls, I think.”

“Aww. Sorry for waking you. I’ll make it up when I get home,” Baekhyun’s tone suddenly gets softer, “Heart lips just came in the room and I was supposed to have at least half a chapter done by now. Bye! Love you, see you later!” after that Baekhyun hung up the phone and their apartment was quiet again.

 

Well that was certainly a way to wake up.

 

—-

 

Apparently Chanyeol wasn’t freed from talks of Jongin and Kyungsoo’s marriage when he was at the office. By that he meant, right when he got to his desk, he received a call from Jongin.

 

“I’m getting married,” Jongin said seriously. Was this going to be a trend for Chanyeol now? Phone calls with abrupt greetings?

 

“Good afternoon to you too Jongin,” Chanyeol said with a slight chuckle.

 

“Is that all you’re gonna say?” Jongin said with exaggerated offense, “Your best friend is getting married and all you’re gonna do is great me good afternoon?”

 

“Baekhyun told me.”

 

“Oh that makes sense.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter